Notices

Newbie Weekender Sober Thread June 25 until

Old 06-27-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

IN!

Not sure what happened to my first post in this thread. I was like post #6 or #7 on the first page, but I guess it didn't take. Weird.

Anyway.....Uber-busy this weekend. That's pretty much the norm for me these days. Many irons in the fire. Remember back in the day when there was nothing to do? I'd get bored and drink. I can't even fathom that now. So much to do!

Hope all is going well with the Weekenders!
Old 06-27-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good to see you, Nons.

Have fun at "Linner", Angie - sounds much nicer than "Dunch"!

Ruby, enjoy the last few days of vacation. A mosquito will get into your house from time to time, screen or no screen! Pesky little guys. Hope you find some peace this weekend and relax, it sounds like you've really made the most out of your time off so far. Plus, next week at work is going to be super-slow anyway, you know that!

Feeling pretty awful here. I think I went through the worst of this illness last night, but even so I was able to get plenty of sleep. Looks like I'll be stuck close to home with this flu/cold whatever this weekend. I'll have to make do living vicariously through you guys!
Old 06-27-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

BS - when are you going to MN? I hope you can still go. My grandmother was 105 when she died (the same day as my mother who was 85). My peeps are from Fergus Falls if you know where that is. Those scandinavians live long lives. Stearns County in MN has the longest lived people in the US. I think St Cloud and Sauk Center are in Stearns.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I have to make a list of who says what in order to respond to everyone! LOL!
Old 06-27-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey team!!!! Woo hoo!!!! The weasel is weaseling! I walk into town and back after coffee with Tommy!!!! That's ... Count em.... 12 miles! I plan on breaking records today! I don't feel bad but rather good actually! Big sloppy steak bomb for lunch!

Time to shower up and start the day! Ahhhhhh....

Tomorrow is only going to be a high of 58!!!!!! That's summer in Maine! Rain all day too. So slow cook a pot roast in a savory sauce.

I think that I did enough good things to help lift that mood. I am getting better at handling them.

So what should I do? I have off from now until July 6th.... Hmmmm...

Good to see everyone! I have yet to catch up.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Woo hoo! Just showered and was looking for outfits. I had outgrown most of my clothes thanks to beer - but....my skinny jeans are fitting again! So, I can wear them today, now just to pick a shirt!

So, on top of saving money by NOT buying beer, I am also saving money by not having to buy an entire new closet!
Old 06-27-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

12 miles!! (bowing down) I am not worthy!

You deserve a steak bomb for lunch Weasel.

Congrats on the skinny jeans Learning.

I feel like a big sloth
Old 06-27-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
...holds the key

If anyone's a sloth, it's me...still in bed while y'all are up and at em!

Supposed to go see fireworks tonight but not feeling up to it, I'll decide later.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Boy, I dunno which is nicer: the Nails, or the Eye Makeup...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sloth 5.jpg (45.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 06-27-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

AF, my fancy coffee maker pooped out last week. It was devastating. I finally broke down and bought a new one. Because I must have coffee.

Brain! On my way!!

Walk is done. Now I am thinking of yard saling for a minute. Need a new small table for the back porch.

Soaking some rice noodles...going to make a cool peanut noodle salad for dinner with stuff I shall collect from my garden plot.

Be well and sober people!!!
Old 06-27-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Haha ArtFriend- I actually start typing my replies as I read this thread. If I'm catching up on more than one page I have to copy it and paste it again once I move to the next page, otherwise I can't remember anything!

Weasel- are you counting miles or steps these days? Either way, impressive! Enjoy your time off! I hope you keep us posted on what you decide to do. Loved your last vacation thread.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

12 miles is impressive! When I used to be a letter carrier I would be out walking everyday for at least 6 hours.... more than 25km a day easily depending on the route. Great way to stay in shape but ruined my knees. Sucks cuz I used to be in great shape but now I have a hard time exercising and I miss it! Miss my knees too.

I just got a haircut, feels good to pamper myself. Off the pool shortly.

I got approached by this woman at the pool yesterday in the ladies room...... so bizarre!! She wanted to be my personal coach to help me lose weight, get a boyfriend and get married. She couldn't of been more than about 20 yrs old and she was WAY heavier than me! I just thought..... Oh why do the crazy ones always want to talk to me?! I told her that I've already been married and don't want to make that mistake again and that I have a young lover and that yes I could lose a few pounds but that was why I was at the pool. She told me that she could teach me how to keep my young lover and get him to marry me!! I told her thanks but I have more important problems than being thin and catching a man! LOL I thought geeze do I really look that fat and lonely that kids are approaching me to give me guidance...... or is she so fat and lonely that any stranger will do for some company? Weird.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Back in the day, when it used to rain here in Seattle, I was a sloth...all covered in moss.
I miss those days. :|
Old 06-27-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well no rain in London for a change.

When I found out that tickets for the Formula E Grand Prix were £65 I had a change of mind (that is not good value) The Saoutchik finances are under intense pressure, I may have to join Greece and ask the ECB for a bailout

Had an alfresco lunch in Bunhill Fields Cemetery (it used to be called Bone Hill) Some famous non-conformists are buried here including Daniel Defoe, William Blake and John Runton. I don't really know what a non-conformist is but that didn't stop me from enjoying lunch.

Later we went to Red Market where there is a gallery (called Red Gallery - original). They have rope hammocks there

Hope your date is fun Learning, I seem to be one of the few men not in skinny jeans round here
Old 06-27-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Dear god......please make it rain in Seattle again so Olive can carry on. Amen.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks for the giggle, zen...I needed that!

Sao....glad your limited knowledge on non conformists didn't hinder your meal.
And edit to say I can't stand skinny jeans on guys. Very few can pull off the look and it's always the ones that have no business wearing them that have them in every color!
Old 06-27-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning, Sober People!!!

Having a bit of a lazy morning here; not going to be a 12- miler for me today Weasel!!

Sounds like we have a bit of the same weather, Brain- rainy and pretty cool here.

Speaking of weird dreams and sleep patterns. .....if I think back, I have always been a night owl. Now that I am not drinking I find that I almost will myself to stay up late; I enjoy the quiet house so much after the hubs and kids are all safely tucked in.

Which, makes me want to sleep in like a 15 year old boy going through a growth spurt- not really conducive to getting up to report to work as a SAHM!

I'll sort it all out eventually. I've been having bizarre dreams though. I read my kids stories before bed. My youngest loves sea animals, so that 's what we read about last night. So, I dreamt I was being attacked and smothered by a giant sting ray. Well, ok then!

Surrender and Learning- have a great time on your outing/ date!!! Sounds like you have a good plan in place not to drink. If you feel even the least bit of an urge, post in here please!!! We'll be here

Last edited by Dharma33; 06-27-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-27-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Well, date cancelled, so I am going to go out and meet some friends instead!
Old 06-27-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Glad you're still going out! Better to not waste your new-old skinny jeans on a night in!
Old 06-27-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Dear god......please make it rain in Seattle again so Olive can carry on. Amen.
HEY!

We get plenty of rain. Summers are for blue skies! I have a thing for blue, have you heard? We just need to ratchet down the thermostat about twenty degrees.