Notices

Belong? Sober Weekender Thread July 9 until...

Old 07-14-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
...holds the key

My copy hasn't arrived yet, hippo! Not sure what the hold up is so don't spill the beans before I've a chance to read it!

I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to find competent trustworthy sitters these days, Ruby. Hope you find someone soon.

Tetra...glad you had fun tonight.

We did fajitas on the grill for dinner with lots of veggies and homemade salsa. After dinner I was told our trip might not happen because my boyfriends probation officer is hesitant to give him permission to leave the state after his most recent arrest. He told me if the answer is no he's going anyway. I told him I don't want to be part of it. Crud.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. ..I made stir fry also tonight, with marinated and fried tofu cubes. It was very delicious over rice. Now I'm on my bed...am going to spend the rest of the evening reading. As long as I can stay awake. I've been awfully tired lately. I have no excuse for it, other than needing to lose 25lbs.
ruby...thank goodness your mom was available to get your kids.
Tetra..I want to see that movie too. Glad you had a good night out.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sounds like a lovely evening, haf!
Old 07-14-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hey all! I'm sitting here enjoying the truly cool air blowing into the house. Unfortunately, my screens are in rough shape due to the drafted cats so I have a mosquito bite on my leg.

Tetra, I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Well, Wednesday.

A friend of mine sent me a link to a support group/organization for alcoholics, addicts and their loved ones. I can't get a sense of whether it's twelve step or not. Some of their meeting topics sound pretty nuts and bolts, build up that toolbox kind of stuff. I think I may go sometime although the next AUGUST meeting is on prescription drug abuse and that's not me, nor my husband. Past topics included building the toolbox for the holidays (before Christmas and New Years). It has links to some really good resources on the net.

So dr. Who was "to be continued" so I'll find something else to watch now and go to bed. Good night all.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well, it's that special day of the weekend, Wednesday. Another grey and not very warm one, what happened to summer?

Have a good day everyone
Old 07-15-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Good morning. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday. Got a tipoff yesterday that management has made a decision to be announced Monday that will have a hugely negative impact on many of my employees. Been mostly awake since 3 ruminating on that. We've been told we need to get through the emotional reaction quickly and move on to help the employees adjust. Arggghhhh. 60 isn't looking so bad, that much closer to retirement.

A riot of birdsong is greeting dawn. It's really noisy on my porch. Life goes on.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Happy St. Swithin's Day!

It is warm and sunny here today. Hopefully we will get the warm weather for the next 40 days
Old 07-15-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Morning everyone...raining again here. Which is not a bad thing as I need to finish packing and cleaning! In the words of my son "two more sleeps" until vacation!
Old 07-15-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Morning all,

The midweek hump!

Weather was lovely this morning, but now seems to be returning to usual British/Irish summer form, i.e., terrible!!!

B
Old 07-15-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Hugs Bernie! How nerve wracking. Happy birthday too!

Sao, cool is fine by me.

I was typing here and something caught my eye and I looked up to see a hummingbird buzzing about my flowers. It didn't stay long and was too far to capture on camera. Amazing little birds. Slim pickings in my yard to choose from.

Time to get the troops rolling. Yes, magical Wednesday. After today I have 4 days off. Yay!
Old 07-15-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Good morning!
Let's make this a great Wednesday!
Old 07-15-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Ain't no Slackin', cuz we be Packin'!

As my Garage demonstrates, Nature does - indeed - abhor a Vacuum. Making good progress out there, while Da Wife tackles the minimal Guano left in the Kitchen.

In a Case of Fusterus Cluckus, she deleting the Quote for this Round 2 of Moving. Appended was an Old School Form we needed to fill out w/Credit Card Info; sign; scan; and return. SOOOOO, I did this Search & Destroy Mission yesterday back through her e.mail; sifting through an insane number of 'Deleted' Sales/Shopping 'Offers'. She's no on-line Shop O'Holic, but Companies reselling her name blew up exponentially. Finally found the Mover's Info a few hundred e.mails back. It was 2 days old. Insane.

SOOOO, because we need more Moving Boxes, it's down to the Big City today for those, and to sign req'd Forms before Movers show up tomorrow morning.

No word yet on if/when RealtorZilla wants to do the final Home Invasion before Closing this Friday so that her mouse_y Buyer can bond with her pending House. This one has 'Legs'. House bonding, before you even own the Joint. That crapola's gonna stick with me a long and Sober while...

Stay tuned... Have Guano - Will Travel.

- 'Moving On' ~ Bad Company ~ Live
Old 07-15-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Is it only Wednesday? My gosh, it feels like a Friday already. I think I'm stressing around here.

