Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 17th until...

Old 07-17-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

[QUOTE="MLD51;5470359"]Ahhhhh. One of my favorite artists. Saw him in concert in Chicago in about 82 (when I was but a child). Great concert. I have most of his albums (yes, albums, those big black things) and when I need some cheering up they are my first choice.

Can I join this sober party? Saw Elvis a summer or two ago, it was a great show!!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Sao....your golf game is improving! Congrats! I predict first place next week?!? nice pic, too!

(((Soberclover))) I'm sorry you're feeling so down. We're here to listen if you want to talk about it. Stick close to us tonight and we'll get through it together.

GS...everything ok today?

Squash looks good, Brain.
I'm good Brynn. Emotionally exausted from the sale of my 10+ year company. Very bittersweet. Finally coming out of kinda being in shock. Huge life changes. Will have 3 months sober this weekend. Love the sober me so much better.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Made it through Friday! Laying here reading SR with my 6 year old boy laying by my side. Looks like I know who will be getting carried up stairs. Man he's getting heavy! 😊
Old 07-17-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Sadie!

GS....congrats on three months! Change is hard...even good change.

Sounds like a good Friday night, Charlie.

I'm pooped from babysitting but had so much fun!
Night y'all!
Xoxo
Old 07-17-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
...holds the key

And Mesa....hope all's well with the move! Does this mean you're done with your favorite realtor now?
Old 07-17-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Quick check in! Still sober
Old 07-17-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Calling an early night. Be a bit more active tomorrow
Good night and sweet dreams.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I'm back. Busy here. When you said you saw Elvis a couple of years ago I figured which Elvis. Unless there's something we don't know. The global conspiracy. I can't watch YouTube videos on my iPad for some reason so haven't seen the video yet.

Went to a beginners AA meeting with Mr. Ruby. Son and husband sleeping in the air conditioned living room. I have a busy day tomorrow. Running around. Dentist finally called to tell me my permanent crown is in so I'm going to the dentist at noon.

Clouds. I saw some amazing clouds this evening. Cool pic Sao, even though there aren't any clouds.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Wish I'd had a better camera
Old 07-17-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. ..early night here in HAF world. So glad the work week is done. Now, to enjoy the weekend. No real plans, but you never know what will pop up. I'm ready to be spontaneous since there will be no hangover!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Old 07-17-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

So cool, Ruby!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Olive's transport to her island adventure. I think she's brave.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Sao, thanks for Echo and the Bunnymen. I just played that and strolled over to the video for Lips Like Sugar which I crank up if played on the radio.

And PK, I haven't heard Elvis in a while. Brings me back to my freshman year in college and the guy down the hall who expanded my musical horizons by blasting Elvis regularly. Thank you.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Olive's transport to her island adventure. I think she's brave.
It was a glorious ride. A bit unnerving at first, but the noise helped to drown out the fear. There were six people taking the plane, I was actually first in line and about to ask the captain if I could ride shotgun, but a woman at the end of the line
piped up before I had a chance and claimed the seat. I felt like Della Della bo Bella, always just this close to the shotgun!!!
Old 07-17-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Brynn, et al...

YES! We arrived over here in W. Colorado about ~2 hours ago at Sunset. Long fn couple days, with some serious humpin' on House Moving/Cleaning. Tired and sore and the most Cash Money we've ever had.

Nice Gal Buyer was stuck in Traffic this morning, and this delayed our Closing for an hour. No biggie by us, but there's nonstop House Sales in this uber-smoking Region. So, Closing times are kinda precious. We parked my Truck and Trailer and Da Pooch underground in a Shopping Mall Garage to keep him cool while we did our Biz.

RealtorZilla stayed on task, amazingly. She got her whining out of the way last night, apparently, at their last 8 - 9 P.M. Home Invasion while we Motel'ed it. 'Your Trash Bin is full'. 'There's a Quart of Oil left on some Shelves'. I left those fn Shelves because the nice Buyer said she would appreciate them. The Oil is for the 'Swamp' Cooler Bearings. Left her a BBQ Grill we had at our Mountain House while renting it. Cleaned the Bathrooms to Hotel clean. Helen Keller could see that RealtorZilla needed some things to bitch about, so I left her some. Quite intentionally. Distractions to focus her bitching that worked like a charm. Our Realtor lost it - laughing - when he heard this morning of this Strategy.

Da Wife was cued up to rip RealtorZilla a new one after Closing with all Checks distributed, but the chance never popped up. RZ bolted. She did bring up 3 times the fact that our Trash Bin was full. Keep beatin' it, Sista. That Horse might not be dead yet.

I learned in Int'l Biz to 'compartmentalize' People and things. So, I was glad to answer the Buyer's many questions because her look is best described as Da Wife noted: 'Deer in the Headlights'. I don't know why this is, but ya can't help but be kind to someone like that.

We made a great new Pal in our Realtor; a Gent I met at the Dog Park. He bought Da Wife's Passat, and loves it. Our Banker Gal I set up new Branch Accounts at is another Dog Park Acquaintance. Top Shelf $$ attention from a total Babe. Hurt me more.

Once we got recent, reliable stories of RealtorZilla absolutely browbeating and humiliating her 8 year old Son at a local Park, we copped a serious attitude on her. Kinda like 'The Great Santini', Female style...

Tomorrow morning I'll wake up Sober with ~$400k in the Bank, and RealtorZilla will still be a Bitch with some serious Control Issues.

Life is fair sometimes...
Old 07-17-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Quick check-in. Starting day 72 as of 17 minutes ago! Worked tonight, just got home about an hour ago. Very nice night at work--smooth shift, good money.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to buy some juice and the young woman in line right before me in the express lane absolutely reeked of stale cigarettes and cheap beers. That awful smell reminded me of this bar I used to drink in nearly every afternoon back in the early 2000s. Glad I don't have to smell like that today.

Hope everyone had a happy and sober Friday. Talk to you more after I get some sleep!
Old 07-17-2015, 10:26 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Haha MM, sounds like fun but I bet you're glad it's over! RelatorZilla sounds like she definitely would have found something to complain about no matter what. Has to be nice to see that kind o a balance in the bank!
Old 07-17-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Hats off to MesaMan and GettingSmarter for your house and business sale. Both are big deals.

Ruby those cloud photos are good - they remind me of that cheesy old movie The Fog, the old version, not the remake

Weather wise this morning has picked up where last night left off, it's really beautiful - I don' t think it's scheduled to last though.

Not many people about this morning on the canal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150718_072122.jpg (46.8 KB, 40 views)
Old 07-18-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tambdy View Post
Can i have a ticket and a straight jacket please
Tambdy, glad to have you on board! I'm sure we have a few spare straightjackets and maybe even some manacles in that steamer trunk by the door.

@EE2010, meowychristmas, AutumnWillow, Sadie1: Great to have you all join us. Hope you enjoy the ride!

@KeryJames: I would say Allen Carr's book and RR are similar in their debunking approach, but Carr's deals more with alcohol culture and indoctrination whereas RR deals with alcoholism and "recoveryism", so they are complementary.

There's a book by Jason Vale, "How to Quit the Drink Easily" that's similar to Carr's. I like Vale's writing style and recommend that one as well.