Notices

Class of May 2010

Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Day # 8 here...sleep still is hard to come by.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Your not alone snowman ... i'm on day 12 and this past weekend I had some trouble. Seems to come and go because last night I got the most sleep in a while, like six full hours and am actually feeling tired from time to time unlike last week when I was perpetually wired.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Would love to join the class of May 2010! On day three myself....looking forward to all the support we can give each other to create better lives for oursleves.

We can do it!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
SR Fan

So glad you decided to join us, Hopeful! Congratulations on day 3 and for making it through the weekend! Keep posting and filling us in on your progress - we're all going through the same things!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Originally Posted by AtlasMcGee View Post
When I came back out for the second load, I always over pack, the music was more clear. It was "lean on me", being played on the other side of the woods in whom evers backyard, I'm sure. Just a guy (he forgot the words during one part), someone playing the keys, & their buddies.
Wow - thanks for sharing that Atlas! That was amazing, and meant just for you! I expect things like that will happen more and more - like we have a different awareness now and a different energy field and are starting to tune into the love that's always there but we weren't, if that makes sense. (I think some people would put it in more religious terms?). But really, that's so cool. Makes me want to share something similar:

Now, I know people are going to think I'm really crazy here, but I've often gotten "messages" from birds. NO, they don't talk. I'm not THAT crazy. But, as I'm thinking a thought, a particular bird will land on my windowsill, or something of that nature. Two weeks ago, when I was really, really at my lowest, I noticed that everytime I looked at the birdfeeder, there was a bright red cardinal there. And the word STOP kept popping in my head (like "red is for stop" or something like that). It happened day after day for about a week. I mean, this male cardinal was SO RED...... Then after I got sober, I noticed a female cardinal was coming more and more to the feeder and I've watched her get bigger and bigger this week (pregnant) and I wondered is this a little message, too, like NEW life.......?!?!?! could be.....

Anyway, ya'll can make fun of me now!!!! haha

By the way, congratulations, Norther, on your chip!!!! That's awesome! I was lol-ing about the double post. Glad we all have the ability to begin laughing again, - what a gift!!

Crow and snowman - thought I had the sleeping licked for a couple days, and then last night (I even take Trazadone for insomnia and the first week it didn't seem to help much at all). Hope things get better!

Hello frankly, california, draciack, fluxcap (day 4 - yeah!), and everyone else -

WE CAN DO THIS IF WE TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Welcome Hopeful. Day three was the hardest for me so far. Day 7 - today - I feel just a little TOO zippy. Still, it's better than grinding through each darksome day thinking only about when I could start to drink, which is how I have spent so much (too much!) of my life.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Funny thing about the birds...this morning I was awakened by knocking. I sprang out of bed, almost panicked (It was 5:30am, no good news comes knocking at 5:30am) I ran to the window to see what was the matter (gee this sounds like the night before Christmas without the rhymes) and there were two magpies knocking at the pane that I frightened away. Ok, it's not much of a coincidence, but it is...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:42 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Greetings to all Mayflowers!

Well, it would have been 9 days for me but I blew it Friday night.

Trigger was a common one for me which I have tried to deal with during past attempts and don't wish to go into any great detail about at the moment. It is something I'm going to have to face up to and defeat in order to succeed.

Rather than let it turn into a spectacular bender I'm right back on the wagon again right away.

Went to an AA meeting yesterday.

So now its day 3 and more determined than ever.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Richard. We're all just a hairsbreadth away from a drink. Best of luck today.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Originally Posted by Richard54 View Post
Greetings to all Mayflowers!

Well, it would have been 9 days for me but I blew it Friday night.

Trigger was a common one for me which I have tried to deal with during past attempts and don't wish to go into any great detail about at the moment. It is something I'm going to have to face up to and defeat in order to succeed.

Rather than let it turn into a spectacular bender I'm right back on the wagon again right away.

Went to an AA meeting yesterday.

So now its day 3 and more determined than ever.
You're still a MayFlower - don't forget that!! You've just collected a little more "evidence" that we have no defense against the first drink. Together with other alcoholics, though, we really can be victorious. Thanks for the post!!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Way to put on the breaks after falling off Richard. I know that could not have been easy.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

That happened to me back in March and I definitely went on Mr Toad's wild ride after that.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Richard
Hi HopefulGirl - they're a good bunch here!

D
Old 05-10-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Richard, jumping right back on the sobriety train after one night of drinking is a helluva feat. Welcome back

Day 9 for me, and I went to my first AA meeting. The truth? It rocked. It was a warm, welcoming environment and I met a lot of cool, supportive people who explained some nuances about sobriety, the 12 steps, and just about functioning every day. My fears were so unfounded that looking back they are somewhat embarrassing

Sail on, MayFlowers!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

That's awesome Draciack! I'm glad u had a good experience

Glad you're back Richard!!

Welcome Hopeful! I'm sure you're going to find loads of encouragement here.

I feel ya'll on the rocky sleep...& when I do pass out I have to PEEL myself outta bed and usually end up running late to work. I do not need to be making a habit out of this.

ART&Cali--love the bird stories, I've been developing a small small obsession with them lately too. Mainly catching them out of the corner of my eye or directly up & just focusing on them soaring & how awesome that must be & feel like. Very calming.

It's great reading everyone's updates and other posts. Awesome Blossoming Mayflowers!!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Day 1

I guess if you don't admit it to yourself then you can't get better. I am 27 years old and have gone the last 2 years without going more than 4 days in a row without drinking to the point of being drunk. Those short periods of sobriety were only because I was somewhere where it was impossible (i.e. staying with the in-laws). My drink of choice is straight vodka and lately I go through at least 1/3 of a 750ml bottle a night, the last few days its been more like 1/2 the bottle. I usually drink at night when I get home from work and pop in a movie. Lately though I've begun sneaking drinks during the day (starting around 3PM) if its a weekend or I'm working at home. I want to quit because it seems like being hungover is normal to me, and if I go to bed only slightly drunk I feel SO much better the next day... which is saying that only being 1/2 hungover is a huge improvement. This can't possibly go on. Luckily I haven't destroyed my job or marriage with it, but if it continues to get worse I'm sure one day I will.

So here goes. Day 1.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Dop and welcome to the Class! I'm so glad that you're here talking about your alcohol problem. It IS hard to make that first admission to someone, but in my case, it felt like I was no longer alone. Drinking was SO consuming of my energy/thoughts/emotions. It really is a relief to lay it down. You need alot of support, though, to get through these first days. So keep posting. And if you feel like it gets to be too much physically, go to a doctor and get some medical help.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:00 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Welcome, Dopnguinbe, to the group Serious props to you for quitting before destroying your job or marriage. It took a near-catastrophe for me to realize alcohol could even be detrimental. Good to have you here.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:48 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Welcome Dop. Day eight for me. I have a little more energy and clarity than I know what to do with: not a problem I've had for quite some time! I'm caught up with everything at work and looking for more to do. I guess this is what the actual me is like. Who knew?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
SR Fan

ATTENTION MAYFLOWERS: Today's mission is to stay sober.

Don't worry about tomorrow or the weekend, do what you need to you, but also want you really want to do (within the law, of course). Be good to yourself. Work, eat, sleep, cry, scream, veg out, hang out at SR, whatever it takes..............

Just don't pick up a drink today. YOU CAN DO IT and....You will thank yourself tomorrow!!!!!

Happy Sober Tuesday! We're in this together!