Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-27-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Congrats Addy!!

Hopefully you are somewhere warm.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Congrats Addy! Good to "see you Canguy! Well, today HAS to be better than yesterday! Won't know until hubby wakes up...lol. Spent yesterday with him, waiting while he had 4 molars pulled, bone grafts and screws for implants....getting him home and situated, and nagging him about his new "routine" for the next week. Lots of restrictions, and it will be tough for him to eat, so I will have to be aa "nursemaid" for a few days, at least, SOUP FOR DINNER!

He's not really a good patient....grumpy, uncomfortable, etc.....boy, did I want to drink yesterday. All kinds of rationalizations.....but I drove right by our neighborhood store on the way home. Could have easily stopped for a bottle of wine!
Hoping my car is finished in the body shop today... never know how much gas to put in a rental car, especially when they say, "Oh, you can return it empty"! I have bloodwork to do as well, AND, of course the flight to Boston has yet to be figured out....neverending story....lol...Hang in there everyone, and have another great, sober day!
Old 03-27-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Checking in: I did not drink last night when out with my old friend visiting from out of town. I took us on a nice long walk, then dinner at a place with an interesting menu I knew wasn't dependent on the drinks menu (learned recently that a restaurant I thought was fabulous was actually just trendy with super-salty dishes that made folks want to drink more - in my case, this last time, seltzer). Last night my friend ordered a glass of wine, and I asked for a seltzer. The waiter made a "joke" about how he wouldn't serve me seltzer without vodka in it, and laughed. I felt the bottom fall out of my stomach and waited for him to stop laughing and ask me if I wanted lemon or lime in my seltzer. My friend asked me once if I wanted to taste her wine (exclaiming what a good grape it was, etc etc) but dropped it when I said no thank you.

Damn, I feel like I walked through fire.

Today is day 46. Grateful for all of you and for the community I've found in meetings. Stay strong, y'all.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
Feeling a bit concerned about how much I am sleeping! Went to bed at 8 and slept until 7, and that's not counting the 2 hour nap I had yesterday! I think it might be boredom (even though I have soooo much to do!) or avoidance behavior. As I have mentioned before, I LOVE sleeping as it provides an "escape", so to speak. Thus, my desk is still covered in paperwork....ugh! Today I am going to try to NOT take a nap and see how late I stay up! I have great plans to make some progress today...but, we'll see what happens!
I totally relate to this trudging! I have been sleeping alot too and I never feel rested! Im exhausted actually. I also have insomnia so I guess Im not "sleeping" but I am trying to sleep. Our bodies are probably just healing and it will level out soon if we continue to stay sober. (I hope because I am tired of feeling like a zombie straight out of The Walking Dead show. )
Old 03-27-2019, 09:17 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
I will still go to meetings Addy. I like the people too. I just couldn't do the working the program right now anymore than I can. I was in rehab years ago so it's not like I don't know it pretty well. I don't really have a problem with knowing how to live a decent life. I just don't give a sh*t to do it when I am drinking. So as long as I don't drink, I do pretty well with SR support. If I get in a pickle, I will reach out to someone before I do anything stupid.
HEY...I support each individual doing whatever works for them! We are all different people.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:17 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lastchance77 View Post
Sober for daughter’s party. 2 years in a row now!
Woo Hoo!
Old 03-27-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FoieGras View Post
Hi guys! I’m still here. Still sick. Developed a sinus infection, was on steroids (so I ate all the things) and am battling an antibiotic from Hell. I think I am going to call the VA tomorrow and ask fir something different - this one was prescribed by urgent care and is causing some pretty significant abdominal/stomach pain.

But not drinking - and don’t want to this time being sick. I just want my stomach back to normal.
Are you finally feeling any better Foie?
Old 03-27-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Congrats on getting a sponsor Pupper!
Old 03-27-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
I try to remember that AA isn't exactly full of perfect people. Or a room full of medical experts. Just a group of people trying their best to stay sober. So I take what works and don't pay too much attention to any controversy.
So very true!!!
Old 03-27-2019, 09:23 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
The men all make a show of 'throwing it back', but not really serious drinkers. They stop then wander off home.
YEP! ROOKIES!!!
Old 03-27-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Youre doing great Trudging! KEEP TRUDGING!!! We are all in this together. Stick close. Be sure to take care of yourself too. My sponsor always tells me to make sure I don't get Hungry Angry Lonely Tired Stressed. HALT.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pupper View Post
Last night my friend ordered a glass of wine, and I asked for a seltzer. The waiter made a "joke" about how he wouldn't serve me seltzer without vodka in it, and laughed. I felt the bottom fall out of my stomach and waited for him to stop laughing and ask me if I wanted lemon or lime in my seltzer.
OMG this kinda stuff really pisses me off and I have started to be VERY honest with people to make them feel as uncomfortable as me. I just say..."I don't drink anymore because I am an ALCOHOLIC and could DIE." Then I wait for them to start squirming. lol
Old 03-27-2019, 03:46 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Mornin,

Being pushed to drink hasn't been a big problem for me. No social life, no problem, lol.
But goin out to dinner tomorro night when it could be. And it will be tempting.
Bigger problem is often thinking that cangirl would like some evening wine while dinner happening. But don't know if I could handle that.

Day 60. Still some effects I think. Itching legs at night still. Just have to give it time.
Have a good day all...
Old 03-27-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Administrator

'Grats on 50 canguy

D
Old 03-29-2019, 12:43 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Friday evening.
A hard day, been waiting for a decision which arrived today and the outcome not good. This evening......goin out to dinner with a friend who will be looking forward to having a few drinks. Its Friday evening.....its been a bad day on a number of fronts, and now I've got to front a situation with a couple of ppl that are going to want to kick back and have a couple of drinks. They will think it will be a very good idea for me to relax and do the same. Being sober solo has its difficulties, but you don't get to have to deal with this.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:39 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Administrator

Make good choices Canguy - most people can make a decision to drink and don't have to live with it for week months or years at a time - we do.

Drinking is not going to help your disappointment but staying sober just might.

D
Old 03-29-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Did the dinner on tonic water. Waitress didn't realise that you can drink it on its own. She came back wanting to know what it was to be mixed with. We settled on a slice of lemon
So its Day 62.

Have a good day everybody.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Looks like it’s just you and me Canguy! Where’d everyone else go? (Sigh)

Canguy...Congrats on 62 days & great job not drinking evil poison!

Day 53 for me.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:13 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Addy47 View Post
Hey everyone! Looks like it’s just you and me Canguy! Where’d everyone else go? (Sigh)

Canguy...Congrats on 62 days & great job not drinking evil poison!

Day 53 for me.
I'm still here! I lurk a lot but don't post often... Typing is dumb on my phone. Day 55! I got a lot of problems, but drinking ain't one. 😃 Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend so far!
Old 03-29-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hello Addy, hi Lipstuck.......it has been a bit quiet lately.
Maybe the others are away for the weekend.....