View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:48 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
mirrorball

Hey all, just checking in... nearly two weeks clean now and feeling yay!

Had a few 'stirrings' from my addictive voice it doesn't seem to understand NEVER AGAIN keeps trying to tempt me with 'well what about if....' type scenarios but I just tell that f***** that the answers NO every time so don't bother asking!

Really beginning to feel like this may be it, my time to escape the addiction trap. Enjoying the benefits of just being a normal person who does not do that, and can see how much time my addiction was taking up either planning/anticipating to use, using, or regretting/recovering from use not to mention the physical effects of the comedown feeling tired and generally lousy for a few days afterwards.

My weekend was decidedly un 'rocknroll' - school fair on the saturday, visit to a stately home with my mother and the children on the sunday. But still I enjoyed myself.

I do mourn the loss of 'party me' but know that this path is a better one and in fact the only one if I don't want my life to disintegrate. I had enough 'rocknroll' years.. it's time to find a new kind of party.

How was your weekend away futurehope did you manage ok ?