Notices

Stay Sober Memorial Day Weekender May 21 - 26

Old 05-23-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

I love my hula girl, Bim! I've had one in each of my two recent cars. I won't end up in Georgia heading south but I go pretty darn far. I don't live far from I 57 which reads "Memphis" by my house. Even though that's a good 7 hour drive or so.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Vy kewl Pic, Rubester!

Lotsa 'nice' Graffiti on Euro Train Cars, and Underpasses. I especially like your Hula Girl composition!

Plus, Pix like that one sort out the Easily Confused. Hee hee...

OK, off to view Graffiti on Train Cars. A major Train Track runs adjacent to the Dog Park, and makes for easy Geek amusement.

BBL...
Old 05-23-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I want a hula girl.

I was more referring to the South Side of Chitown. Isn't it kind of a rough neighborhood? I haven't been to Chicago since 2000, so maybe it's all gentrified now?

Naw, that would be a lot of cleanup.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I want a hula girl.
I second that.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Take it, Bing...

- 'Mele Kalikimaka' - Bing Crosby -
Old 05-23-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

There's a raised train track that runs over the river downtown where we take the dogs. I got a really nice graffiti shot there once - "Fart" in HUGE elaborately done letters across the side of one train car
Old 05-23-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MisterChill View Post
Thanks for the encouraging words about a sober Friday, folks. It really means a lot to me. I'll be bluntly honest...it wasn't easy. Harder than I thought. Cravings became strong shortly after dinner. It's almost like my body knew it was Friday. haha

I won't say I felt like running to the store or anything but I'm looking forward to not feeling those in the evening at some point. My "witching hour" is between 6-8am. Gotta plan smartly for those hours for a while.
I'm in the same boat. I can go just fine all day, but as soon as I start having to think about making dinner and heading into the evening, I loose my resolve. Those cravings are mighty powerful. I'm thinking today I'll go for a long run about that time.... let my husband or kids cook. I'm probably better hydrated today since I haven't had a drink in 36 hours. Maybe the run will be easier...
Old 05-23-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

No wax museum today, but cooked some home made crackers. Taste so good. Probably the easiest thing I've ever cooked. You can make the dough in the time it takes to preheat the oven.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

SegCurly... That's a good idea. Keep busy. Change up the schedule and routine.

In other news.... The cranial Brazilian day two stubble acts like Velcro when trying to put on a tshirt. I was laughing at myself so hard when I got stuck. I am pretty sure the cats enjoyed it.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by MisterChill View Post

It's breezy today and my son knows we can't fly planes until near sunset if the winds die. He asked my if I was going to drink beer this afternoon and I said not at all this weekend. He was surprised and said "can we fly tonight?". I said absolutely if the winds die. Something I haven't said for countless weekends. Felt pretty good.
Thanks. I needed to cry today
Old 05-23-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Had a hula girl. Not all you would expect.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Cool pics Ruby. Given the number of people crossing between the cars in the first pic i'm guessing it was pretty busy.

Good that you have such decent weekend weather
Old 05-23-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Speaking of random what happened to Lady Gaga? I was a big fan.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I'm on a forced break. I went for the excavation and resetting the paver guides. I was on my last 10 inch nail - they actually don't make nine inch nails. And kablowy! Framing hammer glancing blow to spike and smashed my thumb between the pavement and - HAMMER. Blood actually squirted. I've smashed fingers before but this is the first time I had a blood shot. It's gonna hurt later.

I have a hula girl right here. she is sleeping at the moment.

Something I was talking about last week, in all my years I have never seen anyone painting graffiti. It was an overpass done intricately.
I've spent a lot of time in cities. Never saw graffiti being created.

Scroll right. Right.
Here's one for Southside Ruby. And no, those boots aren't for sale.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ow! You ok LBRAIN? Make sure you get it cleaned up properly. Important things fingers.

Saw the end of an interview with Ian Hunter the other day - he's 75 but looking quite well and talked about touring. There's hope for all of us.

3am till 5am is the time most self respecting graffiti artists ply their trade
Old 05-23-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I am south south and no, most of it isn't gentrified although my neighborhood is fine. Tons of city workers, bankers, lawyers, etc.

Hula girl is an air freshener I bought in the auto section in Target. She's awesome and easy to find.

I'm at my nephew's party. Should probably socialize.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Stuck to my plan. Healthy breakfast. Worked on all my cars. Did a ridiculous detail job on my wife's car. She walked outside, looked, walked inside and gave me a big kiss and hug. Boom!

Messed with my vegetable garden even though it didn't really need it. Cleaned my house with the kids. Called my mom and sister to catch up just cuz (I normally wait for them to call me).

Now I'm in an empty house, exhausted, and approaching my "witching hour". I feel pretty strong which is good because I wasn't so sure starting the day. Time to play my guitar REALLY LOUD until someone comes home.

Only 6 hours left in day 6...
Old 05-23-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Well, I just had a pretty bad craving. AV was trying to tell me to get smashed today and blow off my responsibilities. not going to happen.

This is day 3, and i haven't had more than 3 day of consecutive sobriety in more than 6 months.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FacingFuture View Post
Well, I just had a pretty bad craving. AV was trying to tell me to get smashed today and blow off my responsibilities. not going to happen.
Good for you!

Just tell your AV to go suck puke and kick it to the gutter!

Great to see you on the Sober Bus!

Old 05-23-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Keep strong FF and Misterchill. You can get through it. I had a rough time last weekend and I made it through with a lot of support from the great folks here