Notices

Class of July 2018 Part 1

Old 07-12-2018, 03:03 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

nmd-Your last paragraph above is so true. It does always seem to be pre-meditated. Anything well thought out must be OK, right? Wrong!

Maybe someday I'll figure out how to do those quotes in the box to make things easier. Kinda embarrassing for an IT guy
Old 07-12-2018, 03:44 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Back again (unfortunately) but this time have made my mind, unlike before when I was not committed about sobriety, nor took the necessary steps to stay sober. I want and need this is so badly.

This time I have rough plan, but am glad to be among people to seek any help and connection, or idea available to say the course.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:53 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Vassvik

D
Old 07-12-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Day 8 and doing great. Is it just psychological? Is it cosmic? Good things seem to happen to me when I quit drinking.

I'm having money problems, and trouble paying my taxes living alone in a big empty house. Out of the blue, an acquaintance pulls into my driveway and says she has a friend who needs a place to live. Good looking blonde apparently. Well, I didn't ask how she looks, but the rent money certainly would be helpful. An opportunity has fallen into my lap.

Only problem is, that I've let my house fall into a state of semi-disrepair. The main thing is that the water heater stopped working. It got water in the electricals. Actually, the electricity got turned off about a year ago and the basement flooded. Turning the electricity back on wasn't too bad a hardship, but the money to fix the water heater was getting spent on beer and cigarettes and nothing being done about the water heater.

It occurred to me, two nights ago, laying awake sober in bed, well past midnight that if I'm going to have a house mate, I'll certainly need hot water for their convenience, even though I, myself, had been heating water on the stovetop for almost a year. It occurred to me that I should take a better look at the water heater. I had previously figured I would definitely need a professional to take care of it. Suddenly, I felt encouraged about my own ability to fix it.

Anyway, I went to the basement, took a look at the panel, jiggled it a little bit, and VOILA! The damn thing started working again!

It was like a miracle, and I'm appreciating hot water when I want it as the luxury that it truly is. I am convinced that there are many more good things to come if I stay on this path of sobriety. I feel able and have a much more positive outlook, and I can take showers again!
Old 07-12-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I slept well and woke up with a clear head today! Feeling good. Thanks to all! Wishing everyone a beautiful sober day!
Old 07-12-2018, 04:57 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows everyone's sober weekend shaping up?

D
Old 07-12-2018, 05:36 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I work this weekend, but it's pretty light hours. Perfect in a way! I plan to do my daily meditation, check in here a lot and go to at least one AA meeting. How is yours shaping up, Dee?
YuriO, your water heater miracle was a great read! So inspiring! I find good things happen when I am not drinking, too. Enjoy your hot shower that you could have been taking for the past year if you had not been too drunk and hungover to fix it. That's so cool. Except it's warm!
I didn't think much about drinking today. That's my miracle! I'm glad I don't like wine, because I had to buy about six bottles today for a party for the residents where I work tomorrow. I am also grateful that I now have someone to help with that program, and I can say, "You do the wine, I'll do the snacks."
Have a great night everyone!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

I went to a bar and Grill tonight for a six dollar hamburger and baked potato, and did not have any AV calling my name .

I am on call for the hospital all tomorrow evening after working early tomorrow and a 10 hour shift .

Tonight after work besides getting a burger, I was watering my lawn and getting bit by mosquitoes . I used to always have wine or a drink while I did my gardening because I just loved it . I missed it just a teeny-weeny bit outside, but feel way better knowing exactly where I’ve left my tools and not feeling guilty that I’m drinking .

My 17-year-old twins are coming back from their dads tomorrow evening and I’m not sure what their plans are, it is supposed to rain here all weekend .

I plan to look up AVR T or maybe download the book and look at a “big plan“, see what that looks like, and formulate my own .

Will be doing my usual two classes early Saturday morning at the gym, and perhaps a date with my boyfriend in the evening on Saturday .

Will also be doing some research about patient engagement coaches, as I have an interview for such a position next Tuesday. ( no more weekend call! )

I would be interested to read about other peoples ‘big plans ‘

I have been reading all of the “my story“ threads somewhere I found on this site . They are all very interesting and I see some of us are still here and that is so very inspiring to me .

I appreciate everyone’s input here, the people who are struggling and the people who are successful in their fight against addiction .

Here’s to a sober weekend!
Old 07-12-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

I’m trying. I want this. Embarrassing myself worse and worse. Killing myself. July 13 is my date.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

RollMe— so glad you are posting here . You can do this one minute at a time One hour at a time Take a nap, take a shower, call a friend, clean out that junk drawer, anything but pick up and violate your body and your mind.

