Notices

Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-17-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Thanks again everyone. You all rock! 🙂

Regarding the diet, I was in a position where I had to lose 10 pounds fairly quickly or I wouldn’t be able to fit into my dresses for the competition I went to last weekend. I succeeded there. But yes - I can and should be more gentle with myself from here on out.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! So quiet here. I hope everyone is ok.

To “like” posts I have to have it on the “desktop” version from my phone. :-)

Sounds like a good idea Foie. How are you doing today?
Old 03-17-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Please just assume I am "Thanks" to all the posts. I read everyone of them. They all help me.

Every day used to be St Patricks day in my little world. I am grateful I am not one of those people out there drinking in a bar today. Not that I would have been. I would have been already drunk sitting at home alone not even knowing what day it was.

I am getting help with the depression CG. Thank you for asking. And today is a better day. Interesting how I can tell what my mood will be before I even get out of bed. Got an appointment tomorrow with the doc. She has made it perfectly clear for me to call her if I am struggling. All part of the getting better.

I forget that it's not all that long ago I quit drinking. I sometimes think I am that same person who hadn't drank for years and felt so much better. I have to remember I am not that woman anymore. I am starting over again and the first few months can be a little on the tuff side.

It would be nice if when you quit drinking you pick up where you left off on living the sober life but unfortunately, that didn't happen for me. I will try to remember that when I think having a drink won't be a big deal.

FG....you just get back up on the horse and move forward. Everything is a lesson if we just take the time to realize what it is trying to teach us and adjust what isn't working and keep doing what is. I am glad you are here!

xoxo
Old 03-17-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Gosh, I didn't even remember that today was St. Patrick's day!
Old 03-17-2019, 01:47 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Morning all.
Big thing is you are still here FG.

Monday morning....busy week. Dunno if there's much happening for 'work' this week. See if the phone rings this morning.
Cangirl (yes, there is one. She's long distance) flies down here this coming weekend. So......preparations have to be made. Cleaning. Probably a busy week.

Day 50!

Have a good day ppl.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I’ve been up & down & all over the place emotionally lately. Just riding the waves of feelings. Had a pretty strong craving for a bit today while out in the sun by the lake. Many good memories there from before my drinking got out of hand & I could drink “normally”. But coincidentally enough, as we were leaving, we drove past my boyfriend’s old condo. The one who died from cirrhosis. So yeah, that brought me back to reality.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Today is a much better day. I feel like I have my equilibrium back.

Sorry you struggled today NotMe. It sure isn’t fun, is it? And hugs to you, shoes.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back FoieGras

D
Old 03-18-2019, 03:26 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I’m on my way to my first morning meeting. Went with my husband to see a show a dear old (sober and in recovery) friend was playing last night, left after her set, explained by saying I was planning to make it to this meeting and got a big hug. Strongly recommend reaching out to sober & in recovery people you know, and using the phone numbers folks give you at AA meetings. I wouldn’t be able to do this without this circle of support. Nervous about the meeting this morning - new people, first thing in the morning. But also at the (rock) show last night were drag performers including a friend of my friend who died from alcoholism the day I stopped drinking - 37 days ago. I wish he could have been there to cheer on his friend. Motivated today in his memory. May we all live a good long time.

Good of luck today, everyone. Early morning on the US easy coast...
Old 03-18-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Morning all.
Big thing is you are still here FG.

Monday morning....busy week. Dunno if there's much happening for 'work' this week. See if the phone rings this morning.
Cangirl (yes, there is one. She's long distance) flies down here this coming weekend. So......preparations have to be made. Cleaning. Probably a busy week.

Day 50!

Have a good day ppl.
Originally Posted by pupper View Post
I’m on my way to my first morning meeting. Went with my husband to see a show a dear old (sober and in recovery) friend was playing last night, left after her set, explained by saying I was planning to make it to this meeting and got a big hug. Strongly recommend reaching out to sober & in recovery people you know, and using the phone numbers folks give you at AA meetings. I wouldn’t be able to do this without this circle of support. Nervous about the meeting this morning - new people, first thing in the morning. But also at the (rock) show last night were drag performers including a friend of my friend who died from alcoholism the day I stopped drinking - 37 days ago. I wish he could have been there to cheer on his friend. Motivated today in his memory. May we all live a good long time.

Good of luck today, everyone. Early morning on the US easy coast...
I’m sorry about your friend Pupper. (((Hug)))

And I completely agree about AA & needing people in recovery. I couldn’t do it without my face to face recovery friends. And YOU guys of course! I need all the support I can get!
Old 03-18-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FoieGras View Post
Today is a much better day. I feel like I have my equilibrium back.

Sorry you struggled today NotMe. It sure isn’t fun, is it? And hugs to you, shoes.

