Notices

A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 10

Old 05-24-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

LOL, Cindi.... nope all about ME
Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Ok, this will harm all of us with abondonment issues, so she muct come back, for us
Old 05-24-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

I know I'm worried too. Does she have a myspace set up where we can msg her there too? I just hope all is ok with her. maybe shes bz its nice out now not stuck in the house anymore. Well I will be waiting to hear something from her.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I dont think she has a myspace...
Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

No she didnt want myspace. She said it looked stupid (Thats cause she didnt get cute pics from us.) I wish someone had her email.

I do investigation at work so she's fortunate she doesnt live closer or Id hand out at parent drop off at the high schools in her area, waving at everyone with an older car.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Sorry loves, I had the urge to not be gentle so in respect for you, I ignore him..... and his remarks...
Oh my.........I haven't been reading so I have no clue what's being said. I can only imagine though. This is my take........If you have something to say.....say it. I was only kidding about being gentle. He tends to ruffle feathers although I don't know that he means to......but still, if he ever gets rude........by all means. I don't always agree with what he says, in fact most of the time I have a rebuttle myself. I would never think anything less of anyone for voicing their opinions........I do even if it contradicts what Noah has said.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Yeah, Kj, thanks, the house feels good.
Yesterday's hubby workmate stopped by to check with hubby about schedule, hubby is laying down taking care of his back, but friend dropped me off a handful of plants for my garden I am building. To go with the patio table. Where we will entertain.

Been chatting with sis on the phone. seems like she has the day off. Niece just graduated high school, YAY. Her hubby fixed a menu that has me taking my hat off and bowing. Too complicated and fancy to remember. The theme was African. Courses and a full buffet of dishes. She's right. I should have been there. That was just south of Tampa.
She told me to buy the sheets online...she's right. So it looks like a day at home.
Nephewing is excelling at rock climbing training. I hear he is looking like a brick ...um I mean, really built.
Also found out about the facilities daughter is giving birth in.....it is like a hotel suite with a hot tub. Sis and I agree....that's progress.
Which makes me think......about how I can get in the mood to knit. Would like it better if hubby were up and we watched a movie or concert together.
I have an afghan I made about 25 years ago, my personal favorite, that my mother has stored and she is giving it to new baby Eli. So I have been making one for the 6 year old Noah, who has my heart. I fooled around and made it up. At first since baby gets his room we need to move Noah and they let him pick. He wanted a forest. He has since changed his mind to spaceships but it's too late baby now. So my afghan looks like an airial view of the midwest. He loves to fly, more than anything. I appliqued some trees and put his name on it, looks like plowed farm ground and forests and etc. But I dropped a stitch in the forest and I don't know how to fix it. So I told daughter, it has big hole in it, I think I am going to secure the damage and cover it up with a crop circle. She thought that was damned funny. So that is where I am at with that. I'd kinda like to put the shadow of a cropduster on it. But I'm feeling lazy with it. But what can I say, it's family tradition. I used to do it along time ago...before computers. I could finish the afghan today. (There's a onesiestarted for the new Eli, as well).
hmmmmmm, noon. I walked down the lane to put the trash out.
The good thing about last night's dinner is that it made about 4 dirty dishes.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

I wish I knew how to knit I think I would really like it. It looks so hard though. I have NO patience for things like that mine would have huge holes in it cause I would just want to get it done. If u feel like making me a blanket feel free too. They are my favorite blankets. You sound like your very good with it too. Someday maybe that will be my hobby.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

The Watering Hole is worth it but don't believe anything they say about me. We're a bunch of ornery blokes that go back. Hubby grew up with them and I have been a fixture for about 5 years.
Hubby designed the chiki hut where I will be found. At the table with all the older guys....you have to earn your way up there....but I can introduce you to the gang.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I have less interest in knitting rather than more. I used to be very interested. Like 15 years ago, married, raising children.

Just for the sake of conversation, tell me exactly what lap blanket you would want?

I do get in a hurry to get it done. I go in marathons...short bursts. I consider it work as much as hobby.

My hubby says all Yankees have a thing with lap blankies.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:13 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

RE: Teke (all about me not wanting to do laundry or knit or otherwise be productive)

her back was out and doesn't she have little one(s) (work)...and she was having some memories as I last recall.
If it were me gone, you might assume I had things on my mind and things to do.
I am a person who needs space.
But y'all know her better than I, we just met.
She might be reading and not posting too.?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I'm not too picky I would take anything. I do like my blakets though nothing better than laying on the couch with a nice blanky to cover me!!! I love it. I guess I am a yankee huh so tell him WE do love our lap blankets!!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

poor teke - doesn't she realize shes about to have a caravan of codies tracking her down! lets see, shes in GA right? how many miles is that? hey cindi, i tried to myspace im you - not sure if it worked. i'm inhaling my lunch cuz i have to finish up the never ending pile on my desk. if only my damn phone would stop ringing, i might get something done around here. arghhh, is it friday yet???
Old 05-24-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

oh, come on now, pretend you were online shopping and what you would like........or describe your style, your "dust-catchers" to me....what colors do you wear best?

We both know we're not ready to sign off!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

lol. Well I like the dark blue with light blue with maroon. My couches have those colors in them. Dust catcher they are not I'm in NY now remember winters here are 9mos and brutal so I use them alot. I really do gotta get my car to the mechaincs. I just dont feel like sitting and waiting!!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

I trust Teke.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I take books with me.
I am good at waiting, but I can make it enjoyable and entertaining.
And I like to people watch.
Also, If you look like you are reading a book, they will start to act like you're not there and talk amongst themselves and I get amused.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Don't sit. Take a walk, you probably will have time to wander. Last time I was near a blood clinic so I figured I'd do that..but my iron count was 2 points too low. ? I eat well.
Or window shopping or a timed block speed walk. And look at guys.
or.......

dustcatchers....the stuff on the walls, shelves etc that you decorate and dust.

We just inherited a most stunning complicated afghan from hubby's mother. It is ivory and crocheted with big blocks of lace, circle stars. It blows my mind. That's what started me knitting again. Spending time with her. She was always crocheting, so I spent a few days with her knitting. It was meaningful time between us.

The birth of a baby=handmade blanket. It's just a rule. And it is this mema's job because I am the one who knows how. And it could not be more perfect than to have one for both of them The inherited one is a sailboat on the water with sky, for Eli.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Finally, if my Im says Im online and not idle, then my cat is laying on my keyboard, cause I cant have IM at work, sorry I forgot to log off this morning.

I trust Teke, too, but I worry about her
Old 05-24-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Ok Live and loves, I gotta ask...
since when I hit search and Sebring the first thing I saw was alligator farms...
Do they sell baby alligators around there?

See with no drama Im aching to get an exotic pet, it'll help keep AH away if I get weak.