Notices

Class of July 2018 Part 1

Old 07-05-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hello all, would like to check in here for inspiration.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome when doves cry
this is a pretty good intro to recovery plans Sober369

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 07-05-2018, 10:59 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I can't sleep again. This will give me some good reading.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:19 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Sorry I'm late for class. I was 'distracted' for the last few years.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:10 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone!
Old 07-06-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
nmd

Morning kopfan! Im in a similat boat as you I'm afraid, i had a good stretch of sobriety and decided to have a drink and see if i could control it. I can't, i never really could. Stumbling a bit regaining some sober time too.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi all, day three without a drink has begun. I am so glad I am off work this week. I still don't feel great, but it's so great to wake up knowing I didn't drink last night. All I have to do today is not take a drink and write up a stay sober plan. Every time I've gotten sober it always amazes me the first few days. If I can do this, why didn't I do it sooner? Something to think about.
Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 07-06-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Well, this insomnia is crushing me. This morning I woke up at 2:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. What I wouldn't do for a good night's sleep! I guess my brain chemistry is all messed up, and it will take time to recover. Still, I feel insane with my body all tired but my brain wide awake.

I'm at day 12 today, and it feels like it's taken a year, but I'm glad that I'm sober (even with the insomnia). I feel like I have a new purpose, which is to stay sober. That's something I didn't have when I drank: purpose. When I was drinking, my life became so incredibly small. It really was just me and the bottle, and that type of isolation is murder on the soul. I didn't take care of myself and I rarely went outside of the house. I remember, right before quitting, wanting to die. Last year the doctor told me my liver was messed up, but I continued drinking heavily (and daily) for another year, until now. I figured I was too far gone, and I convinced myself that I'd rather die drinking than try and get sober. I was filled with a constant hopeless dread, but that feeling is starting to lift.

Thanks for letting me share, and congratulations to everyone on another day sober!
Old 07-06-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good morning! Here's wishing everyone a sober start (and finish) to the weekend. We'll make it happen!
Old 07-06-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Good sober morning everyone!! So great to be awake and clear headed! No shame or regret just one more day! 31 days and starting to feel more human. Had a few days of intense anxiety but it seems to be lifting... the clouds are fading!! Finding a new purpose, to stay sober and spread the word to others suffering. Cool place to be! No matter what day we have each of us can consciously choose one more! The weekend is here... join the weekender thread, it’s great support to carry us through! Have a super sober day, take time to listen to the trees, the birds, wonderful music to settle the running mind! Hang in!! 💕
Old 07-06-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Starting day 7 this morning...I will not drink today over anything!
Old 07-06-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Good morning. I am ready to start day 2. I've already accomplished a few things around the house this morning. Waking up with no hangover sure is the way to go.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Congratulations to everyone on their next day not messed up.

This morning was a struggle. I found a negative spin on most everything. That mood lasted for a couple hours. The simplest tasks were fouling up and infuriating me. I got through that hard part reminding myself that I choose happiness, true happiness, and I could observe myself from outside myself - get out of my own head, in a sense, and I could find the little obstacles amusing. Looking back, all in all it was a pretty productive morning, work wise, even if it seemed like a horror show at the time. I made it through. Wishing the same from everyone else today, and happiness.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi there. I’d like to join the July class as well. I’m on day 23 but just started posting. Looking forward to a continued dry July!!
Old 07-06-2018, 10:50 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi there. I’d like to join the July class as well. I’m on day 23 but just started posting. Looking forward to a continued dry July!!
Old 07-06-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

You can say that again!
An old friend from when I was sober before called today. That was so nice. She didn't even know I had moved. Just wondered how I was. Wow. Nice people are a great thing.
Got a flat tire, had to get it changed but got a great price.
Want to take a nap but I'm sure that's part of my insomnia. Going to try to stay up. All I have to do today is stay sober and make a plan. Will get to the plan part soon.
I hope everyone is having a great sober day!
Old 07-06-2018, 01:35 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hello again! I'm really restless. But tired and not feeling great. Decided to clean my room to keep from napping. Found a giant bottle of beer, warm thank heavens, and dumped it. Didn't even think about it, just down the drain! Hooray! But, I'm less than five minutes from the quick shop so, I guess it wasn't that big of a deal.
I know I am way over-posting. But I'm so tense. My mind is racing.
I also found enough cash stashed around to pay for the tire I had to replace earlier. And my room looks almost normal.
Good things ahead for all of us if we stick tight to it. I'm reading all your posts and wishing you well.
I think I'll take a shower and fix my hair. It will make me feel more relaxed. I can see now that finding relaxation techniques is going to need to be part of my plan.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hey Sober 369. You're not over posting. I think we all know what you're going through, and it helps to write about it. Good things ahead, as you said!
Old 07-06-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hello everyone..

I am getting very resentful about my spouse... I am on day 53 and feeling pretty good for the most part. Blood glucose is down to normal range and I should be happy. But I am not cause in my head I am..." How dare he is allowed to have all his devices but I can not. I have nothing." I sit there watching him enjoy a beer here and there while I have my sparkling water. Whoopie!!!

On the 4th we went over to friends house and the gentleman ask if I will be having a drink with him and I told him I stopped drinking. He wasn't too shocked cause I have not drank before with them but I am just in a mood of I am sooo sick of making changes & if I was left alone to just drink like a normal person with no one counting how many I had or if pushing them to the back counter when I cooked (according to him I was hiding it) and if I didn't have a family history of alcoholics on both my mom & dad's side, would I be considered a normal person?

I don't have cravings and sometimes I would like to enjoy a cold beer on a hot day but to keep peace in my household I decided to quit alcohol. One might say if it was creating a problem in the home then you may be an alcoholic. What if my problem is just someone trying to control everything around him???

Is this the AV talking???? This is my frustration and resentments.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hi Liv,
I too have a husband who can enjoy A drink, while I was simply unable to stop until I was drunk. Sometimes, it just seems so unfair not to have an “off switch “.
53 days is awesome!
Beware of the AV, it is extremely sneaky, Got me after 4 months, by getting me angry at hubby.