Notices

Newbie Weekender Sober Thread June 25 until

Old 06-26-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Only 30 minutes until the Liquor store closes here. I'm going to make it! Been watching movies and playing games on my iPad to keep busy, as well as reading posts. I don't feel physically bad or anything, just unsettled. I am looking forward to no hangover tomorrow!
Old 06-26-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Hey!!!!!
5' nothing here!

Boo!
I am only 5' 3"......I mean like Wizard of Oz little

Good job Angie!
Old 06-26-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I didn't think I was that frightening!
Old 06-26-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I have no idea where it came from....I even forced myself to watch Little People Big World to try and get over it. I am just weird.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I am terrified of moths! And earth worms. Cannot stand either. Have been known to smash things in avoidance of moths.

In other news have a headache. Still tired. Cannot sleep
Old 06-26-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Have you tried melatonin?? Lots of water helps me when I have a headache.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I will get some tomorrow I think. I am still hoping just a phase. But I am so tired! At least I don't have to get up early!
Old 06-26-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

I don't like snakes and clowns either....my German Shepherd got bit by a rattlesnake years ago and it was awful. She almost died.
tetra...your haircut sounds great. I love short haircuts.
this thread moves so fast!
But it's Friday night and that's wonderful. I just ate up a storm. ..crab cake and a garden burger. ..I was starving when I got home from work. And of course ice cream and cookies. I'd better get a grip.
ok-see you later.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Well ... I just sold the old kayak, and my husband drove home, rushed through the front door saying how he wants to call the guy back and tell him the weight limit won't hold him. He estimated his weight to be around 210 lbs ... and he was right. He called him back, told him, and sure enough ... the kayak won't hold this dude. Lol. So, now he's on the way to go swap the money and kayak out again.

*sigh*

I married this guy for those good qualities And I am happy I did. He is a super nice guy. Not everyone would be that honest.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Alas, it appears I have come down with a cold. I have that dry, painful cough and a stuffy head. I remember getting sick when I was an active drinker - a few drinks always made me feel better, but then I'd over-do it and when I woke up I'd feel HORRIBLE. It always took me weeks to recover from a simple cold, now it just takes a couple of days. Rest, fluids, vitamin C, and more rest always does the trick.

In 2 weeks I am going back to the United States of 'Merica for my grandmother's 100th birthday! I've told my friends here, they always say: "Wow, that's amazing! Is she still walking and as sharp as a whip?" The answer is...nope. She's in a wheelchair, and she gets confused kinda easily. She's in hospice. She's 100 years old, man.

To be honest, I think this might be the last time I see her. I am not dreading it, but rather at peace with it. She is too. I plan to visit her on my own a couple of times before the party, spend some quality 1-on-1 time. I can't do anything to help her cancer, and neither can the doctors. But I can give my time and I will offer my care, love, and good cheer. I will also do my best to support my mom, who I know is struggling with letting go, but coping as best she can. On the brighter side, I will also get to hang with my sister, BIL, and niece and nephew! They are 3 years old and 1 years old. Fun times.

In the meantime, I think a quiet weekend of "Terraza Time" will suit me well this weekend. Catchin' up on some movies and TV tonight, here's to everyone feeling bright eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning!
Old 06-26-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better Big S. Enjoy your time with your grandmother. No matter what their age it's never long enough is it?
Old 06-26-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Very cool BigS,

Someone broke into my house. And stole the little jar of capers I had in the fridge. I'm sure of it. I know the wife didn't do anything with them. Nah...
Anywho, the flounder was delicious. The seabass was satisfactory. Talk about winging it. I had some leftover tomatoes in italian dressing so I caramelized those and cooked the seabass in the same pan. Actually the tomatoes were tasty little treats too. all burnt and sweet...

Have a good Friday evening all. I packed the wife lunch - flounder. Yeah, she gets to have the lions share.

A song for Tetra... But first

Old 06-26-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Walked right into that one didn't I?
Old 06-26-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Surrender della!
Old 06-26-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Never
Old 06-26-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Tetra I am so glad that you are opening up and I bet that you look beautiful with that new haircut I have long hair but with this heat it would be almost tempting to cut it!
Being running around with the good old pony tail and I am so grateful for my A/C.
I hope all the new people are hanging there.
The heat can also give ammunition to the addictive voice. I have a little bit of time under my belt but this afternoon I had a fleeting thought that it was a perfect weather for an ice cold beer on my front porch. I recognized it immediately for what it was ... addictive voice popping its head out and it went away.
My AV is very quiet and I seldom think about alcohol but it will never go completely away: it is what it is.
The thing is that we do not have to act on those thoughts. As long as I accept that I can never drink safely again and that I value my sobriety and don't negotiate my abstinence I ll be ok.
The key is to learn to recognize it and not bargain with it. There is tons of support on SR and out there. For new people it might be more difficult but the longer you stay sober the easier it gets
There are also many of wonderful refreshing non alcoholic drinks like that one I saw posted on FB and that I am probably going to be making

Now that's one good front porch drink!
Old 06-26-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

one more before I turn in. Another big friday night here. Just had my black cherry ice cream, maybe watch something on netflix and wake up with the tv asking if I'm still watching... again...

Time to dedicate a song to MesaMan. Ted before he got too goofy from one the best albums ever. No you might be thinking Bridge of Sighs, maybe tomorrow. I had the Bridge of Sighs CD in the jeep. I found myself going over the speed limit. Robin Trower really does that album up.

Anyway, some Uncle Teddly for your Friday night.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

No coffee in it, Carlotta? Still sounds delicious.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Which reminds me ... I have some cappuccino brownie white chocolate crazy concoction of ice-cream in the freezer ... yeah baby.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

why not. From one of THEE best albums ever recorded, Robin Trower