Blogs

Notices

Bedtime Gratitude Prayer

Old 06-09-2005, 01:24 PM
  # 581 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I've seen Cheryl today, but not Sherry. Haven't seen Sherry in a while actually and she was supposed to celebrate 4 months a couple of days ago. I hope she's OK. Thank you again for the congrats.

Heeeere's Johnny!
(with a marmoset)

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-09-2005, 01:44 PM
  # 582 (permalink)  

Here I am! I've been really busy with looking for an apartment and trying to get my firebird on the road. I'm grateful that it doesn't need that much done to it for it to be safe. Then I'll work on "pimping it out" LOL. Great to hear that everyone is still doing well. Talk to you soon.

Sherry
Old 06-09-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 583 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I posted to you on the Newbie Bus thread. Check the Newcomers Board for your 4 month thread, OK?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-10-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 584 (permalink)  

Thanks Eddie. I think I've read all your posts. Today I am grateful that Mom is home from the nursing home and feeling a little better. It has been real summer like the last few days, too, for which I am always grateful!
Old 06-10-2005, 02:08 PM
  # 585 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome, Sherry! And I'm glad, too, that your mom is doing better. My mom may escape knee surgery after all. She has a couple of tears in the meniscus around one knee, but is doing physical therapy and walking, and seems to actually be getting better! You know, I was worried there for a while that she was going to be bringing home dope, so this is a big relief for me and I am grateful for that.

I'm also grateful that one of my dahlias is already budding and that 5 of the 15 I just planted are coming up! It's really exciting watching them grow. I'll probably have to post some photos when they finally bloom.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-11-2005, 07:04 PM
  # 586 (permalink)  

Good evening Eddie and Richie. I really need to do a gratitude check tonight. It's hard taking care of my mom and I get stressed and even resentful sometimes. She is home from the nursing home, and she is miserable. All she does is whine and complain. I need to be grateful that I didn't have surgery, and I'm not the one feeling miserable. I also need to be grateful that my parents are being kind enough to let me live in their home. I am also grateful that I finally found a nice apartment. Now I just have to pray that it's God's will for me to have it.

Enough rambling. I am grateful that I am sober today. I am also grateful that it is bedtime........good night. :sleeping:
Old 06-11-2005, 07:38 PM
  # 587 (permalink)  
No expectations!

:sorry you're having trouble with your mom, Sherry! :sad6: But it's great that you did find some gratitude today. Hope you sleep well!

I am grateful to have my substance abuse counseling board exam DONE!!!!! Now I have to wait 6-8 weeks for the results.

And grateful that 3 more dahlias have popped up since yesterday. I just hope all 15 of the new ones make it. So far 8 have come up. Whoo-hoo!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-12-2005, 04:36 PM
  # 588 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Hi Sherry and Eddie,
I'm sorry you are under so much stress with your mom,Sherry.Be glad that you can be there for her when she needs you.I spend a lot of time helping out my elderly parents and it is also very stressful sometimes.I am grateful that I now have a chance to give back to them some of what they gave to me over the years.And I'm clean and straight now so I can handle what needs to be done.I now it's tough but it sure can make you feel better than drugs can.Good luck with everything.
And Eddie,good luck with your exam results.And with your Dahlias.
My vacation is over tonight.It's back to work tomorrow,but I'm kinda glad.The old cravings have been after me this week.Especially in my dreams.Thank God I haven't given in.My life now means too much to go back to that s**t.
Have a good night and God bless you all.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 589 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Richie!

Grateful that I actually went out for coffee today with my husband and another couple. It had been way too long! Plus they're great people.

And grateful for Mapquest, too. I figured out how to get from the train station to the hotel in New York! Cool!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-13-2005, 09:50 PM
  # 590 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful for my H&I commitment and my friend Patti for helping out with it. We had a good meeting and I've already seen some of the clients at meetings in the community, too. Whoo-hoo! I love carrying the message.

And grateful for my train tickets on Amtrak which arrived today. I was beginning to wonder about them. namommy and her husband are planning to signal me as the train goes by their house in PA. Should be interesting.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-14-2005, 07:28 PM
  # 591 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I am grateful for eyebrow waxing (teehee) which I tried for the first time today. So cool! I love my new eyebrows! LOL. And so much faster than plucking...OK, you can stop laughing now.

Twelve of the batch of 15 dahlias I planted have come up and I am very grateful for that too. I go out and check each morning. I am patiently awaiting the Midnight Moon variety, though.

