Notices

Stay Sober Memorial Day Weekender May 21 - 26

Old 05-23-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Oh, crap. I am sorry!! I didn't think.
Not to worry!
I have been known to read the last page of the book to see how it ends.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Weasel-
I'm a V8 fiend myself! Love it!
Old 05-23-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

YAY! That's great Ireland.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouraging words about a sober Friday, folks. It really means a lot to me. I'll be bluntly honest...it wasn't easy. Harder than I thought. Cravings became strong shortly after dinner. It's almost like my body knew it was Friday. haha

I won't say I felt like running to the store or anything but I'm looking forward to not feeling those in the evening at some point. My "witching hour" is between 6-8am. Gotta plan smartly for those hours for a while.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Oh, and I purchased coconut soda water last night! It tastes like Hawaii. I love it! Happy Saturday Sober Enders! Feeling lazy today.
Yeah, it does I described it as "suntan lotion" to someone and they wrinkled up their nose. I was like, oh no, it is good stuff, trust me.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

No, it ain't easy MisterChill. I'll admit that I cried through some of my worst cravings that first few weekends.....such internal conflict! (Just don't tell my buddies ). But like you I knew my weakest times and planned for them. Way to go.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hey all, I'm in for the sober weekend. Currently on Day 3 here. Going to be a bit of a challenge interacting with friends and family later in the weekend, but I know I can handle it.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
These all look damn tasty. I have not had meat loaf since childhood! Might try make it some time.

6 unusual American recipes to add to your repertoire 6 unusual American recipes to add to your repertoire · TheJournal.ie via TheJournal.ie
Thanks for the link! I had completely forgotten about chicken-fried steak. And I've actually had it, probably several times!

And it's good to know the finer points of sandwich classification, in case one happens to run into a righteous purist.

BTW, we have some of those rails-to-trails bike paths in our town, too. Pretty cool idea.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I love watermelon but absolutely hate anything flavored to taste like it. Even the smell makes me nauseated.
That's how I am with cheese versus cheese-flavored anything.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
No still in the box
Took me a moment to realize this was about the bicycle and not a red flag!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Brynn you're on 2500 posts! That's impressive (i'm closing in on 1K)

Well done Ireland! Awesome. Behan that Po'boy looks good. New Orleans is on my bucket list.

It was raining in London too Art Friend. Stopped now but still cold - needed long sleeves.

Felt tired and lazy today. I did some food shopping and a few chores

I met a couple of the guys who I am going to Le Mans with next month, we went to a bar called the Kickbar in Spitalfields. No booze there, the place is dedicated to table football- they have the proper Bronzini tables there. Big Kids

There is some real car crash TV on tonight - the Eurovision Song Contest. You in the States don't realise how lucky you are. The sad thing is I'm still going to watch it (Australia are in it FGS!)
Old 05-23-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Checking in on a sober Saturday morning here in West Texas. ArtFriend is getting all the rain. 250 miles to the west we're just getting all the wind.

Day 16 and going strong. Thank you to every single one of you for posting in here and helping to keep me sober!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
Took me a moment to realize this was about the bicycle and not a red flag!
^5

Yeah that fake cheese is gross. My kids loved it. I could make killer baked Mac and Cheese and they preferred that Kraft crap.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi FacingFuture! Congrats on 3 days! Log on here if you start feeling iffy today!

Wax museum? You couldn't pay me enough to go to one!....I have this fear of getting locked in at night.....remember that ghost adventures episode in Las Vegas at the wax museum? Creepy!!!!

I'm a V8 lover, too....I crave it sometimes but I drink way too many diet cokes. The only calories I'll drink besides V8 are in a malt! Yum!

So I got a new wax warmer (not sure what you call them) and the scent makes the back of my throat feel scratchy! Weird?!?! It's supposed to be lilac but it's kind of a burnt fruit punch smell! Ugh!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Maybe because you are weird? just kidding. You're not weird. You're strange! Lol well I am anyways!
Ha! I am BOTH! So there!

Old 05-23-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
...holds the key

It's good to see you anatta! We've missed you around here!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

22 days and counting. Yes I lay here in my back yard out in the sun thinking about all the folks on the lake having fun. But I wouldnt have fun for long because I would get smashed and be out of control. Thank god I live in the country and too far for a drinking buddy to drive by on there way out. Im on board! Gonna keep adding these days up 😎
Old 05-23-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Good to have you on the Sober Bus, Free2B!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Mesa 'There's No Place Like Home_ly' Man here...

Trach is right beyond right. Appearances can be deceiving. Therefore, I'm mighty deceiving!-)

Were I to concoct a Seltzer Water Machine, it would undoubtedly turn out like one slammed together by Wile E. Coyote. Hilariously complex. I'm gonna do some 'Research Lite' on Soda Machines, and pick a good/reliable one. Amazon is always good for 'let 'er rip' Customer Reviews.

To invoke a 'Seinfeld_ism', a Family Member 'bats for the other Team'. So, I was glad to hear of the Irish Vote outcome.

We hung out there in Ireland at the Dalkey Island Hotel; now reportedly Condo conversions. Fabulous old Joint that overlooked the Ruins of an old Building just off-Shore. Notables like 'Bono' and Julia Roberts had Houses in Dalkey because they were let alone there. A Jet Turbine-powered Hovercraft went in & out of Dublin adjacent, and kicked up a Water Plume you could see for miles. We took it over from Wales. A speedy and bumpy ride, fo sho, over open Ocean.

'Sting' is in some Stage Production these days, and popped into 'The Jimmy Fallon Show' last night for some good fun. Funny stuff!

- 'Roxanne' ~ Sting & Fallon -
Old 05-23-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Amazon is always good for 'let 'er rip' Customer Reviews.
Reading Amazon reviews is as good as watching comedy flicks on YouTube