Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 17th until...

Old 07-18-2015, 01:12 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

cool bananas BigS, owning property is inviting a whole load of "Stuff" and hassle into your life .
I decided recently that i'd rather rent and have some brilliant art to look at .
Maybe i will buy something in the future but i think i'll go for something that suits rather than an investment, the housing market in the NW being a bit different than the SE of the UK where it's still a "dead cert" to make money in a few months .

KerryJames ,
good going with learning lots, if you want to read more about rational recovery then having a look in the secular connections might be useful Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Y'all ,
Saturday morning coffee is happening i see a future involving toast and maybe a certain porkine product a certain American gentleman hasn't been posting many pictures of recently tsssk !

Later , m
Old 07-18-2015, 01:22 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

@NeferkaMichael, Dharma33, learningagain, Angie247, Meraviglioso, MarathonMan,Trees39, Peacehappyness, StellaPolaris, PeacefulRain, 2WheelsGood, LilyMarie, Surrender2Win, ccam1973, happyandfree, Charlie117926, Timeforchange18, CaseyW, KeryJames, mns1, gettingsmarter:

It's great to have you all on the Sober Bus with us! And good to see the regulars as well!

(hoping I didn't miss any of the new/newish people)

This just in: All the riders on this weekend's bus will receive a complimentary set of vintage Melmac dinnerware (we'll have to share, though).

Old 07-18-2015, 02:00 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Live the pic, saoutchik! That looks so peaceful.

Solarion, I love the dinnerware!

Is anyone bringing something delicious we can use it for?
Old 07-18-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Up and At'em!!! Showered and ready for my 12 mile walk this morning! LOL

See you all later!
Old 07-18-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Nons, sorry to hear about your slip. That was a disturbing thing to read this morning but I'm glad you posted about it. I think that will help keep me in line, so thanks for the reinforcement and the unfortunate reminder about vigilance.

I have been feeling a little squirrelly lately. Approaching 90 days, which for me will be the longest sober span in the past 20+ years. I don't feel cravings per se, just casual suggestions from the AV now and then. It's those casual suggestions I have to watch out for.

I never "think I'll just have one or two". I start off by wanting "enough for the evening". If I drink for one evening, the next time would follow in two or three days and I would quickly resume the old pattern I have left behind. This is not just repeating a borrowed thought from recovery folklore, but from knowing myself.

Been there, done that. Better to just not prime the pump or start the siphon -- or even think about it much.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a little nap while it's still dark out. Could be a rainy weekend but I have books and stuff to play with at home.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hi all,

My trees are just up the road from my house. I took the photo because there was a Pukeko bird sitting in the tree and I'd never seen one do that before. You can't really see the bird in the picture, but I know he's there.

Trees give shelter and fresh air and have seen it all before..Can't beat a good tree.

Someone mentioned dealing with resentment..
I'm plagued by it at times. I bought the audio book 'the tools' and it's really helping me. Setting me free in fact.

To those that relapsed, thanks for sharing. We are here to support and learn from each other. We just gotta slow down and think and make good choices.
My fav drunk memory is the inability to stand up straight the next day because I feel so full of horror, guilt and nauseous.. How about putting that on the label of a pricey bottle of champagne?
I'm also a very nasty angry drunk... Why? No idea.

Bedtime now, on a very rainy Saturday night. I have a tin roof, beautiful rain sounds to fall asleep to. See you all in the morning
(Also known as Bacon sandwich time )
Old 07-18-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post

Trees give shelter and fresh air and have seen it all before..Can't beat a good tree.
I definitely agree with that sentiment Trees, in Melbourne they have taken things a stage further

Let me Google "www.bbc.co. uk/news/magazine-33560182" for you
Old 07-18-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Mobile here so I want to comment to people later. But started raining dang it!!!!

Seez you later my sober friends!
Old 07-18-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
@NeferkaMichael, Dharma33, learningagain, Angie247, Meraviglioso, MarathonMan,Trees39, Peacehappyness, StellaPolaris, PeacefulRain, 2WheelsGood, LilyMarie, Surrender2Win, ccam1973, happyandfree, Charlie117926, Timeforchange18, CaseyW, KeryJames, mns1, gettingsmarter: It's great to have you all on the Sober Bus with us! And good to see the regulars as well! (hoping I didn't miss any of the new/newish people) This just in: All the riders on this weekend's bus will receive a complimentary set of vintage Melmac dinnerware (we'll have to share, though).
Love this post!!!!! Welcome everyone! Hope Friday was safe and sober. Cravings pass. They are not real if you don't act on them. Do not give power to what does not exist!

