Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 17th until...

Old 07-18-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ruby....is AA something new for your husband? Sounds hopeful!
Old 07-18-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am sooo happy for you SoberClover!

OK back with lobsters in tow. Now a little smash time. White cheddar and white american. Mascarpone. This is going to be tasty!

K
Old 07-18-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi GS! Do you ever go up to lake texoma? We might go next weekend.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Good day y'all!!!!!!!!!!

Ooof half the day spent in bed again....sweating buckets. Body-clock is all over the shop. Falling asleep before midnight last night, then I get a second wind......bed at 4am......at least it's sober.....but I'm sooo looking forward to getting back into a normal routine...Monday early rising no exception, even if I don't sleep the night before.

Boiler was broken on rising...nice cold shower to wake me up. Then I managed to fix it....no idea how...

did I just see a pet spider???
Old 07-18-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

No ill will to your pet, but man I hate spiders!

Actually hate isn't the word, they just terrify me.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by KeryJames View Post
Good day y'all!!!!!!!!!!

Ooof half the day spent in bed again....sweating buckets. Body-clock is all over the shop. Falling asleep before midnight last night, then I get a second wind......bed at 4am......at least it's sober.....but I'm sooo looking forward to getting back into a normal routine...Monday early rising no exception, even if I don't sleep the night before.

Boiler was broken on rising...nice cold shower to wake me up. Then I managed to fix it....no idea how...

Keep it going!!! Let your clock be on its own time for a while. Just let normal requirements go and nurture yourself!
Old 07-18-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Originally Posted by KeryJames View Post
Good day y'all!!!!!!!!!!

It only gets better. The physical crap will wear off in a week, maybe two at the tops. What you do with your time and thoughts after that is what allows your brain to heal.

I'm only 39 days in, but I can already tell a marked difference in my ability to focus.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Going to watch my 8 yo nephew in his first full contact martial arts tournament. Who knows what will happen. Will he attack like a true martial arts master or run away. This is going to be great.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Finally got our lobster 'fix' while here in nyc Weasel. That's the ONE thing that might be cheaper here than at home! Waiting on the ride to the airport....alas the enchantment ends ( may as well, the money has ended too ).
Old 07-18-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I am sooo happy for you SoberClover!

OK back with lobsters in tow. Now a little smash time. White cheddar and white american. Mascarpone. This is going to be tasty!

K
Enjoy those lobstas! I love lobsters. Yum!

Unfortunately I'm allergic, so ... have an extra bite for me.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I cannot do shell fish of any kind. Anything you need to crack open and scoop out... YUK. Not a big fan of chicken bones either. Maybe I should be a veggie?
Old 07-18-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Waiting on the pedicurators to call and tell me where to meet them for lunch. Looking forward to it. Hungry!

I had lobstermac once. I recall it being delicious. Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Happy Birthday Dr Voodo (please don't bite)

KeryJames when I first quit I sweated like a politician in a church (and that was in January!) fortunately it doesn't last long, about 10 days in my case

Hope your dad is OK Brynn

And all the new and nearly new Bustafarians I hope you are hanging in there. Post any time
Old 07-18-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I hope every one is having a good day.

It's pouring rain here. It's like a grey, wet, miserable November day.

At least I had a fancy Saturday breakfast to look forward to

Went to my driving lesson. Things are going well but he keeps telling me to "speed up". I think I'm going fast until I see another driver on my tail.

I'm going to watch a movie and have some cheesecake. Have a good weekend everybody.
Attached Images
Old 07-18-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

G'morning gang,

Er, afternoon. Yeah. It's that kind of a Saturday. Husband yelling about switching to another security company. Why am I not friggin surprised?? Just irks the hell out of me. He can't nail something down and stick with it.

Our house is a wreck right now. We're getting rid of junk, cleaning out cupboards and all that. The kind of stuff I've put off for a few years. The time to do it is right now, apparently I went through the kitchen cabinets and got rid of all the mismatched tupperware type containers. Lots of stuff cleared out of there to make room for the new dishes.

We yelled at one another most of last night about the home security system. He wants to pay less per month, and less up front for equipment costs. Well, duh. Who doesn't? I'm prepared to dig my heels in and wait this out. He might come around, or not. It's crazy ... I get yelled out for not having a system in place, and yet when I do ... it's all "wrong" and we need to send it all back and try another one. This is so typical of him. I am the one forced into making the hard decisions, and it doesn't bother me one bit to call the shots - it's dealing with the aftermath from his loud mouth that pisses me off.

So ... I am hoping the rest of this day is a chilled out one. I really need it.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

That looks filling, Tetra.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi Soberpotamus. I hate stress anytime, but especially on weekends. We never turn our security system on. The kids set it off too much when they were young and I got out of the habit. Not good I guess.

I think you and I are from the same general region. We are waiting at jfk for flight back home and the weather forecast is blazing hot. Typical though. Gonna be a shock after the cooler weather here.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Costco has a bunch of lobster tails on sale for 21.99/lb. Pass.

It's 90 degrees with a heat index of 102 here. supposed to be hotter tomorrow. I should have stayed in Maine.
My big plans to work outside today have become small plans. I need another vacation already. I actually turned on the AC last night to prepare for this. Much nicer inside. Trying to be quiet as a mouse so as to not wake up the breadwinner of the family.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Soberhippo, that doesn't sound like a fun night at all. Not much you can do about it, I guess, but I'm sorry you had to waste a nice weekend night on fighting!

I've never tried lobster. Like ArtFriend said, the thought kind of grosses me out. I've tried shrimp before and it's okay.it was covered in buttery garlic, and I like just about anything covered in buttery garlic. I don't eat fish either. Yuck.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone has had a nice sober saturday