A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 10

Old 05-21-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

My join date has almost nothing to do with level of maturity, it means I am a SLOW LEARNER!
And...this IS my social life! LOL
Old 05-21-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Live, I used to go down there in my teens so I dont know the name of any place. Ill have to look up the patio restaurant. A prior work mate just moved to Palm Bay so I hope to be heading that direction soon
Old 05-21-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

LOL, this is my social life too. ALl my friends live in my computer. LOL
Old 05-21-2007, 10:24 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
grateful rca

cinder, that does sound funny but all of my real friends live in my computer too. my home phone is only used for this. i still got dial up you know. i mean nobody calls us on the home phone, gotta share my cell because of it.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I am going to race around and see just how fast I can get some chores done so I can hang out all day and all night !

I just can't deal with the guilt of all the time I have been spending on here!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Teke, funny I was talking to my girlfriend in california, well not alking Iming its more convenient.
And she said all her friends are here in Florida, so essentially hers live on computer too. I so wish she had moved down here as planned, but we'd probably still communicate more on computer as our schedules with me as a mom and her as a nursing student are off.

This weekend I stayed at my moms Saturday until late, had a good time talking, but realized yesterday, I feel better, more grounded after a day at home sharing with friends than gone and away. With our busy lives computers are easier, you type a sentence, go empty dishwasher, come back read, go grab the laundry. Its different. I listen to music via the cmputer, I watch little Tv rather get the highlights online, its part of our busy schedules. My family friend who built my home computer out of extra parts is building me another one, soon my son will be sitting across the office online at the same time, its now a family activity
Old 05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
grateful rca

so dsl, will allow more than one comp to be on line at the same time, how does that work. do you need a converter for each comp or is there just one. i haven't tryied it because i know that i'll like it and i don't want to miss it if i get to where i can't afford it.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
grateful rca

my sis lives in california but i can't get her to get sign onto instant message but we do talk sometime via email. i also have unlimited long distance on my cell which is cheaper than using the home phone. i just pay one flat rate for that.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:46 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I have wireless internet and I just have to run a router (similar to a splitter people use for cable tvs) to the other computer when I get it. I m trying to figure out how to make that room into a multipurpose room with 2 desks and computers, my small turtles tank and a book shelf, its a good size room, 14 x 10 I think and an awesome sky light
Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
grateful rca

so cinder, does that mean that you use a laptop and have a seperate wireless service?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Teke shop around I got road runner and they run introduction rates pretty cheap for a year I think 19.99 and my dial up was 10-15 so really it wasnt that much more $. For what I did though dial up was ok but I like this high speed plus it doesnt tie up my phone line. For my long distance I have USA Data net its never more than 99 cents for a call. I can talk for 5hrs long distance and its still 99 cents. Which is better than the phone companies 10-25/min. My sisters and nieces are long distance so I do call alot and my cell is prepaid so its more convienent that way for me.

Got the laundry done put away then I got the meatballs and sausage in the crock pot with sauce cooking for dinner just relaxing all thats left is the bathroom which I had doing cause as soon as I'm done the damn cat goes in there and messes it all up again knocks his food out of the dish dumps the water kicks the kitty litter all over the floor I swear I cant win with that cat!!! The sink bathtub and toilet are always cleaned but the floor needs to be mopped daily cause of the stupid cat!!!! So I guess I should go in there and get it done.

Just got a phone call and one of Scotts friends needs a ride to the airport today ARGH so I gotta drive to buffalo its about an 1hr drive not in the plans. I dont know how to say NO though and I hate that! So now I get to spend my evening trucking on the road. Oh well hes a good guy and helps us out alot on our cars and such so I guess I can do it. Didnt want to but will. Enjoying my ME day today.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:17 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
grateful rca

boy i wished i had a recorder or a mike or something so i could let you guys hear how MUCH this talking grandbaby of mine does. i mean she is none stop. i think they are finally getting tired of me telling them that i want my time to be my time and they say they are in the process of tring to find someone else. i'll just have to see how this works out. my older daughter says that she do understand but yet she is still asking me to do something if its only to pick them up and take them to school. i told them last summer that i didn't want to keep kids this summer and i hope they remember. this is the last wk of school and i'm dreading it.

i think i was ok with keeping kids when i had small kids of my own but now that they are growing up and can help take care of themselves, i want to not be obligated. i told them like you guys told me, about my golden yrs, and they looked at me like i had lost my mind and repeated " YOUR GOLDEN YEARS?" yeah, my goldern yrs.lol
Old 05-21-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

ah geez KJ, I was kind of excited because I found the living room floor under a bunch of clutter!

My new laptop (I had been without a computer since October) is wireless and there is a router in the storage (no room for guest) room so I sit in the easy chair in the living room with my feet propped up, a cold pack on my back or neck and get nothing done.

So with your assistance, meaning I am going to make myself answer to someone, I am going to try the KJ method and try to enjoy my day off chatting and get something done too, I will report any and all progress like a 5 yr old child. LOL

Y'all could make this easy and tell me you were coming to visit!
I would freak and clean like a mad woman.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

teke, as hard as it is your gonna have to be firm when it comes to your kids about there kids.

When I read what you write about your kids and how they treat you with the babysitting it really helps me to appreciate my mom and show her more appreciation.

hugs,
jewel
Old 05-21-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Teke, if your gonna stay home for their kids, I think they should be paying you!!! Then you wouldnt miss any little bit of money you may have gotten from your AH
Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Live lol I am the same way when people are coming over. Why is it that when people come over I bust my arse cleaning only to do it all over again when they leave? hmm. My house usually lookes "lived" in well very much lived in sometimes lol. Oh well thats life. I wish I could just get a maid then again its not like I'm working or anything.

Teke put that "old" foot of yours down lol. Just kidding. Just remind them about not watching them this summer and that your planning on traveling and just dont want the obligation of watching them so u can make plans and do what YOU want to do. Still havent mopped the floor yet oh well.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thats how my place is anvil cluttered I hate it. I think either we are pack rats or just outgrowing our space. I need a decluttering day but that usually causes a big mess that I dont want to clean up afterward. It looks nice but I dont have that kinda energy lately. This day has flown by if I was at work I'm sure it would crawl. Anvil I also really feel for u this week I know what its like that last LLLLOOOOONNNNGG week b4 vacation seems that one week feels like one month doesnt it. And to top it off its only monday!
Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

KJ, how do you make your meatballs? Im craving them now. Can I have just meatballs for dinner? Meatballs and Mac and cheese.hmmm
Old 05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Lets see your asking me for a recipe lol. I dont like the noodles so I have a sauce of meatballs and garlic bread.

Meatballs.
1 egg
breadcrumbs
italian seasoning
lil mustard
parm cheese
chopped onion
garlic or garlic salt
lil bit of salt and pepper

mix well and sometimes if I dont have time to pre cook the meatballs I just throw them in and they cook all day in the crock pot. Nothing fancy but they are yummy.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:24 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Cant wait to fix them. Wish I could go home now