K
Old 07-18-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I am a big fan of Melmac....Fiestaware as well. The pic made me smile. I haven't caught up yet and will post more after I have.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Solarion I'm glad you're recognizing it now and know to stay sharp. It's those days that t catches me off guard that are the toughest for me.

Weasel, does rain mean no walking? I like being out in the rain, but indoor know about 12 miles worth!

I also have some resentment to deal with. I'm dealing better with it, but is definitely still there. More from before I got sober than anything recent. I think I'm better at understanding and accepting these days and that's helping me not form any new resentments. Accepting other people as they are has been a big challenge for me.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I could use a set of bowls please. Yesterday MrsLB drop a stoneware bowl at just the right angle and it disassociated itself. I didn't say a word until after she only picked up the big pieces and walked away.
The little battery operated handvac was ten feet away...

MM - good strategy throwing easy pickings at RZ to bark about.

What else? It's good to see the 'new' regulars moving to the front of the bus.

My trial period of sirius/xm is almost up. I was listening to deep tracks - about the only thing it's good for actually - and heard that Steely Dan is touring with Elvis Costello and the Attractions as the opening act. I immediately wanted tickets. Will have to see.
Meanwhile when we got home from Maine the wife asked when is "our" culture club concert. Um, "WE" don't have one. But they are playing 8/9 in Bethlehem. I reminded her that Boy George isn't a boy any more. More like Man George. Think of the embarrassment of listening to Daryl Hall try to sing his old stuff. Sad. Then I saw that the Flaming Lips were there on the 8th, booyah! Then she sees Duran Duran on the 7th. I'd pay 50 to see the FL instead of 5 bucks to see culture club any day. Now she wants to see DD.

Cut the grass yesterday and repositioned pumpkin vines out of the way. In one week it seems like a different place. Small hints of punkin plants turned into violent vines. Tomato baskets are toppled, cucumbers are wild into the lawn - looks like the garden/jungle needs attention...

I am quite surprised and pleased that I didn't even make a silly comment when my wife dropped and broke a bowl yesterday. Mark it on your calendars.

DuranDuran put out some of the best videos ever! Sorry can't post em here.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Hey wease and weekenders. Already following through on my sober weekend plan. Already been grocery shopping and sitting here at the auto zone waiting to get oil, filter and brake pads. I will send photos of work in progress but i can guarantee they will look nothing like big Sombrero's and Ruby's pics haha
Old 07-18-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Saturday! I'm up early despite having been awakened by storm sirens at 1am. Got up to watch a quite thrilling thunderstorm for about an hour. The back of my house faces West with an unobstructed view, so I could watch it coming. I love a good storm. Now there's debris all over the yard - will have to deal with that before the next lawn mowing. But no major damage. We've had so much rain here that I was afraid of toppled trees - none that I can see from here but later I'll take a little cruise around town. The winds were quite strong.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hey MLD

I'm in Ohio. We didn't get the sirens but we did get a heck of a light show. It's gonna be 94 here today with a heat index of 104. 94 or 104...I say hot!
Old 07-18-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Back home. Did not walk as it rained for a bit. Started raining before I even left the complex. So I drove for coffee.

Read to relax a bit before doing errands. Then maybe walk into town to see the tall ships sail in this afternoon. Huge event here. I will try and post pics.

Now... Tea and read you posts!
Old 07-18-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

My Brachypelma emilia, "Dr. Voodo" is 1 year old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
em2.jpg (78.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 07-18-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Dr ******!
Old 07-18-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
I hope I never take for granted Saturday morning with no hangover. I know I keep saying that, but I need to keep gratitude fresh in my mind.
I love the dishes solarion...very practical for our bus.
not so sure about the spider, lunar. Although she (he?) Is kinda pretty.
coffee time...yawn...then volunteer work this morning and maybe some interior painting this afternoon. ..or maybe just a nap!
Sorry you got rained out weasel. I know you were looking forward to your walk. Maybe it will clear this afternoon.
See you later.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Originally Posted by Charlie117926 View Post
Hey MLD

I'm in Ohio. We didn't get the sirens but we did get a heck of a light show. It's gonna be 94 here today with a heat index of 104. 94 or 104...I say hot!
Ohio too. Most of the rains went just north of us, but we did get 3 brief showers yesterday. Blech! As much as I hate the humid heat, the grass is over 6" and still growing. The soybean crops are drowning. Maybe this will dry things out a bit. We need a week of just sun.

I love Saturdays. They're even better sober. Crystal clear AM sky with a crystal clear head. Let's get this bus rolling!