View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
dopnguinbe

Day 1

I guess if you don't admit it to yourself then you can't get better. I am 27 years old and have gone the last 2 years without going more than 4 days in a row without drinking to the point of being drunk. Those short periods of sobriety were only because I was somewhere where it was impossible (i.e. staying with the in-laws). My drink of choice is straight vodka and lately I go through at least 1/3 of a 750ml bottle a night, the last few days its been more like 1/2 the bottle. I usually drink at night when I get home from work and pop in a movie. Lately though I've begun sneaking drinks during the day (starting around 3PM) if its a weekend or I'm working at home. I want to quit because it seems like being hungover is normal to me, and if I go to bed only slightly drunk I feel SO much better the next day... which is saying that only being 1/2 hungover is a huge improvement. This can't possibly go on. Luckily I haven't destroyed my job or marriage with it, but if it continues to get worse I'm sure one day I will.

So here goes. Day 1.