Bernie, that does sound quite stressful. Best wishes to you in this tough situation.

Mesa, I'm dying to ask ... can you please define Guano? Lol. You use it often and I really want to know I guess I'll google it in the meantime.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Bird and bat excrement - guano. Used as fertilizer.

SoberP, it's my Friday today but it doesn't quite feel like it yet.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning Wednesday weekenders!

Happy packing Mesa!

GRE test tomorrow y'all! I will be so glad to get it over with! Too much build up/worry/whatever.....I'm pooped! A few nights ago I dreamed I couldn't find the testing center and when I finally got there the test was in some foreign language.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Ruby!!

Best of luck with test tomorrow Brynn.

I hope the packing is progressing Mesaman!

I also wondered what Guano meant and shall now endeavour to use it in sentences.

Getting excited about this camping trip now. Just bunked out of work there to purchase two new comfortable camping chairs. The last ones I got were Guano (hey!!!!) as the legs broke when folding them away. Hopefully these new ones will last. Also bought a cool bag and ice pack to keep our supplies fresh. Mrs B has headed off already as she is going to spend a few days with her family before I meet her on Friday. This means I will be home alone in the new place for the first time. It's an old house and makes lots of creaking noises at night so I may have to check in later for reassurance!!!

B
Old 07-15-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Guano is Forum PC word for schitte. As is schitte.-) Used in a sentence, it would be 'Holy Bat Schitte, Guano Man'! OK, mebbe not...-)

Getting mo Moving Boxes now. Nice temps here in the Shade of this Industrial Park.

Next Home Invasion Tour from RealtorZilla is set for this Thursday night after 7:30 PM. We be gone by then, and in a Motel Bed eating Bon Bons to relax before the Friday morning Closing. That works... She HAD to make sure our House was the same as when her nice Client wrote the Contract. So much for my Plan to set up a Meth Lab the last few days we lived there during our 28 years.

I can't post what I'm thinking that she can do to herself, so we'll just leave it there.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Let's see... I heard basketball jones on the radio this morning, I drove through Trachsville, PA on the way home this morning. Had the worst meal in my life last night - I'm pretty sure - at Denny's. Stayed in the worst motel, a 6 that shared sign and property with dennys.
Had the most awesomest weather imaginable for the past 6 or 7 days. Hiked some very tough trails in Acadia. Saw some amazing sights. Caught some stripers and was pulled around on a kayak by a couple. Fixed a broken tent pole with string and duct tape - after it broke the second time. Only got about 10 mosquito bites - deep woods off. A chair fell from back of jeep yesterday and put a nice gash on the bridge of my nose. I got a big blister on my big toe next to last day but it didn't stop me from hiking another 5 miles yesterday. Stepped on a nail that went into my heel at the place we stayed near acadia. Saw some cool stuff. nce again, not enough time to see everything we wanted. Yesterday's hike was going well until we ran into some people who said they went on a whale watching trip and it was awesome. Tried to change the subject immediately...
Met a cool dude. Which reminds me that I was able to keep from drinking. Some people took me out on a boat fishing my first nite at campground and offered me beer, and had a bottle of clear liquid with them. I refused. Then as I was thinking how I deserved a beer after a hike or 7 hours kayaking around the bay I thought about having to post that I drank. Didn't want to let anyone down by drinking. And also, if I drank, weasel would probably feel bad thinking it was his fault or something dumb. So I also had that in the back of my mind to keep me from drinking. But I really wanted a beer so bad...

Still a non-drinker! Nice photo of lighthouse weasel. I have one just like it!

Need some rest and have to unload the mess from the jeep. It's amazing how disorganized things get after a week of living out of a vehicle.

I did not have a lobster roll or any lobster stuff. Couldn't see myself spending 13 bucks or more for a small sandwich. But did have an overpriced lunch in bar harbor - also wanted a craft beer... ice tea to the rescue once again.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

LBrain, really great job on staying sober in those circumstance. Well done

Brynn, I'll keep my fingers crossed Good luck. You got this!! Think positive. Deep breaths. It will feel so good to get it behind you.

Behan, sounds exciting!

Mesa, lol. I should've known. And I admit, I googled right after I posted.

So, the husband has consented to try out the Frontpoint system. I'm glad. I'm breathing a sigh of relief, as I'm tired of researching all the systems online. I went straight for the best, and I don't want to try anything else. It's state of the art.

Dishes arrive shortly. They'd better be boxed well, dang it. I'm going to be rip roaring mad if they are shattered.

Still reading Mockingbird.

I've made great progress on my mound of hand washables the past couple of days. I see the light at the end of the dirty laundry tunnel.