Notices

Newbie Weekender Sober Thread June 25 until

Old 06-27-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Yes, glad you are still going out Learning!!! Great work on the skinny jeans- nothing like getting into something old again....makes a girl's day!
Old 06-27-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Not going to let a random dude get me down! I am looking pretty cute today, if I do say so myself! So, his loss. I am going to go out and make the most of my cuteness, and enjoy my day!
Old 06-27-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Rock that cuteness, girl!!!!!
Old 06-27-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
HEY!

We get plenty of rain. Summers are for blue skies! I have a thing for blue, have you heard? We just need to ratchet down the thermostat about twenty degrees.

Dear god....seattleonians (?) are divided on this rain business. Please make it rain while the sky is blue and sunshiny???. Oh, and cool it down a good twenty degrees. Amen.

better Bimini?

Sorry about your date, learning. His loss.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Do your best

So so warm glad i have 2 fans hope everyone is having a good weekend
Old 06-27-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Laying lazily on the bed.... A cool breeze and rustling leaves just outside my open windows. Cats snoring next to me. A young tiny voice counting down.... 10...9...8...6...5...3...2...ready or noooot here I come! The sounds of summer.....
Old 06-27-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

yes, brynn! In Florida they call those sunshowers. Every day at 3PM in Florida.

In all fairness, Seattleites are notoriously persnickety about the weather. We are like Goldilocks, only there are a million of us. Comes from being so spoiled, weather wise.

Persnickety - I think that's a Southern thing - maybe.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Well, lunch was nice, although I am now soaked through from the crazy storms here, I really needed a boat instead of my car to get home - fire trucks everywhere and city workers out trying to clear the drains, and the rivers are out their banks already.

Also, while out my date called and asked about coffee this afternoon - he was called in for a fire (apparently), just got home and needs to clean up first. May as well go, right? Make him work to get that forgiveness though!!!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Coffee sounds good. I would just forgive him and be done with that. Move forward. Work is work.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Bimini - I agree, but I think my sober self is remembering all my drunken selfs excuses and wondering if he was hungover? I have a thing for uniforms though, so that fireman's uniform will probably win out LOL
Old 06-27-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

It's mild here today around 85F. Relatively mild, anyway

Dogs are walked, flowers are trimmed, weeds are mostly pulled. My husband is picking up his new desk. Then, he and a friend are finishing up the work on my SUV. I won't get my hopes up just yet.

I am sharpening my kitchen knives today. Yay. They really needed it. It's pathetic when you have to saw through raw meat.

Then, a hair trim.

And of course ... laundry.

I'll have to make time to read from my three books I'm currently working my way through, as well as GRE study.

I never have a day off anymore. Maybe one day
Old 06-27-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I ended up going to the gym instead of the pool and I saw this little tiny woman lift the craziest weights I ever seen!! Looked like more than 250lbs. I just couldn't believe it.... I hung around and watched her for awhile because I was just so amazed!

It really made me think that so much of what we do in our lives depends on how we think in our minds. I wouldn't of thought she could do it. But SHE did. I'm in awe of her lol she is my inspiration for the day

Still raining here. I hope it's sunny tomorrow for Gay Pride! And how amazing is it that America finally brought in gay marriage? I'm straight but I believe in equal rights for everyone and that everyone should be able to love who they want.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Zenchaser - some people are amazingly strong! My son is a stick insect, yet he can lift more stuff than me, he has steel bones I swear!

Our gay pride was cancelled because Cleveland is under flood warning. I live East of Cleveland, and we are under water.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Another Seattleite here. Unlike Olive I am not praying for rain (although my lawn is starting to really look yellowish) but a few degrees cooler and a little breeze would be nice. Glad to have an A/C unit.
Congratulations to all those new/struggling who made it through Friday night: it does get much easier so hang in there and keep on posting! If you feel like drinking post here or catch someone on chat.
I woke up very late and I am enjoying my morning coffee. I have one of them fancy coffee maker (I m a coffee snob) but I also have a Mr Coffee as a backup and one of those cute little two cupers and a French press. I take my morning coffee very seriously!!!
I have a work meeting this afternoon and have to do laundry then pretty much the rest of the week end off which is kind of weird because I generally work week ends!!! I don't have special plans but I picked up a bunch of books from the library

Learningagain, I hope you stay safe and dry with the floods
Old 06-27-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

I thought maybe, just maybe if it didn't rain too hard I could work in the yard.
Nope, it's a soaker. Plan 'B'. A perfect day to run to the grocery store for some fruits and other things I don't really need, like the 1.99 pork loin in 10 lb pack. Couldn't resist. The food stock is getting low. And, apparently everyone else in the county thought it would be a good day to run to the grocery store.
It's like a rainy fall afternoon.
learning, I agree with Bim. Give the guy a break. Sounds like a volunteer fire fighter. Hopefully not the drinking kind like they all were where I grew up - and still are!
My desire to do anything other than vedge is pretty low. I took out a bunch of frozen peppers and I'm forcing myself to make a poblano soup. I saw one recipe that starts: "Cut tortilla into ninths." NINTHS?! I wonder how many people had to phone a friend to figure that out.

You reminded me of a song Bim, I realize I'm not much help around here lately.

Oh, you said sEattelites
Old 06-27-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lbrain View Post
my desire to do anything other than vedge is pretty low. I took out a bunch of frozen peppers and i'm forcing myself to make a poblano soup. I saw one recipe that starts: "cut tortilla into ninths." ninths?! I wonder how many people had to phone a friend to figure that out.
lmao!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
Zenchaser - some people are amazingly strong! My son is a stick insect, yet he can lift more stuff than me, he has steel bones I swear!

Our gay pride was cancelled because Cleveland is under flood warning. I live East of Cleveland, and we are under water.
That blows!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

LBrain, if you are in PA you are probably gonna get hit with what we have in Cleveland now! Batten down the hatches, it was regular rain all morning, but for the last hour or two it has been torrential.

He works for 2 fire depts, I think one is regular as he was talking about 96 hours on? The other is volunteer I believe. Will find out.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
I ended up going to the gym instead of the pool and I saw this little tiny woman lift the craziest weights I ever seen!! Looked like more than 250lbs. I just couldn't believe it.... I hung around and watched her for awhile because I was just so amazed!
It's not as hard as you think. I learned how to lift weights a couple years ago and was deadlifting close to 300 lbs. within a month or so. You just build up to it.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I noticed a difference from when I entered the store and when I left. I'm wearing a long sleeve T and the rain was moving sideways. I got wet and didn't care or rush or run like everyone else was. Rain makes the flowers grow, it must be okay for me.
Time to cut up a 10 lb pork loin for the freezer. I need to sharpen my knives too. But a good work over on the steel and they cut pretty good.