A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 10

Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

kj, this thread is good for my motivation, thanks.

Bad, from another thread, always says it's not what you think, what you feel that counts, it's what you DO

I am working on that.

So I drug out the afghan. Repaired, tho' not restored, the hole, but it won't unravel.
Hubby, retired artist/disabled vet sees it as unfinished. He recommends a border. It's sort of messy and primitive but it's got like camouflage in it. I think it's 6 years old good enough. Wouldn't show it to the knitting group

That took no time. I have spent blobs of time fretting about it. As far as I am concerned it is ready for mail. I think daughter will like it as it designed for her little star and "monogrammed". And the other one is really good work. Hubby is up and we can watch something and I can work on the cotton knit outfit I would like Eli brought home in unless it is too big. I can get a leg done today, maybe more.

Trust me, you don't really want an alligator and don't accept any invitations to an alligator farm. I didn't know that would come up, but I know a bit. There's a 14 ft alligator at the watering hole. It requires a license to have one.
Have AH feed this one a chicken or something.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I was kidding, kinda but I was thinking the more exotic animals I have the less chance AH will ever step foot in my house. Im actually in the process of getting a softshell turtle as a rescue.

On the other thread we discussed "Bully".

I wont accept invites to an alligator farm, but now, I gotta ask why?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

It's a joke...like the mafia inviting you to dinner.

The knitting needles aren't clicking. I tried. I am out of practice and got frustrated. Was making mistakes. No reason to frustrate myself.

How about planting those flowers and hanging out a load of laundry and starting a new one. Quick and no stress. With hubby up...put away say 15 pieces of clothes.

I'll probably work a long, hard day tomorrow. And Saturday is a for sure.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Live you already ahve more energy that me, I havent moved from my office chair, cant, feel too disoriented
Old 05-24-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

My friend just sent me this, I thought you girls would like it
A POEM ABOUT OUR GIRLFRIENDS
Someone will always be prettier.
Some will always be smarter.
Some of their houses will be bigger.
Some will drive a better car.
Their children will do better in school.
And their husband will fix more things around the house.
So let it go,

and love you and your circumstances.
Think about it!
The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart.
And the most highly favored
woman on your job may be unable to have children.
And the richest woman you know,
she's got the car, the house, the clothes~~~~
might be lonely.
And the word says, "If I have not Love, I am nothing."
So, again, love you.
Love who you are.
Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say,
"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed, to be disappointed!"
"Winners make things happen~~
Losers let things happen."
Be "blessed" ladies~~~~~
and pass this on to encourage another woman.
"To the world you might be one person,
but to the one person you just sent this to,
it could mean so much."
!
Old 05-24-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I'm not feeling good today. It seems I can not focus at all today. yesterday I had such a productive day at work but today I just feel burnt out. I tried snapping out of it but I cant. I notice though I am always rushing to get here and there just so i could have a moments peace when the kids are in bed. I stick to such a strict schedule when it comes to the evening. Like today I get out of work at 5 all i want to do is get the kids, head straight home, have Michael play a bit, daughter probably be watching Hannah Montana, get Michael to sleep and then I finally relax. Well my daughter tells me that at my moms house there will be a birthday party a 6 for one of the kids my mom watches but I dont want to be bothered and stay there for two more extra hours. I wish my daughter could just sleep over enjoy the party and I go home. I am so tired of all the running around all the time. I guess I will have to deal with it I chosed my life, I dont see any changes in my routine for a while now. I need a vacation so bad. I will though get four days off this weekend. Thanks for letting me vent.

Jewel
Old 05-24-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 4 days off. Im looking forward to my 3 (day 3 being without a diaper wearer.Yeah)
Jewelz, I bet you can appreciate this. Im always so busy hardly get time to just hug my kids. AH always ahd time to hug lil man (when convenient for him, and when not working) and so does MIL who watches him2 days a week. Lil Man never went through a whiney detaching stage. I figured this was why.
For the last 6, or is it 7 now, weeks He's slept with me every night. The other night he started hugging on me in his sleep. I went with it.

The last 2 days when dropping him off at MILs, he didnt cry but he hugged me extra tight and acted as if he wasnt gonna let go. He wanst upset to go to MIL, but obviously expressing not wanting to leave me.

So tonite, no matter how sick I feel or how late I get home Im gonna sit and snuggle through Dora Explorer
Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I guess I should just suck it up, put all the ambivalent feelings aside and enjoy the evening with my daughter. I know this is what I should do and I will do tonight its just so hard at times.

