Notices

Belong? Sober Weekender Thread July 9 until...

Old 07-13-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

So tonight's funny. My ex just texted me to make sure I put sun screen on our son and do not let him swim alone because of sharks while in Florida. I just replied: Oh, because I planned on cooking him in the sun and then feeding him to a shark. That's a bad plan?.

Sometimes, he just sets of my sarcasm.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

I'm with you mld and smarter....I'd rather food shop. Actually, I love food shopping. Especially at some place like whole foods... $$$...I'm in heaven.
I hope you feel better soon, mecanix. It's a drag being sick.
how does an eyebrows get threaded? Not sure if I dare ask...
sorry you didn't sleep bernie...I bet your dog slept all day while you worked. Happy almost birthday.
You're right brynn...we have a lot to be thankful for.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

I grew up in Florida. Sharks don't care if you are alone or with someone.

Just be sure someone swims slower than your son.

Kidding.

/sarcasm
Old 07-13-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

LOL bimini! Son has plans on using me and my mom as shark bait to catch one!
Old 07-13-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Aw crud Della! Hope you feel better. I love trivia crack but the questions seem to repeat after a while. I used to play at work all the time!

Ok, so apparently I'm the oddball that likes clothes shopping. Please don't kick me off the bus.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I love clothes shopping. And home decor. Just groceries I hate.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

I love groceries cause I love to cook...and eat!
Old 07-13-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Bait? That's not good.

Well, we've had pouring rain. Lightning and thunder. Horrific heat and humidity. And the volume is far too high on the television. Everyone camping on the floor in the living room. We've only put in one air conditioner so far this year.

Della, I hope you feel better. I was curious to hear your threading experience.

I'm going food shopping at 8:40. I want some lemons. Or maybe I'll just sit tight. And relax.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Are you craving lemons Ruby? I vote for relaxing unless you need to go to the store to get away for some alone time.

And I wish I liked to cook, but I don't. I like to bake, but I'm totally unadventurous when it comes to cooking. Im in a food rut.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Food Talk.

Must involve Bacon somehow.

All this Eyebrow Threading got me motivated. I'm gonna do some 'Manscaping' tonight while Da Wife is out to Dinner with Teacher Pals.

Now, where'd I put my Duct Tape?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Baconless.jpg (75.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 07-13-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

I was craving a Mediterranean quinoa salad that I make for the truly dog days of summer. I scoop it into a container and I have instant lunch. But the dressing takes two lemons and I oddly had none. Lemons are something I always have at hand.

So. I went out to get some. Arrived at the store in the driving rain. Just pouring. Realized that I left my wallet at home. I managed to scrounge two dollars and two cents from the change purse I keep in my car. Sounds like I'm trying to scrape change from the couch cushions to buy alcohol but I wasnt. Honest to goodness lemons. And what's up with the price of lemons? A buck each? Insane. And almonds are going up too. That darn drought. I'll mail some of this rain and humidity to California.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Are you craving lemons Ruby? I vote for relaxing unless you need to go to the store to get away for some alone time.

And I wish I liked to cook, but I don't. I like to bake, but I'm totally unadventurous when it comes to cooking. Im in a food rut.
Brynn if you want to try something cooking related that's fun and adventurous make a plate with a spot of every condiment you have and mix and match strange combonations like a painters palate. I like to do it with rotisserie chicken. Lots of good and strange combos.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

You would not believe we are in July, it's cool and overcast this morning.

Ruby 1$ each per lemon definitely sounds expensive, that's the equivalent of 67 pence here whereas the actual price is 25-30 pence each. On the whole food prices tend to be higher here too.

Brynn your younger than some of us here - clothes probably look better on you
Old 07-14-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

My son introduced me to a new app a couple weeks ago and I'm drawn to it every spare moment. If you like word games and playing with letters, you might enjoy AlphaBetty. I enjoy letters games more than numbers, games like Sudoku. More options.

I like to cook because I like to eat and I'm particular about eating real food. Ruby I admire your persistence in obtaining the lemons. I've been off shopping of any sort except what I can easily order online. Tried a grocery delivery service but didn't like it. The result is I have to stop at the grocery more often rather than less just to get a meal on the table. I'm working on it.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

All this food talk has me wanting delicious food, however, I also fall into the non-cooking camp. I can cook, I just hate it. Somehow in my mind it is very frustrating to spend hours slaving away over a stove, only for all my effort to disappear!

Weather is supposed to be bad today. But we have lots of little things to get done around the house. Dismantled and cleaned out the vacuum last night due to lack of sucking, so hoping it functions better today! I blame the cats, they are short haired, but I swear they lose more hair than they keep.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I tried AlphaBetty. Was great until I got stuck on a beastly level. I'm still trying...
Old 07-14-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Good morning! Quiet time for a few minutes and then I must get ready for work and the day.

Saoutchik, I'm betting your lemons don't come from California. I was thinking of that last night. Spain? Israel?

Cool now but supposed to get hotter today. Yesterday my glasses kept steaming up. Maybe some relief from the humidity. Work. Two more days and then a four day weekend. That's good. See you all in a bit.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Yay a new game for me!!
Old 07-14-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
we are trudging through the work week.
I hope to make this a great day-after my coffee kicks in and I wake up. Yawn!
Gonna check out alphabetty...
Old 07-14-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hey all,

I hope everyone is keeping well and getting through the early part of the week.

Trying to get back into a working frame of mind following a 3-day action packed weekend. I love spending time in my home town with family and friends - it reinvigorates me. Now focusing on plans for next weekend. A big camping trip in a beautiful part of the country. Looking forward to it. Will be my first time camping without a can of beer in my hand. I have planned ahead and feeling very confident.

B