Old 07-15-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
LBrain

Let's see... I heard basketball jones on the radio this morning, I drove through Trachsville, PA on the way home this morning. Had the worst meal in my life last night - I'm pretty sure - at Denny's. Stayed in the worst motel, a 6 that shared sign and property with dennys.
Had the most awesomest weather imaginable for the past 6 or 7 days. Hiked some very tough trails in Acadia. Saw some amazing sights. Caught some stripers and was pulled around on a kayak by a couple. Fixed a broken tent pole with string and duct tape - after it broke the second time. Only got about 10 mosquito bites - deep woods off. A chair fell from back of jeep yesterday and put a nice gash on the bridge of my nose. I got a big blister on my big toe next to last day but it didn't stop me from hiking another 5 miles yesterday. Stepped on a nail that went into my heel at the place we stayed near acadia. Saw some cool stuff. nce again, not enough time to see everything we wanted. Yesterday's hike was going well until we ran into some people who said they went on a whale watching trip and it was awesome. Tried to change the subject immediately...
Met a cool dude. Which reminds me that I was able to keep from drinking. Some people took me out on a boat fishing my first nite at campground and offered me beer, and had a bottle of clear liquid with them. I refused. Then as I was thinking how I deserved a beer after a hike or 7 hours kayaking around the bay I thought about having to post that I drank. Didn't want to let anyone down by drinking. And also, if I drank, weasel would probably feel bad thinking it was his fault or something dumb. So I also had that in the back of my mind to keep me from drinking. But I really wanted a beer so bad...

Still a non-drinker! Nice photo of lighthouse weasel. I have one just like it!

Need some rest and have to unload the mess from the jeep. It's amazing how disorganized things get after a week of living out of a vehicle.

I did not have a lobster roll or any lobster stuff. Couldn't see myself spending 13 bucks or more for a small sandwich. But did have an overpriced lunch in bar harbor - also wanted a craft beer... ice tea to the rescue once again.