Notices

Stay Sober Memorial Day Weekender May 21 - 26

Old 05-23-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I am looking forward to a sober weekend. I am on day five, have been quite overwhelmed with life lately. Went to the doctor this week and they have me something for my anxiety. My husband just sent me a message he will be leaving early today and is going to take the next two days off to be home with me and the kids. That makes for a good day. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 05-23-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Decided to stop at a little place in the center of town. Had the grilled pastrami with Swiss on marble rye. Grilling it gets a nice crisp on the edges. Mmmmmm

Plan to do a simple chicken piccata over thin speghetti with broccoli florets for dinner.

Today is the least warm out of my entire vacation so I will not feel bad for not being out and about constantly.

Oh and thanks! Picked up cream of wheat when I got the chicken. A nostalgic breakfast in the morning!

Also took out a small loan to buy POM juice. Holy cow!

welcome newbies! you can stay sober and live a fun sober life!
Old 05-23-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Weasel- too funny, I just bought a box of Farina. I used to love that as a kid, saw it in the store and had to have it. Now that I am loving breakfast since I'm not hungover anymore it sounds awesome!

Happy Sober Saturday, all. We are going to friends for a quiet BBQ tonight. I promise I will check in tonight and I will report I am sober. Thanks for all of your awesome support, SR and Sober Weekenders.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Also took out a small loan to buy POM juice. Holy cow!
It is pricey stuff. I like to mix mine into my seltzer water. Just for some added flavor and nutrients... and to extend it
Old 05-23-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Taking Mrs B out now for an early dinner. Italian. Then to see some live comedy.

I'm so happy and proud about this Yes vote!!!!!

Keep it sober peeps!!!

B
Old 05-23-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I was following the news about that yesterday, Behan Truly awesome! Good stuff.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Memorial Day - Holidays - HISTORY.com

Thanks to all who have served!
Old 05-23-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I'm finding some interesting things about myself. There are certain things I like to do when only sober. Practicing guitar, reading, fishing (I'm serious when I fish for some reason), and flying my RC planes with my son to name a few. I suddenly don't have to "get my time in" before 6pm right now. I played guitar last night between 9pm-11pm an then read until almost 1am before drifting off.

It's breezy today and my son knows we can't fly planes until near sunset if the winds die. He asked my if I was going to drink beer this afternoon and I said not at all this weekend. He was surprised and said "can we fly tonight?". I said absolutely if the winds die. Something I haven't said for countless weekends. Felt pretty good.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I step away for an hour and two more pages sneak in. Cleaning my son's bedroom is like mucking out a stall in a horse barn.

Saoutchik, six more and You've got a thousand. New Orleans is nice and eminently doable while sober. I was still drinking when I went but I went with a friend who is not a partier so I limited so doing completely without is possible. In fact, probably preferable. We did a lot of walking and tours. Nice.

Getting warmer. I will have to shower and dress at some point. Time to get back to work.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I love v8 too. If I drink soda it's always sugar free. Diet Coke or caffeine free diet coke.

Behan, have a good time at dinner.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

V8 is something I have to be in the mood for. It can go either way for me, lol

There's also the association with Bloody Mary's and tabasco. So, yeah...

It's kind of a like a liquid meal. I must have it on ice though, otherwise just can't do it.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
...holds the key

MisterChill....not having to hurry and get things done so drinking can commence is one of the awesome perks of sobriety! Well done!

This is random, but whatever happened to Mars bars? They had almonds instead of peanuts....I used to love those things!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Headed south on State Street, Chicago, on a friday afternoon.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Nice, old stately buildings, Ruby Beautiful clear skies, too.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Agreed brynn!

I didn't have a plan to quit. My plan went like this: physical > got blood work back > freaked out > no more booze. I'm kinda winging it and figuring it out as I go along.

Luckily I've been "thinking about quitting" for at least 3 years. Just never took it serious enough to think it through and know what to expect once I did it. I can already tell it will be a journey full of twists and turns and I've only taken a few steps down the path...
Old 05-23-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Further south on State Street, same day.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

good afternoon weekend warriors! I had to run to get more spikes for landscape repairs. I returned a couple items at lowes. I thought I needed 9 got 10 and used 8. For about 4 bucks the gal quickly took the receipt and told me the refund was put back on my visa. Yo! I used a gift card. She got argumentative with me telling me that it was put back on my visa. I tried to explain it was a gift card and the lady kept it yesterday. I said then go find the gift card and return it to me. Then I said never mind, I'll keep them. Well, she said you can't the money was already applied to your visa card. I can't go any further without invoking the big forbidden word...
Then I saw that the spikes I needed were 20 cents more than home depot's price. Home depot was handing out free hot dogs today.
HD was out of dogs when I got there - good thing. I got free plastic at HD from the pallets of mulch.

I sliced up a 3 lb london broil earlier and had it marinating - made myself a nice steak sandwich. Lunch over - back to digging in the dirt.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Ruby - don't go too far south....

Also, ukulele hula girl for the win!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

wtf - why can't I read my post. did someone post a huge photo or something?
Old 05-23-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

LB, That would be Southside Ruby You do know how to scroll, right?

Lol, or, scroll right.