Notices

Class of July 2018 Part 1

Old 07-05-2018, 02:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Today I am grateful to wake up. And I am thankful to wake up sober.

When the alcohol exacts a far higher toll than the price paid for services rendered it's time to say goodbye for good.

Kopfan.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:05 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning all, morning Kopfan.

I woke up feeling good today also. I went out for pizza with a friend last night. The last time I did this, about six weeks ago, I ended up getting a serious craving and going to score and staying up all night and having to cancel meetings the next day.

This time I had the pizza, went to a show and went home at a decent hour as planned! Feels so good to wake up with a fresh head today and be able to do the things I planned.

I felt last night like I'd somehow turned a bit of a corner, the addictive voice was nagging at me but I kind of ignored it and felt like I was getting the upper hand.

Hope everyone is doing well today.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good day all!! Yesterday was a solid sober day!! Good food and friends!! Although I went to sleep had had terrible dreams from the past. Not drunk dreams but past relationship dreams that have me a bit weirded out today. I know they weren’t reality but how real it seemed! Woke up with tears! Gotta brush that off today, it’s not an excuse to let it live in my head today!! Day 30! Wow! Been quite a journey getting back to this number!! Motivated, but still living in just today...24 more! Hope you are all hanging in whatever day you’ve got, it is your day to live free from guilt and shame! ❤️🏋🏻*♂️🙏🏻
Old 07-05-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Welcome Paige!🏋🏻*♂️😃🙏🏻💕
Old 07-05-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
nmd

Climbing abord, day 1
Old 07-05-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome nmd

D
Old 07-05-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Watched fireworks last night SOBER! First time ever and really enjoyed them.
So wonderful to be present in life! Keep it up class of July. We can do this.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

My first time sober on 4th too that i can remember. It was a little difficult was in a huge crowd thats bad for my anxiety and very new to being sober. My daughter is almost 4 and did not nap so she was acting crazy,my wife is sick and was miserable. All of thease things i used to wash away with beer to function. Im not going to lie for i would say a split second when I felt the anxiety coming on i said to my self there is a bar i can grab 2 beers real quick and make myself feel better. I quickly said to myself this anxiety isn't anything compared to how you will feel tomorrow way worse if i drank. So that thought passed pretty fast.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been here. The reason I'm back is that I've lost control again. I've been day drinking. If there's beer left over in the morning, I'll drink it for breakfast. More days than not, I drink, just beer, but enough to make me nauseous most mornings when I wake up.

I need to stop, and being here is the first step for me. I feel that I need to confront the addiction and admit that I have a problem before I really mess up my life permanently.

This is day 1 for me. My thinking is foggy and I feel weak. I'm having trouble finding any kind of joy. I've got to do this. I know this place will help, but I've got a long road ahead of me. Day 1.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I'm also back after being out for some time. I have tried and failed over and over, and have come to the point that it is really hard to try again. Something in me just doesn't believe I have a chance, or I would have stayed sober before. But, without another try I have no hope. So, here I am. My name is Karen and this is my second day without drinking. Smoked a little pot and have to give that up, too. So I won't count today as day one, but will toss my little stash and start fresh today.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Ill recommit again this time 3days sober thanks God I just slip a bit out from the wagon good thing the wagon didnt run me over this time...
Old 07-05-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

It’s so nice to meet you all! I woke up this morning and noticed how amazing it is to not taste alcohol on my breath. To not have to guzzle copious amounts of water because of a hangover. And I didn’t have to feel guilty. I have already showered, cleaned my kitchen, cleaned out my rabbit’s cage and my son is with his math tutor in our dining room.

Sooooo grateful to be sober today!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaigeMasters View Post
It’s so nice to meet you all! I woke up this morning and noticed how amazing it is to not taste alcohol on my breath. To not have to guzzle copious amounts of water because of a hangover. And I didn’t have to feel guilty. I have already showered, cleaned my kitchen, cleaned out my rabbit’s cage and my son is with his math tutor in our dining room.

Sooooo grateful to be sober today!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
I always find it noticeable how things get progressively more orderly the longer I stay sober. But when I'm drinking they can get literally messy in a hurry.

Thank you for the reminder and inspiration!
Old 07-05-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good to see a few more people climbing back aboard the wagon. Welcome YuriO, nmd, Sober369.

I've just been looking back to see where I came off the tracks - 05 February 2017 was my last post after 10 months sober. Then I gave into "one drink won't hurt love"

When I compare my life now to eighteen months ago I can see the difference like night and day. After ten months sober I'd been working on a well paid new contract, lost weight and things were going great. I can see the downward slope I've been on ever since I started drinking again. Nothing dramatic, but clearly I need to get back with the plan.

There is no future in drinking. Only averageness at best. I'm ready to stay the course.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Exactly this:
Originally Posted by YuriO View Post
I always find it noticeable how things get progressively more orderly the longer I stay sober. But when I'm drinking they can get literally messy in a hurry.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kopfan View Post
Good to see a few more people climbing back aboard the wagon. Welcome YuriO, nmd, Sober369.

I've just been looking back to see where I came off the tracks - 05 February 2017 was my last post after 10 months sober. Then I gave into "one drink won't hurt love"

When I compare my life now to eighteen months ago I can see the difference like night and day. After ten months sober I'd been working on a well paid new contract, lost weight and things were going great. I can see the downward slope I've been on ever since I started drinking again. Nothing dramatic, but clearly I need to get back with the plan.

There is no future in drinking. Only averageness at best. I'm ready to stay the course.
Nothing dramatic here either, but also weight gain, and a sore lower back as a result, I think.

There's also the many small decisions in everyday life - what to eat, how to spend my time / money. What to say to others... I just am feeling really guilty. Coming back here does give me a feeling of hope and support. Here's to averageness and staying the course!
Old 07-05-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by kopfan View Post

Hi, Kopfan.

I saw your name the other day and memories about the time when I joined SR just flooded.

I found our October 2012 class thread and your post jumped in. Maybe, some travelling in time get your own wisdom and experience to reinforce your new commitment.

This post of yours is dated November 1, 2012.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There seems to be a lot of people feeling the holiday blues...think of how good it will be to wake up sober tomorrow tho

D
Yep you are right Dee. It is the best feeling!

Day Eighteen and into a new month we go.

To all of those struggling to get past the first few days (like I did for months and months) it does get slightly easier and easier each day.

The AV is still present but it gets easier to fight him off as each day passes. You grow stronger with each episode that you don't give in and your self control starts to assert itself. I like to think I am progressively reversing the progressive disease.

The biggest battle for me was fought over the first ten days. It took me fully two whole minutes before I thought of a beer on waking today. That shows progress from the thoughts of drinking that would strike within seconds of waking up.

When my AV asks me for a drink today I just think to myself "what's the point". What's the point in a few beers anyway even if I could just restrict myself to that.

Peace and sobriety to all.

Best wishes to all.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:45 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Can I join you please? I failed and drank way too much yesterday. I am feeling pretty yucky today. But I am so ready to get back to sobriety. Drinking is so miserable.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome YuriO, Citrus, Sober369, and jjb

Congrats to all those who made it through the 4th unscathed

D
Old 07-05-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I had a mostly lazy day. I did cut the grass. It wore me out so much I slept for hours. Made it through with out a drink, though! I have the next three days off.
Tomorrow I need to start making a recovery plan. Not sure what, I think it needs to be more than I have done before. Different. I should start feeling better tomorrow, too. I hope everyone had a good sober day.