SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 10 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/124042-penny-your-thoughts-part-10-a.html)

teke 05-20-2007 12:44 PM

A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 10

here we go again, you are welcome to join us and talk it out or just journal it out. thanks for sharing this thread with us.

havehope 05-20-2007 01:02 PM

OK; I will play!
usually I am at work when things are posted here.
Today I went to the laundrymat to do a weeks worth of clothes since dryer broke. Tuesday they will come and fix the dryer. I will also have the security door and main door replaced on Tuesday.
Seems the alarm company didn't get word to the paramedics in time that the alarm was a false alarm and no one was home. All the neighbors told them there was no one home, but they used a crowbar and busted both the security door and the main wooden door.
So, I kill two birds with one stone sorta speak on Tuesday getting repairs on these two things at the same time.

Laundrymat was pleasant. Had a lady pray over me; and one customer told me which dryer was the most hot to dry towels in. :)
Could have been a worse day I guess
Terri

rozied 05-20-2007 01:03 PM

So you started a new thread on the same topic. Lets see where your thread leads us this time. My thoughts right now are rather dark as I opened that e mail I told u about then blocked the sender.
Love,
Diane

cinderellawkids 05-20-2007 01:07 PM

My moods lifted so Im finally cleaning. YEAH. My fish and turtles are happy

teke 05-20-2007 01:25 PM

is this suppose to be some kind of hint that i need to do some laundry or some more cleaning? hey havehope, glad you joined us, thats sad that you have to replace the doors, is that the way it works even if the neighbors told them that you were not home? glad you are able to fix it right away, i think if i was me, i'd have to save the money to be able to lock my doors.

blues, so you did go ahead and read that e mail? i'm glad you feel good about the way you handled it in the end.

teke 05-20-2007 01:27 PM

cinder, i'm glad you feel better, i think your mood kind of rubbed off on me, so now i kind of have it. i guess it passes on, huh?

cinderellawkids 05-20-2007 01:32 PM

Sorry Teke, it passes. Mine started with going to store an getting new nail polish and hair color and conditioner. Would doing something like that just for you help?

kj0975 05-20-2007 01:36 PM

Well its a gloomy and wet day here I'm not suprised this happens after every nice day we get. Well not much else to add except I'm in alot of pain today and dont really feel like doing much did get some laundry done enough for clean unders and socks tomorrow then I will finish it tomorrow bz bz.

That really sucks about the doors man I would be rather upset your handeling things nicely. Well at least u know if anything happens they will do whatever it takes to get into your house :)

Today is a good napping day its pretty quiet around here so thats a good thing. I would rather have quiet than drama and chaos. Hope everyones day goes good.

cinderellawkids 05-20-2007 01:37 PM

Boy my kids got tired of the slip and slide fast, now they are inside lpaying playstation, first time in over a month

and OMG I put all the baskets of laundry in my room away. Ive been colleting for 6 weeks. DO I have a fever?

kj0975 05-20-2007 01:38 PM

Hope I always kinda liked going to the laundry mat I like that I can get it all done in about an hr vs. sitting home all day doing it. Well I guess if I kept up on it it wouldnt take all day. Well I figure my home washer about 35min/wash then the dryer about another 1-1.5hr depending on whats in it. At the laundry mat I could have 6 loads done in that time. I dont miss lugging it all down there though.

teke 05-20-2007 01:43 PM

i just had all that done cinder, but it may be because i saw my stepson, and i know that he may have seen or heard from ah. he lives with mil most of the time, i guess we are just not that important. i'll be ok. i also think that some of this has to do with the weather or something, i think that it's gonna rain soon around here, my back seems to be hurting a little more than usual. i hate it when i have these kind of days that brings those nagging back aches.

i just feel like going out and getting drunk

kj0975 05-20-2007 01:51 PM

Teke boy I hear ya there with the nerve in my back and my knees when its about to rain PAIN PAIN PAIN. I wish all these fancy Dr's would just fix it already why wait til I'm a total cripple why not just fix me now!!!! Oh well such is life.

cinderellawkids 05-20-2007 02:05 PM

Teke, now you sound like me earlier. I told my mom I wanted to go buy a pint of jack daniels and drink it all until I was asleep and felt nothing. Then I realized I couldnt believe I was saying that. Seems I fall apart everytime MIL or SIL says anything about AH.
Ill be honest I dont l;ike them knowing more than me!!!!

Teke, its not that you and the kids arent important to your AH its that the others are enabling him and thats what hes looking for right now. When I think clearly I know my AH went to his sisters for food, pity and phone. Yours is using them the same and they use each other for validation too

havehope 05-20-2007 02:15 PM

Sorry you guys are in pain. The weather here is pretty nice and sunny. I know that makes a big difference in the way I feel emotionally and physically.

KJ - Yeah, the laundermat was not a bad experience. And you are right that I got 5 loads done in the same time I could do one load. Nice people too.

Cinder - I'm glad the fingernail polish and hair stuff perked you up. Good for you to do something nice for yourself. Maybe I'll polish my toenails. Always makes me feel better.

teke 05-20-2007 02:51 PM

i don't know cinder, he supposedly moved into a hotel, don't know how true that is but he calls them i guess to let them know how he's doing from time to time, and my ss sees him when he works with him. i really don't think he's concerned about me and these kids, i think he's found another life plus addiction. don't have to know for sure, don't think he'd tell the truth if asked. so............. gotta move on somehow.

teke 05-20-2007 03:01 PM

ok, blues, it wasn't you, i was wrong, i'm sorry. i had to go a long way back to figure out myself, what email i was talking about and i found it. sorry. my thoughts are kind of all over the place right now

i hope you feel better too kj

cinderellawkids 05-20-2007 03:36 PM

Wow guys Im exhausted, too many different emotions today.