Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 17th until...

Old 07-18-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hey guys just a note to say i really appreciate the convo. Its great support. Im on day 5 with the whole family gone. Im not going to lie. I woke up worried how today would turn out. So far so great. This is a great thread
Old 07-18-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hang in there Charlie! Glad to have you aboard! These threads helped me a lot in those early days, and I still love them!

One more reason to look forward to weekends

Done with Saturday. Its been a long one but I have the day off tomorrow. Can't wait to relax!
Old 07-18-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hey Site. Enjoy your day off tomorrow. Im sure you deserve it. This has literally been one of the best Saturdays in a while. Its almost 6 pm here and i'm in my right mind. Thats a good thing
Old 07-18-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry you had to endure a row SoberP

Glad you're doing well Charlie

Behind the curve as ever - i've just tried coconut water for the first time (there was a discussion about it on 5 he weekend thread about a month ago). Verdict - delicious but at £3 a litre I won't be getting used to it

Went to a Indian restaurant with some of the people I went to Le Mans with a month ago. Most of them plus a few others are off to Spain in a couple of days. They asked me too and I agonised over it but I just can't risk it. Le Mans was one thing, we had lots of things to do and see but a relaxing fortnight - i'm not strong enough for that.

It's annoying, I pretty much let my social life wither and die through lack of attention. Since getting sober I have made efforts to recussitate it but so much of our social life involves occasions where drinking is involved that sometimes you just have to let things pass you by.

Icidentally, we went to Majids tonight where as you can see all customers are warmly welcomed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150718_182152.jpg (36.2 KB, 60 views)
Old 07-18-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You know, when I say restaurant you probably all thought something fancy
Old 07-18-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Tonight I turned off the TV and phone. I played with my pet and I forgot the simple pleasure of a really good book.

Life is sweeter with books and bunnies

But I can't put it down and I'm a bit scared now.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hmmm . . . sleeping in the toilet was a real deal breaker for me!!
Old 07-18-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Just had to tell you that I tried Maple Bacon potato chips tonight and thought of you all!

Nice work Charlie! Yummm. Mussels.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

What a fun thread! I'm a huge seafood lover. When I was still in the army I spent quite a bit of time in the Seattle area. I ate Dungeness crab as often as possible. And when it was time to come home I'd go get some and have it packaged up to bring home with me. My daughter and I would spread newspaper on the living room floor and have at it. Nothing like it. If I had to choose between other meats or fish for the rest of my life, I'd choose fish. My favorite treat meal is sushi. Wish I had some now! I'll have make do with frozen chicken pot pie tonight.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Just finished them up Verte and washed them down with ginger ale over ice with lime wedges!

Saoutchik, i would eat there in a minute!
Old 07-18-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

MLD

Every year my friends and i get together and do a crawfish boil. It has grown over the last 9 years. Now we run two pots. Crawfish, shrimp, mussels, clams etc. And of course potatoes, corn and sausage. I may miss it this year just due to the fact i may not be ready for that type of situation. But the eats are delectable!
Old 07-18-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Seafood? We caught 10 more crab this morning. Cleaned and cooked and chilled. I will be bringing some home with me tomorrow.
Took a hike out to the reef, saw some seals sunning on the rocks. Took loads of pictures. I think a small nap is next on the agenda.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I just saw an old movie, The Lost Weekend. ..wow, if you feel like drinking, watch that movie. Sure cured me of any Saturday night cravings. No way!
Next I'm going to watch Days of Wine and Roses. I've seen that one before. Another good alcoholism movie. Funny thing is I was at the library today and found those 2 movies. I've never seen them there before. The Universe must feel I needed them. Who knows.
I'm enjoying my Saturday night, watching movies and being very lazy. Feels good.
your food all sounds great...pesto chicken, chicken pot pie (my favorite ), mussels (not so much ).
MLD your crab feast with your daughter must have beenfun. I love seafood too.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sounds like a relaxing Saturday night haf!

Ruby....you can't live in Dallas without central air! It's a perfect 73 in here right now!

Sao...love the sign! So, I'm guessing you were a well-behaved patron? I'm just glad all castes are welcome!!

Neighbors having an impromptu cookout. I made an appearance and had a diet coke but I'm not feeling overly social tonight. I kinda need some alone time which I now know is ok. Oh....made peach ice cream. Delicious!!
Old 07-18-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

We have some thunderstorms rolling through the area. I have a 95 pound German Shepherd stuck against my leg like she's Velcro. She looks ferocious, but she's a big baby when there's thunder.
Old 07-18-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Bought my bus charm today. I love this bus.

I read before that to build resilience you must build connections from you to others. It's feeling isolated that can make us feel less able to tackle the daily challenge of life.

Take some time to think about how much time you spend building strong good connections. You gotta give to get and it will make you braver.

Tetra: you are killing me with that breakfast. Irish sausages are the best. The best in the world and the brown bread.... You probably had real butter too right? (Drooling )
Old 07-18-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh trees thanks for the reminder! I want to see if James Avery makes a bus charm!

Nons...glad you have a ferocious watchdog! what did you end up having for lunch today?
Old 07-18-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Finished dinner and saw a yellow bellied sap sucker. Yes im a bird geek. Nice finish to the day. They are endangered in my area of the states. pretty cool
Old 07-18-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
I just saw an old movie, The Lost Weekend. ..wow, if you feel like drinking, watch that movie. Sure cured me of any Saturday night cravings. No way!
Next I'm going to watch Days of Wine and Roses. I've seen that one before. Another good alcoholism movie. Funny thing is I was at the library today and found those 2 movies. I've never seen them there before. The Universe must feel I needed them. Who knows.
I'm enjoying my Saturday night, watching movies and being very lazy. Feels good.
your food all sounds great...pesto chicken, chicken pot pie (my favorite ), mussels (not so much ).
MLD your crab feast with your daughter must have beenfun. I love seafood too.
Hey put this one on your list : "Le dernier pour la route" it's French but you should be able to find subtitles. It's based on a true story about a French journalist Hervé Chabalier who was a prone to a drink or two...

One for the Road (2009) - IMDb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMP17nDcJFc
Old 07-18-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

We saw the first hummingbird on the front porch this evening I really thought the cats were scaring them off, but apparently there's a brave one out there after all.