Notices

Class of July 2018 Part 1

Old 07-08-2018, 04:33 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Got so tired of broken sweaty sleep. It is so worth ignoring the AV, or in some cases shouting it down! Keep it up classmates, we can do this.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
nmd

Another day down, another morning with no regret. Let's see if i need a nap again today
Old 07-08-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hey! Hello everyone. I'm trying again.

I'm lucky this time that one of my closest friends has been in recovery for about four months now so I have someone I trust to hang out with and I know there will be no alcohol around.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Another day down, another morning with no regret. Let's see if i need a nap again today
Nothin' wrong with napping! I LOVE my naps
Old 07-08-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
nmd

Welcome shadesofgray!

Mnjen, the answer is yes, i needed a nap, lol. Just wish i could nap and be productive.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:15 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Funny, I was just wanting a nap and logged on here thinking I would get a second wind while reading, and see everyone else loves naps. too.
Going to bed with a book for a short while. Day five no alcohol! Not sick at all today.
It's the most beautiful day here. Warm but not hot, windy and sunny. My grandson and I spent time in the yard trying to pull the vines off the trees. The trees are getting smothered. My grandson is four. He's a lot of fun to garden with.
Thank God for being sober or I would have been too sick for that!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Having a hard time. Wanting to drink. Going to have dinner and sit out on the porch. I want to wake up to day six tomorrow!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Good evening Julyers!! The end of another day and feeling pretty good! 33 in and heading for one more!! Kinda struggled earlier today with getting wrapped up in opinions vs. reality. Gotta leave that stuff right where it starts, not let it trigger twisted thinking!! Doing better now. A little serenity prayer to carry me through, accepting what I can’t change, changing what I can and having the wisdom to know the difference!! A daily prayer to get out of the way of myself and let my higher power have that space in my head vs. old thinking!! Hope you all are having a great day/evening!! One day at a time!
Old 07-08-2018, 04:45 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I'm going to make it through. Not real happy about it now, but in the morning I will be. Tomorrow I want to go to an aa meeting.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:23 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cando24 View Post
Got so tired of broken sweaty sleep. It is so worth ignoring the AV, or in some cases shouting it down! Keep it up classmates, we can do this.
Ugh! Same... nights were so miserable for me when I was drinking. I did find I was still sweating a bit last night though (am on day 6) and am hoping that goes away...
Old 07-08-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Congrats, Minion and way to go Sober369! I have been lucky so far in that I have not been faced with any devastatingly strong urges, but I am trying to keep busy as this seems to help a lot. Had an argument with a friend and went on a 45 minute walk instead of picking up. That’s progress!
Old 07-08-2018, 05:50 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you guys are making it though - it does get easier

D
Old 07-08-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
nmd

Good work on pushing through guys
Old 07-08-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hi class. I haven't read through the posts yet, but I will. I started with the October class and failed miserably. I then started the new year with the december 2017 class and have hung with them until now. They are great but I need a new start. I will explain my story later, but I want to join and get started again. Hi all.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:48 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hey all, just checking in... nearly two weeks clean now and feeling yay!

Had a few 'stirrings' from my addictive voice it doesn't seem to understand NEVER AGAIN keeps trying to tempt me with 'well what about if....' type scenarios but I just tell that f***** that the answers NO every time so don't bother asking!

Really beginning to feel like this may be it, my time to escape the addiction trap. Enjoying the benefits of just being a normal person who does not do that, and can see how much time my addiction was taking up either planning/anticipating to use, using, or regretting/recovering from use not to mention the physical effects of the comedown feeling tired and generally lousy for a few days afterwards.

My weekend was decidedly un 'rocknroll' - school fair on the saturday, visit to a stately home with my mother and the children on the sunday. But still I enjoyed myself.

I do mourn the loss of 'party me' but know that this path is a better one and in fact the only one if I don't want my life to disintegrate. I had enough 'rocknroll' years.. it's time to find a new kind of party.

How was your weekend away futurehope did you manage ok ?
Old 07-09-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone!
Old 07-09-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome bobdrop
D
Old 07-09-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
nmd

Welcome bobdrop, if you are here then you didn't fail miserably. We're all a work in progress

A bit sore from the weekends yard work and heading into work. Realized i left the chickens out all night but they were all there and i gathered them.up and locked them.back up. :-O

Have a great sober day
Old 07-09-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Last night was tough, but waking up on day six made it so worth it. Really, it wasn't that hard looking back. I just didn't get what the alcoholic in me wanted. But I got great rest, and now I am going back to work after a long break with six days sober! They won't recognize me because I'm not sick.
Tonight may be hard too. First day back will be stressful. My only real goal today is to go to bed sober at the end of it.
Welcome tp July Bobdrop.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Welcome bobdrop! Glad you’re here for a freshen up!! Good things happening all around. Congrats everyone no matter the day... no day but today!! Here we start another day sober, just today!! Be easy on yourselves!

Sober369- healthy u are, 6 days is awesome!! Don’t stress, be courageous! Look at your victory to date. You’ve got today just one minute at a time. The serenity prayer will carry u... accept what you can’t change (people around you at work), be courageous in changing what you can (your reactions and mood at work) and most importantly be wise in knowing the difference in the two!! Rock it!!

Have a blessed day everyone!! 💕