Notices

Belong? Sober Weekender Thread July 9 until...

Old 07-12-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Ken for another exellent weekender thread
Old 07-12-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I highly recommend doing pizza on the grill. ...I was very nervous that I was going to burn it, but it turned out pretty spectacular. And I didn't have to get the house hotter than it is. If anyone is interested, I found lots of directions online. It's not difficult.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Ah, another weekend comes to an end.
I spent the whole day cleaning my house. My neighbors have offered to check in on the cats while I am gone next weekend and I needed to make the place at least a little presentable. Plus, it will be amazing to come home to a clean and tidy space.
I am tired and I can't believe this weekend is over. Back to work again, but I have the nice island weekend up coming to look forward to.
Can't wait.
See you guys tomorrow if the thread stretches out!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Just had rooibos tea with rose petals and I think I'm off to bed early after a couple nights of staying up late with hobbies.

Good night, all!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Oh it will stretch out. I'll make sure of that.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by della1968 View Post
oh it will stretch out. I'll make sure of that.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sweet dreams olive and sol!

Lots of lightening bugs out tonight....along with a few thousand Mosquitos. Summer nights are my favorite...cicadas, frogs, crickets and the smell of mosquito spray. Reminds me of summer camp.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone. I'm very happy because I have overtime tomorrow. They were discussing layoffs a couple of months ago and now we have so much work that we are getting overtime.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:40 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Grey and overcast today (so far). I think we have some work experience people coming in today from a local school
Old 07-12-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hey all ,
Still sick , phoned in sick , blah ! in my first month , for shame ..

Today i *really* sound like the love walrus .. and how can my ears be itchy behind the eardrums

Everyone at blackpool transport has the lurgy so i expect it to be well spread from there . Public transport is very egalitarian with germs ..

Sao get ready down south i expect it will hit soon .

Maybe its the same bug you had a few weeks ago K ?

take care all , m
Old 07-13-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

((((Mecanix))))

Get well soon!

Here's some virtual chicken soup:
Old 07-13-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks Glimer ,
You saying that I might have to nip up the road to the supermarket and get my old family recipe chicken soup on the go .
Old 07-13-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Feel better M!!!

I need to start work a bit earlier than normal as I will be working with the team in Amsterdam. a few days a week. No big deal for me.

Thank for a great weekend. I am rested and ready for the week. That is the point of weekends right? Get rest?

Be well.

Be sober.

Be safe.

See you next Thursday!
Old 07-13-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Feel better Mex!!
I am getting my eyebrows threaded for the first time tonight.....wish me luck!
Old 07-13-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good luck Della! Being Italian if I don't do something about it... And I do... I would have only one eyebrow.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I have always gotten them waxed but my friend talked me into this.....we shall see!
Old 07-13-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I've had it done before. It's a lot of little stings, but they're less painful than waxing. It takes a little longer, though.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Storms and a nervous dog resulted in a fitful nights sleep. Thunder, lightning, even hail were sporadic all night long, and it looks like more of the same today. 90 and humid, have the house closed up tight and the air on, and I'll leave a radio blaring for the dog.

Reached out to some friends instead of making excuses to myself about why I didn't need to. And I'm actually making some plans for my 60th birthday coming up in a few weeks, although I made it clear to my sister that I'm not celebrating, I'm working on accepting.

I used to have a unibrow too. Not having to deal with that is something to celebrate.

Hope everyone's Monday's are off to a good start.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Yo Enders!

So much bad Eye Makeup. So little time. There's even some memorable Eyebrows thrown in.

Health Advisory: Drink Coffee before viewing these.

- Bad Eye Makeup Pix -

In other News, it's Perfunctory Business Day here. Sign our new Estate/Will today over Lunch with our long-time Attorney presiding, and the 2 Witnesses required. Getting Life in order. Get Da Wife's name and sig on the new Bank Accounts I set up last Saturday. We need a more omnipresent National Bank to deal with while Camp Trailer Traveling soon.

Pack more House Guano. Movers arrive this Thursday to pack out the little stuff remaining. I booked a Motel for this Thursday night so that RealtorZilla can tour this House more time with our very meek and pleasant House Buyer. With a straight Face, we were 'informed' that these lil Home Invasions are necessary to allow the pending Buyer to 'bond' with her new House. It's been a good exercise in Detachment. If they gots the >$400k Profit this Friday to hand over, I gots the time.

What_d_funk_ever...

The Jockette Wife and this Realtor already have had 'words' at our Front Door. This whole Chick 'Dis thang goin' on is some really good side Entertainment. The Retired High School Teacher has had Decades of accomplished Behavioral Models to follow re: how to face off by the High School Lockers.

Da Wife gets taken out tonight by 13 Teacher Gals Pals to a lil Mountain Gold Mining Town Restaurant where I used to take Int'l Pals. An old Log Cabin with an amazing Prix Fixe Menu. Lotsa blubbering, she predicts. Another Gal Pal is driving, since she's the Designated Drunk.

Me, I gotta make a Dump Run soon in very nice Weather to empty my Utility Trailer full o'crapola. Mebbe today. Mebbe not. There's something to be said for using it this week as a temporary, wheeled Garbage Can.

Live James Brown in 1964. Because we can. Who 'Prince' learned from. The obligatory 'Cape' Routine is at the ~7:30 Time Mark. To cite one of his famous Lyrics to describe my Life changes: 'Papa's got a brand new Bag...'

- James Brown Medley ~ Live -
Old 07-13-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good Monday morning. I disappeared yesterday but I'm OK. I bought a new refrigerator. Old one still working but isn't doing the trick. This new one isn't much bigger but better laid out. We'll see.

Brynn, your day sounded heavenly. Go to once upon a crime for mysteries. It's in Minneapolis around 26th & Lyndale if I'm remembering correctly.

Brynn, hugs on guy thing.

Sao, I like that touch of pink on the Lancia.

Back to work but a three day week for me. As I sat here the sky got black and then opened. Pouring rain now. At least it's cooler. We needed rain. It only pretended to rain Saturday with non soaking sprinkles. My plants will love this.

Time to get ready for work. See you all later