And the Big Plan is made...

Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
jkb

Ok, I am absolutely terrified.... For years I have needed braces and today I am suppose to get them on. I am scared this is going to trigger me to drink due to a really tough hit to the self esteem....yep all AV right there. I am 36 and as badly as I dont want braces there is no other option (invisilign wont work). So, for any of you that read my thread.. if your religious pray for me and if not just send thoughts of positivity. Here is my life online...lol. Oh Soberlicious and R&A I am freaking out. Way out of my comfort zone... I guess sobriety is doing these things, being scared, and knowing you CAN do it sober. Uuughh.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Just imagine what your self esteem is going to be like the day you get them taken off. That should give you something very postive to look forward to.

Sending positive thoughts your way jkb.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

It has been pointed out in this forum before that deciding that we can improve ourselves and our future by quitting an addiction, and then doing it, marks us as badass. It takes courage, resolve, confidence, all the hallmarks of badassery.

Pretty danged sure that choosing to correct that overbite fits the criteria too. Goodonya, jkb.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
Ok, I am absolutely terrified.... For years I have needed braces and today I am suppose to get them on. I am scared this is going to trigger me to drink due to a really tough hit to the self esteem....yep all AV right there. I am 36 and as badly as I dont want braces there is no other option (invisilign wont work). So, for any of you that read my thread.. if your religious pray for me and if not just send thoughts of positivity. Here is my life online...lol. Oh Soberlicious and R&A I am freaking out. Way out of my comfort zone... I guess sobriety is doing these things, being scared, and knowing you CAN do it sober. Uuughh.
After my initial ohmygodimugly thing, I survived with a higher self esteem. You are going to be happy with the result. Praying for you.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I agree wholeheartedly with Fresh...you have all the makings of a badass - and now you're going to have the choppers to match!!

I understand that at first you will be a little self conscious maybe...but really why? You are doing something good for yourself. Braces do not make a person unattractive in the least.

ps freaking out about anything does NOT equal drinking anyway...but you already know that This has everything to do with some valid anxiety which you will work through, and ZERO to do with drinking. xo
Old 02-26-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
jkb

You know what you were all right. Braces on... and me and all the 10-year olds survived the process...(lol) my beast barely even bothered to rear its head yesterday. It is wierd how getting sober equals so many other levels of self-improvement. I was a little more secure in my BP than I thought. And absolultely Soberlicious... let my beast feed me nonsense thoughts about "freaking out equals drinking".. I can now "freak out" and not drink. What a concept. Sobriety is contingent on ONLY not drinking.... to all of you. You are all amazing.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

100% badass right there.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
So right Fresh...bad to the bone
Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
jkb

You guys are awesome... I have to get out of the "triggers" and "setting myself up for failure" thinking... Nothing can MAKE me drink. It may have taken me a minute but, I am starting to be somewhat comfortable in my ability to make a rational decision.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Wow! I'm so proud of you I'm
Old 02-26-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
jkb

Thanks Recieved :rotfxko
Old 02-27-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

hey jkb,,love yr posts,,you are for sure ,, one bad mofo xx lols
keep it up hunny,,and braces or not,,u is just sooooooooooooooooooo hot xxx
x lv cleo xxxxxxx
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
jkb

So, here I am. Its been about a month since my BP and a month ago I thought.. wow life is going to be so much better without alcohol. In some ways it is: no hangovers, no drama, no blackouts, etc... However, now I see there is more to this than being sober. I am an ungrateful alcoholic... not one of those grateful ones.
My AV is being so relentless the last few days. This morning I woke up and thought "I sure hate where I live, I hate the relationship I am in, I hate my apartment and I hate my job. Today when I get off work I am getting wasted..." This was a pre-fully awake thought so I countered it a few seconds later with my BP. Then very loudly was the thought "what the hell are you thinking... there is no "beast in your head" if you believe that then you are compleatly insane. You want a drink because you like drinking and that is that". All day so far that thought has stuck with me. Basically there is a voice in my head loudly saying there is not a voice in my head... ok so now I sound crazy.
This is something I had not expected. I thought I would be proud of myself when I reached a month. Im not. I just feel like "yep I didnt drink for the last month and I am unsure what that proved other than you didn't drink."
Old 03-04-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
I just feel like "yep I didnt drink for the last month and I am unsure what that proved other than you didn't drink."
In the conversation going on in your head, who, do you suppose, is I, and who is you?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Yeah, that voice in your head, saying there is not a voice in your head, IS the voice in your head (AV/beast).
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Let's back it up a bit - any thought of drinking again, now or in the future, is AV and comes from your drive to get plastered, not from you. It cannot come from you because you have already made that decision called a Big Plan.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
jkb

Nonsensical.... I honestly didn't even realize I did that.... Thanks for pointing it out
Old 03-04-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jkb
"yep I didnt drink for the last month and I am unsure what that proved other than you didn't drink."
You are a non drinker. It is counting time and creating doubt.
It is also pretty brazenly using "I".
Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I have been aware of hearing the voice refer to me as 'you' as in 'you need a drink', and I put it down to merely talking to myself, as we all might. But to see both pronouns, 'you' and 'I' in the same sentence, the meaning and the presence of that AV screams at me now! That was an excellent catch, Nonsense.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

My AV has no problem disguising or interchanging "I" and "you". I caught on to this quite quickly. So, again, as was stated by freshstart:

"any thought of drinking again, now or in the future, is AV and comes from your drive to get plastered, not from you. It cannot come from you because you have already made that decision called a Big Plan".

Think drink is NOT you, ever. Even if it comes in the form of "I".