Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 17th until...

Old 07-19-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice one Weasel - good to see a bit swashbuckling on the bus

Congratulations KeryJames, Time for change and to everyone who shared the journey, and if you didn't make it there will be another along before you know it

Mecanix - sorry you still have manflu and really hope you are back on mid season form in no time. The one consulation for me was when I had it (Eastertime-ish) I didn't have any cravings so it was a respite in one sense

I try and avoid this but I am slumped on the sofa watching Joanna Lumley conquer Siberian on the TV (that's watching TV at the weekend that I don't like, not Joanna Lumley, I like her a lot)

Last edited by saoutchik; 07-19-2015 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spell ****ing check!
Old 07-19-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Edited....reason... Spell ****ing check.

back at ya Sao!
Old 07-19-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I was wondering who Ned Flanges was?!? Ha!

Beautiful photos weasel. The wood on those ships is gorgeous!

Hippo....we have a security system. I think it helps my peace of mind more than anything else. We live in a very quiet, sort of upscale neighborhood (we got in on a fluke) and someone might assume we have lots of valuables (we don't) but when I'm here alone it just makes me feel safer. We have the fake dog bark too....probably the best deterrent. Well worth the $50 or so a month.

Y'all....I just finished part one of Harper Lees new book! She doesn't disappoint. She can surely turn a phrase and of course is ridiculously witty! It's one of those books you don't want to end so you read it slowly and deliberately.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

It's really hot. Spent most of the afternoon in or near the pool. I think my nephew has been in the water for 5 straight hours. He's half fish!

This morning we went to "circus camp" which is really just the Cirque du Soleil troupe marketing their show. They set up a trapeze and a bunch of safety nets and harnesses at the beach and gave free trapeze lessons. We waited in line for about an hour so my niece could do that, but it was worth it. She had a blast.

Looks like there was lots of great weekending going on here in Soberland. Well done everyone!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hey everybody! Back from a brief trip to the pool. Someone barfed in the water and they made us get out and then my mother in law came to get little Miss Ruby for a two day excursion. She's only 20 minutes from here but museum and beach near her house.

Mecanix, I hope you shake that bug soon. What a drag.

Sao, Ned Flanges sounds like the plumber's assistant. Thanks.

My mom said I never watched Mr. Rogers. She thinks it's because he was a weenie. As an adult I appreciate his old shows. I am old enough that I saw episode #1 of Sesame Street. On a black & white television.

Went to church. Went to meeting. Marinating some chicken to put on the grill. Will drag son to grocery store. He's angry that his sister is going to mother in law's and he isn't so he was a mean jerk to his sister.

Ah, well. I'll check back later. Timeforchange and Kery, congrats. Charlie, hang in there. Glad your mother joining you for lunch.

Grocery shopping calls. Wish my zucchinis were producing. I have a few blossoms but no fruit yet.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Hey everybody! Back from a brief trip to the pool. Someone barfed in the water and they made us get out and then my mother in law came to get little Miss Ruby for a two day excursion. She's only 20 minutes from here but museum and beach near her house.

Mecanix, I hope you shake that bug soon. What a drag.

Sao, Ned Flanges sounds like the plumber's assistant. Thanks.

My mom said I never watched Mr. Rogers. She thinks it's because he was a weenie. As an adult I appreciate his old shows. I am old enough that I saw episode #1 of Sesame Street. On a black & white television.

Went to church. Went to meeting. Marinating some chicken to put on the grill. Will drag son to grocery store. He's angry that his sister is going to mother in law's and he isn't so he was a mean jerk to his sister.

Ah, well. I'll check back later. Timeforchange and Kery, congrats. Charlie, hang in there. Glad your mother joining you for lunch.

Grocery shopping calls. Wish my zucchinis were producing. I have a few blossoms but no fruit yet.
Ah I love you Miss Ruby! Your polite dissociative voice of the day is remarkable. Children puking in pools is beyond me!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

grilling zuchinni again today...

Old 07-19-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I want to try the trapeze! How fun!

Barf in the pool = yucky! At least it wasn't one of your kids.

It is freaking hot! I was just thinking how absolutely horrible detox is in this weather!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Ah I love you Miss Ruby! Your polite dissociative voice of the day is remarkable. Children puking in pools is beyond me!
Here here!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

contamination in the pool OH MY!
As they say in the nuclear business, "Dilution is the solution."