Sweet dreams, anyone!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-15-2005, 05:04 PM
  # 592 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

:e14k It's just too hot.
Thank God for air conditioning.
And lemonade.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:23 PM
  # 593 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Grateful that I did actually make some calls about jobs today and did some looking on the Internet, too. The prospects are not good, but at least I'm finally making some effort!

Grateful for a good workout this morning in the cool of the house. I usually walk with my mom, but she's out of town, so I got on the "Cardio-Glide" machine and really worked up a sweat.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-16-2005, 05:21 AM
  # 594 (permalink)  
just j

Hi all of my friends! I have missed you all. During the school year I am busy, but I want to get back to all of you and post more often. I miss the friendships and support that is here.

I know it is alittle early to post a gratitude prayer, but gotta do it when I can.

I am grateful for almost 10 months of sobriety. I counted wrong when I said 11...sorry...my anniversary date it August 22nd.

I am grateful for summer break
I am grateful for my family and friends
I am grateful for my job (gotta pay the bills!)
I am grateful for AA
I am grateful for my good health
I am grateful for new opportunities that continue to present themselves in my life.

Take care all and can't wait to catch up with you all! Jalyn

Eddie....thanx for asking me back!!
Old 06-16-2005, 05:30 AM
  # 595 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jalyn. Glad to hear that all is going well with you. I can understand being busy. I've been taking care of my Mom for the last 3 weeks (knee replacement surgery). I am grateful that she is starting to feel better, although some days can get bad! I am grateful that I have my friends in aa to listen to me whine about it, then make me be grateful for having such loving parents. They deserve to be taken care, and I am grateful that I am able to do my part, most of the time. I have to stay honest!

I am also grateful that we are finally done helping my b/f's parents move all their stuff into storage. They are moving to Florida in October, and they sold their house here already. It was only on the market for 2 days. I bet they were grateful about that, except now they have to stay with her father!

So, I am off to work. Take care and have a great day. Richie, stay in the a/c. Eddie, I'm so happy for all the blessings you are having. I wish I could be in NYC with ya'll, but I just couldn't talk the boss into it. Make sure you guys take pics!!!!!

Love and Hugs.........Sherry
Old 06-16-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 596 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey all...it's been a long time since posting on this thread. I'm grateful God gave me a moment of clarity in a time of insanity, which now has resulted in almost 40 days sober! I'm grateful for my (very first) sponsor and her guiding light through a foreign country called the Big Book and the 12-steps. I'm grateful that I finally realize that I have to go to any lengths to stay sober, and I'm doing just that. I'm grateful that my head has finally been pulled from my orang-a-tang-tang <<< Ummm...yeah, don't ask!
What else? Grateful for second chances at life (even while cleaning up the wreckage of the past), grateful for summer days and sudden thunderstorms--I LOVE when that happens! I'm grateful for tweezers--I really don't need eyebrow wax
I'm grateful for BBQ's, those red, white and blue popsicles, sprinklers, sparklers, and lemon merengue pie. Oh yeah, and seedless watermelons.
I'm grateful for double shots of chai in my iced chai latte, t-shirts with happy sayings, red toenail polish, and blonde hi-lite hair kits.
Most of all, I'm grateful to be living in a world where I'm able to experience these things and more!

Danielle

Last edited by squirrelly77; 06-16-2005 at 02:18 PM. Reason: What the h*ll? My spelling...
Old 06-16-2005, 02:25 PM
  # 597 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by squirrelly77
I really don't need eyebrow wax
Just what are you trying to say?! LOL.

Thanks for sharing, Danielle! Welcome back, and Congrats on (almost) 40 days!! Mmmm.....iced chai latte !

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-17-2005, 03:53 AM
  # 598 (permalink)  

Good morning my friends!!

Today I'm grateful for being in college, the special people that God put into my life, my new car (it's really cool!), and being able to enjoy the special moments in my life and not waste them.

My manager at work is giving me a hard time so I hope she will mellow out a bit.

Glad to see everyone here doing so well! I'll try to check in later!

Love,
Angel
Old 06-17-2005, 07:03 AM
  # 599 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Jalyn,
Sorry, somehow I missed your post. Welcome back and thanks for sharing, too!!!

Cheryl,
Welcome back to you, too!

I have to go get ready for an NA campout now (for which I AM grateful). So I will see you all on Sunday. Have a great weekend, everyone!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie

P.S. I am also grateful to have 3 wonderful sisters-in-law, even if they all live in Oregon!
Old 06-17-2005, 07:48 AM
  # 600 (permalink)  

Eddie,

I hope you have a great time at the NA campout! Have a great weekend!!

Love,
Angel