Hugs,
jewel
Old 05-24-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

arghhhh!!! my f***ing ah is driving me nuts right now!! please tell him to suck it up!!!! got run and get the kids - talk to ya later
Old 05-24-2007, 04:53 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Jewelz, sometimes we are run down and sadly its necessary to put our needs before our childrens fun. I personally do nothing in the evenings, truth is, yes it would kill me. Gotta have brain recoup time.

Finally, hope you are okay
Old 05-24-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Guys AH went to see the baby today, jogged the 5 miles to MILS.

I feel growth, my thoughts werent..and he dindt care bout me. Instead Im thrilled for my son.
: I feel like hes the man I love and hes capable of getting it together when he chooses for now we live separate lives and for the first time Im not worried what the future will bring
Old 05-24-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

You are the ones who have the energy and the demands of the office and family.

Troubling over knitting is what Bad would say "our problems are golden"

I worked on the laundry for real off and on. Took three hours to knit the leg piece of the garment. I do want to make an heirloom piece.

Yesterday hubby made tuna salad, so I made a big bowl of romaine lettuce, filled it with tuna salad and grated smoked swiss on it. Then ate a bowl of beans he made in the crock pot today. I am stuffed. And the dishes are nothing compared to when I cook. I have my last load of laundry in.

Tomorrow Edie and I will clean about 4 houses. I'll be busting it, but it is good for me.

I am waiting for it to get dark so I can go to bed!

I am here learning how to live.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Live, sending you hugs right now. Doesn't feel good to live again..

Cindi, I'm glad he went to see the little one. I know that would warm me up a bit inside.

Well the party was over by so that was good.Abf is working, has been working since 6:30am running on only about a 4 hour sleep, Michael is sleeping (thank god), and my daughter probably watching Disney channel. I am trying to unwind.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Well I thought I was redy for bed. Then the phone rang. I had three call hangups one after another (hang up when machine answered.) Thats AHs calling card. Sure it could be a wrong number, a coincidence ect. But my gut says drama or anything this time anight was a nono. I figure he's machine phobic, but if it was important he could leave a message. right? Im glad he spent the day with our boy, but that doesnt change anything, it does mean he didnt work today. Im just not up for drama anymore ever. I like my peace, but now I get this eary anxious feeling its all about to start again, the calls and such. I hope it doesnt... I cant take it, as much as it hurts with no contact and being a part, its so much easier to deal with and he still has so far to come
Old 05-24-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Ok so I searched the number the person who called lives, or the land line is smack dab in the middle of crack town halfway between here and my old house. I know longer think it was a coincidence
and there goes the phone again, three times again... I unplugged it. Apparently he's not worried about the power going back on
Old 05-24-2007, 08:31 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I would unplug it too not need for drama if it was important he would leave a msg and if he wanted to talk to u he could call earlier as most people go to bed earlier when they have 3 kids who exhaust them and work a full time job to keep a roof and food on the talble. He will just have to learn that lesson. Proud of u for not picking up the phone. WAY TO GO CINDERS!!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

hope the calls stop tonight and you are able to get some sleep...............
Old 05-25-2007, 12:21 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
rozied

I too am wondering where Teke is. We got to be pretty good friends & now I haven't seen a post from her in 2 days. You all know Teke longer. Does she do this from time to time???
If anyone knows that she is ok could you please let me know. I am worried.
Love,
Diane
Old 05-25-2007, 03:27 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Diane she did this once before and was gone 6 months. That time she felt like the enemy cause of her past. I dont see how that could be this time. SO Im worried. I wish someone knew how to contact her
Old 05-25-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj0975 View Post
I would unplug it too not need for drama if it was important he would leave a msg and if he wanted to talk to u he could call earlier as most people go to bed earlier when they have 3 kids who exhaust them and work a full time job to keep a roof and food on the talble. He will just have to learn that lesson. Proud of u for not picking up the phone. WAY TO GO CINDERS!!

I used to tell him not to call after 9 or Id be in bed. He never listened but he knows I go to bed early on another forums thread someone mentioned how crack addicts feel lonely when not using. He always did. My guess is thats the phase he is in. Yesterday his mom said he sai dif he had a license and car he wouldnt be in this mess and she believes it, but its up to him to fix.... Im not falling for that line. I thank God every night he's not on the road, and I remmeber the day he blew the money that would ahve gotten the license back. Im glad I have you giys and glad Im sound in mind with where I am at