You can dump a shitload of radioactive material in the river as long as it's diluted enough to stay under the limits.

If nobody knew a kid puked in the pool, nobody would know.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
contamination in the pool OH MY!
As they say in the nuclear business, "Dilution is the solution."

You can dump a shitload of radioactive material in the river as long as it's diluted enough to stay under the limits.

If nobody knew a kid puked in the pool, nobody would know.
Here here!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I just threw some buffalo chicken strips on lettuce and sugar snap peas and called it dinner.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I just threw some buffalo chicken strips on lettuce and sugar snap peas and called it dinner.
Geeze, after reading all this puking in the pool business I saw an UP after THREW in your post. Sat here in disbelief till I reread. Scared me there Della.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Lol! Nope it's all good!
Old 07-19-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Where is Bimini???
Old 07-19-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

caught up, ok
Old 07-19-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Brynn, if anything, it's a rare opportunity to perhaps dissect The Great American Novel as it was in its seminal stages, yeah? To see the inner workings of the genius that is Harper Lee I'm antsy to get started on it.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Very hot, humid, and thunderstorm day in Vermont. At my partner's house in the only room with air-conditioning hoping Pup won't hear the thunder and want to retreat to the basement. I feel like he has been glued to me all day! The weather made me lazy and I've been sleeping a lot. I'm watching bad tv and reading a bit more from "Dreamland:The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic" hoping to fall asleep soon. Tomorrow should be sunny and warm; I'm thinking I will go north to the lake. Great weekend thread with great people; thank you for helping me stay sober another day
Old 07-19-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I'm not crazy about public swimming pools, being a bit of a germaphobe...I know that the chlorine kills most everything, but kids puking and runny noses in pools grosses me out.
what I love is a clear lake...or the ocean.
I made pizza on the grill again today. It's very delicious and fun.
rain cooled us off tonight.
Time to get back to my book.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Well, great Minds think alike, and so do LBrain and I. I instantly thought of the 'Baby Ruth'-in-the-Pool scene, but was at the Dog Park unable to Post Vids reliably. Da Wife was a Lifeguard around Detroit, and - man - does she have the stories. Dudes tossing in their Pals known to not swim; just to watch them sink. So, she'd have to jump in and save them. Sistas pulling Razor Blades out of their 'Dos, and threatening her about whatever. Back in the very polarized days of the late-'60s. Pool Coworkers shutting off her Tube-delivered Air Supply while she was underwater, scrubbing Pool Walls. Some real Knee-slappin' pranks, I tell ya!

Unpacking some today. Imagine that, eh? Took a Nap, since we're still pooped Pups 'round here. Gonna go RV Trailer shopping tomorrow, since the closest Dealer <1 hour away has 2 new 2015 Models of the one we want. Different Decor in each, so we should be able to pick and choose.

Some quick Recon on line suggests an astounding 50% Markup on these Trailers! Hard to believe, so I'll search some more. I usually ask to see the Invoice, and cut the Guano. Add on some 'fair' Margin, and call it a deal. We'll see. This is Gomer Country over here, and things are done quite differently. The local Ford Dealer here doesn't deal. Period. Silly. So, we bought in the Big City last week.

SoberP, the ole [real] barking Dog is supposedly hated by Burglars doing time, so that Virtual Dog Bark could be your best trick on Security. Everyone carries 'round here out West, so only deranged Meth Heads or desperate types dare muck with Locals. It's a Death Sentence. That said, there supposedly is plenty of petty Property Crime to fund Drug use. Some RVers like Wasp Spray. To the Eyes from >20' away, I guess it really puts the disabling hurt on a Perp.

We've got line-of-sight to the multi-purpose Tower ~2 miles away, and that means blazing Signal speed. So, I'm getting Wireless 'Net with no usage cap installed imminently, and will slam in some Webcams and Temp Gauges to monitor this Joint while we travel. I want to visually ID Perps if we ever get hit. The Antenna will be hidden behind an Attic Vent that I planned for. I'm into stealth vs. Alarm Company Signs in the Yard.

I plan to get a ~$100- 'Roku' Box and stream Video while ditching 'Dish Network'. This scheme will be a monthly financial savings, or a wash.