I am the weakest of the weak, and I have not had a drink since May 28 and I find that unbelievable, wonderful, and sometimes difficult .

But it seems to be getting mostly easier. If the feelings, or cravings, are coming and going at least they are waxing and waning in strength and in frequency .

I look forward to seeing more of you here .
Old 07-12-2018, 07:58 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome RollMeAway

D
Old 07-12-2018, 09:08 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Instead of my usual evening dating a bottle of wine, I settled for some delicious tea instead... and I’m quite enjoying it! Especially enjoying the decision to trade out wine for tea. I might have to start dating tea?! He’s looking pretty attractive!
Old 07-12-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
RollMe— so glad you are posting here . You can do this one minute at a time One hour at a time Take a nap, take a shower, call a friend, clean out that junk drawer, anything but pick up and violate your body and your mind.

I am the weakest of the weak, and I have not had a drink since May 28 and I find that unbelievable, wonderful, and sometimes difficult .

But it seems to be getting mostly easier. If the feelings, or cravings, are coming and going at least they are waxing and waning in strength and in frequency .

I look forward to seeing more of you here .
Thanks 🙏. I just can’t aline with AA’s “don’t compare yourself” if I compared I’d be way better off. I’ve lost so much more but continue to kill it 😜🤙 I have to stop. I think July 4th was a pop. I’m already 2 duis. My weekend started with NA beer, moved to coke, moved to mdma, lsd, Xanax, adderall and my weakest point = alcohol. So it just really sucks to start over.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:37 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome RollMeAway

D
Thanks 🙏!! Words help so much. Can’t even explain.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:10 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Welcome RollMeAway! We are glad you are here!

Yuri- same here! Good things happen when I stay sober.

Today was a REALLY good day. My 16 year old daughter is talking to me again. She found my stash (I thought I was such a great hider) and I didn’t think she would ever talk to me again. I was supposed to be “sober”. It’s so nice to have all three kids home tonight. My heart has been so heavy...

Today was my 10th day sober and it’s amazing how much better things seem to get everyday. I am so grateful... It’s amazing how productive one is when not drinking and drugging! Everything starts to fall into place. I have learned how quickly it becomes messy the minute I pick up.

Does anyone else just feel COMPLETELY different? I mean, everything feels and looks different. I don’t even feel exactly like myself (which is a GOOD thing considering how I was feeling when I was using). Literally everything looks, feels, smells, tastes different. It’s a really strange and wonderful experience. Just had to throw that out there.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

There is no better time than now to stop.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Hey guys, hope your sobriety is going good.

I didnt sleep well last night, constantly wake up up from the smallest of noises and I dont get my body - Im either hot with flushes or cold with sweat. Just have to be patient and let the withdrawal do its thing.

Woke up feeling tired but great that I am sober and clean, I will head soon to visit my grandma and its been a while, my dads face lit up, my god, I have missed so many moments with family by isolating.

@PaigeMasters -- So happy that your relationship with your daughter is improving. And yes, I feel different. Was for a walk yesterday and summer air and colors are felt vibrant and cool, its like discovering things a new.

@RollMeAway -- Your situation is similar to mine, polydrug user, but if we stick with this we will never have to go through withdrawals or any of that hell anymore. New life =)

@Dee and other who welcomed me, thank you so much, it means a lot. I am sorry if I forgot to reply to anyone else, but know that you are an inspiration and I appreciate you taking time of your day to say kind words <3
Old 07-13-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 5 here. Looking forward to replacing a section of fence this weekend, even though it's going to be dreadfully hot. Hope everyone has plans this weekend that involves exercise.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Everything does seem different! I used to have obsessional thoughts after drinking. They are gone. I wake up felling peaceful instead of anxious. So worth a bit of shouting down that SOB AV.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

Day 5 here. I have been trying to read and keep up with everyone's posts, but not much time to post myself all week. My work is very busy this week (which is good) and I have been to 1 meeting and 2x yoga, also connected with friends on the phone.

PaigeMasters, I also have 3 kids. How old are your kids? Mine are all teens. I'm a little nervous because I think they might all be at my house this weekend. All week it has just been me and my middle son and it has been very calm and serene, things under control. When I have all 3 here I tend to get stressed and ovewhelmed. They all eat different things, make so many messes and I'm constantly running to the grocery store trying to feed them. Anyway, I'll be sure to post over the weekend.

I can tell you that I'm NOT going to drink again. I'm getting together in a couple of weeks with my good friends from college and I've already told them just mocktails for me. I really have to remember how sick I got last time. I can never allow that to happen again. Later, all!