Yay Foie! I’m so glad you feel better!
Old 03-18-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NotMe2pls View Post
Hello everyone! I’ve been up & down & all over the place emotionally lately. Just riding the waves of feelings. Had a pretty strong craving for a bit today while out in the sun by the lake. Many good memories there from before my drinking got out of hand & I could drink “normally”. But coincidentally enough, as we were leaving, we drove past my boyfriend’s old condo. The one who died from cirrhosis. So yeah, that brought me back to reality.
Hi NM2: I totally understand the “euphoric recall” from the “good ole days”. I have been trying really hard to avoid places I used to go when I was drinking for that very reason. Our oldest son goes to the same college we went to and partied at so every time we take him back to his dorm on campus...BAM! Craving! It’s annoying. Yesterday I wasn’t feeling so strong & didn’t want to risk it so my husband took him back to college and I went to a meeting. Good decision.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:16 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

CONGRATS ON DAY 50 CANGUY!!! Woo hoo!
Old 03-18-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
Gosh, I didn't even remember that today was St. Patrick's day!

Lol! Me either. I’ve never really made a big deal about St. Patrick’s Day. Yesterday was also my kitten’s 1st Birthday so we celebrated that!
Old 03-18-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Please just assume I am "Thanks" to all the posts. I read everyone of them. They all help me.

Every day used to be St Patricks day in my little world. I am grateful I am not one of those people out there drinking in a bar today. Not that I would have been. I would have been already drunk sitting at home alone not even knowing what day it was.

I am getting help with the depression CG. Thank you for asking. And today is a better day. Interesting how I can tell what my mood will be before I even get out of bed. Got an appointment tomorrow with the doc. She has made it perfectly clear for me to call her if I am struggling. All part of the getting better.

I forget that it's not all that long ago I quit drinking. I sometimes think I am that same person who hadn't drank for years and felt so much better. I have to remember I am not that woman anymore. I am starting over again and the first few months can be a little on the tuff side.

It would be nice if when you quit drinking you pick up where you left off on living the sober life but unfortunately, that didn't happen for me. I will try to remember that when I think having a drink won't be a big deal.

FG....you just get back up on the horse and move forward. Everything is a lesson if we just take the time to realize what it is trying to teach us and adjust what isn't working and keep doing what is. I am glad you are here!

xoxo
I totally relate to this 360! It’s a good reminder to be GENTLE eith myself for a while. Glad you are feeling better. (((Hugs)))
Old 03-18-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Well....here is my “official” check in. Lol.

Today is day 42 and I feel a little bit better each day. My sleep is still kinda messed up but I’ve always kinda struggled with that. Today I plan to be gentle with myself (very hard task because I’m my own worst enemy).

I’m meeting 2 friends at an AA meeting tonight. It’s a speaker meeting. I like hearing someone tell their story of recovery. It offers lots of hope!

I went to a really good meeting last night too. Great topics & I got some more tools for my sobriety tool bag!

Anyone like March Madness basketball tourney? I love it & can’t wait til the games this week!
Old 03-18-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

My favorite college (Michigan State) is in it, so I will follow them. But I’m a very casual watcher of basketball.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Checking in to say that morning meeting was great - very glad to start my day with that positivity. As someone there said, in an evening meeting you bring your day with you - with a morning meeting you bring that into your day. Feeling it. And I made an AA friend today.

Related: this article that SoberSoul Recovery shared on Facebook today, with the quote below which - wow - resonates a lot with me and speaks to why I've found these meetings so helpful:

"Something I hear a lot in meetings – especially from women, is that they felt different and out of place as a child. This was certainly the case for me. I was more or less born a tiny forty-year-old. I was strange. I was never comfortable. Sure I made friends, and some very good ones at that. But in most situations where I met new people, they usually didn’t take to me right away.

And then? Alcohol. The great social lubricant that made me outgoing and charming. (Or at least it did in my own head). It allowed me to mix with people and be silly. It let me have fun. Until it didn’t."

(I don't have enough posts to link directly, so you'd have to find the anonymous mommy website and the article about making new mom-friends from August 2017)
Old 03-18-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I used to go to 7 am meetings....great way to start your day pupper! Now I do SR...but, hey, whatever works! Solved a major crisis this morning and FOUND MY PHONE!!! It's been "lost" since mid-morning yesterday, and I have SO needed it, since I am in the middle of working on this case with my lawyer friend! She wants to file complaints today, and she wanted me to review them...but I didn't have her number to call her back So, now the day can move on as plannedHave to go to the doc with hubby about his nose and (again) doing paperwork. Yesterday turned out to be a GREAT day! Walked, did LOTS of gardening (planting new plants) ....such that my thighs hurt from squatting....AND even paid bills! Never would have been able to do this if I were drinking! I took my "cancer nap" in the afternoon and slept until 6:00pm! Hubby made dinner, so I got even MORE of a break! I've been up since 5:30 am (naturally), but I had a TERRIBLE night's sleep....(probably because of the long nap) but I am up and at 'em already today! Hope all are well....another sober day...YES!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:49 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FoieGras View Post
My favorite college (Michigan State) is in it, so I will follow them. But I’m a very casual watcher of basketball.
Michigan State is GOOD!!! I think they have a chance to win it all!