Notices

Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-10-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
.....checking in Addy. 42 days here
Been v busy writing submissions for this development they want to put in opposite my apartment. Thumping disco gymnasium from 5.15 am weekdays.
Been reading a lot of planning codes and writing. Not a fun way to spend a weekend. But no way I could do it if drinking.

Ok.....its late afternoon here. The rest of the day is my own. Maybe do the daily hours walk around the river. Want to shift the 5kg that the last drinking epic resulted in. Relaxes the mind too.

All the best all.
Canguy!!! 42 days! Woohoo!
Old 03-10-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lascaux View Post
Checking in - I'm still here on Day 22!
Look at YOU! 22 days!
Old 03-10-2019, 09:44 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lightanddark View Post
Checking in guys, at day 15.

Been feeling pretty down as of the last few days. Putting off a lot of things I need to do. Gonna go for a run and start to tackle them today and see how some natural endorphins and progress makes me feel.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey L&D! Congrats on 15 days! You’re doing so well! Did the run help?
Old 03-10-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
Missed checking in yesterday....lots going on....Besides travel planning, I was just called in on a (school) case as an advocate (for families with children who have special needs)....so lots MORE paperwork!! At least I am able to do it now that I am sober! It's pretty amazing how much I can get done now
I know, right?!? Crazy how much I can get done and how much more fun I am having! :-)
Old 03-10-2019, 09:48 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NotMe2pls View Post
Hey y’all! Checking in at 6 weeks AF. I’m doin ok. Actually I’m a bit down. I have zero energy. Sleeping is still off. Up at night. Naps during the day. Absolutely no drive whatsoever. The only thing that makes me feel good is not drinking. That’s all I’m doing right. Just wishing I had more good feelings at this point because of it. It’s hard to explain. A lot going on in my head. Just can’t seem to get my body to follow. Even doing the most basic things like taking a shower feels like an enormous hurdle. Idk. Seems like it shouldn’t be this way.
I totally relate to this. ^^^ Some days I’m barely motivated to get out of bed! You know what? I’m tired! And it’s ok! My mind and body are healing and so are yours. If all we accomplish in a day is staying sober than that’s ENOUGH in my opinion. The other stuff will come later. 6 weeks is amazing!
Old 03-10-2019, 09:50 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

NotMe2pls Nice one on going 6 weeks.

Sounds very similar to me no drive at all, to the detriment of my deadlines. But I'm sure you are doing more right than just not drinking. I tend to get stuck in negative thought patterns too, but if not drinking really is all you are doing well then that counts for more than anything. Because that's the hardest and the thing that counts most.

I thought the same today, "it shouldn't be this way", "i should feel happier", etc... but I don't think it 'should' be any way. It is what it is. We just got to look to the future and imagine that in time things will get
easier and better due to this choice we have made.
Thank you for this! Love it!!! ^^^

Old 03-10-2019, 09:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NotMe2pls View Post
Thanks lightanddark. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one feeling this way. It’s great that you are able to get yourself to run. I really need to get to the gym. Every day I tell myself I’m going to force myself to go. But I just can’t seem to get out of bed. Even though I KNOW it’ll make me feel better. I used to be a fitness professional! Now I’m 100 lbs heavier. So when I say I’ve made a mess of my life & health I really mean it. And yes, I’m on an antidepressant & have been for awhile.
Hopefully this week with my kids will give me a boost.

Anyway, thanks for the support!
(((NotMe2))) Hang in there. We will all get there and have amazing lives.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:55 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
This is not the best its gonna get guys ... keep going - it's worth it I promise

D

YAY! I can’t wait! Thanks for the hope Dee.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:56 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimiC View Post
Wow, I feel very similar. Not much energy and try to fit in a quick nap after work if I can. I have to get back in the gym this week and look forward to some bike rides soon when it warms up some.

Hey Jimi!
Old 03-10-2019, 10:00 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Well....I guess I better go to bed soon! It’s late!

I had a nice weekend. Exercised a lot which really helps me in a million ways, went to a studio to make pottery with a friend Saturday and went to a college basketball game & dinner today/tonight. Feels good to be sober. DAY 35.

Anyone heard from LiveHer?
Old 03-11-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Another day of running around today.....such a catch 22 since I have so much to do at home! Boy, I wouldn't be able to say that before I quit drinking!
Old 03-11-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

How is everyone doing today?

I'm doing a lot better than yesterday. Was feeling anxious AF, but fought through it. Still going strong.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Still here! I have had a bad cold. Today is the first day I have been upright. I may not last long though. Bed is sounding pretty good.

I try to not do the "shoulds" too much. I have had too many years of dealing with those. They just make my anxiety worse. I am trying to be a little kinder to myself these days. I should do and be a lot of things. Right now I am just focusing on how I should not drink and should take care of myself. One problem at a time.

I met up with 2 women I went to high school with for dinner this weekend. I haven't seen them in 34 years. They don't really drink so it wasn't a big deal. Plus I was an at home drinker anyway. I just told them I don't drink when they said we would meet in the restaurant bar before dinner for drinks. I said I don't drink alcohol but you knock yourself out. They had 1 that lasted all night. i don't eat meat either so I guess I am now one of those pain in the arses when it comes to picking out restaurants.

It was fun but the interesting thing was that both of these women who neither have drinking issues have been dealing with depression too. They have had their share of problems to deal with. So I had a good lesson on life can be tough for everyone one way or another. It's just life.

I don't expect life to be easy. Heck. I'm just happy that I don't feel bad about myself and with a little time, I will handle that stuff just fine.

It's a little bit of a roller coaster ride with the ups and downs of depression with some days getting a break and those are really good. Big improvement for me I can tell you.

It gets better. I remember it being better. We will get there.
xoxo
Old 03-11-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Still here! I have had a bad cold. Today is the first day I have been upright. I may not last long though. Bed is sounding pretty good.

I try to not do the "shoulds" too much. I have had too many years of dealing with those. They just make my anxiety worse. I am trying to be a little kinder to myself these days. I should do and be a lot of things. Right now I am just focusing on how I should not drink and should take care of myself. One problem at a time.

I met up with 2 women I went to high school with for dinner this weekend. I haven't seen them in 34 years. They don't really drink so it wasn't a big deal. Plus I was an at home drinker anyway. I just told them I don't drink when they said we would meet in the restaurant bar before dinner for drinks. I said I don't drink alcohol but you knock yourself out. They had 1 that lasted all night. i don't eat meat either so I guess I am now one of those pain in the arses when it comes to picking out restaurants.

It was fun but the interesting thing was that both of these women who neither have drinking issues have been dealing with depression too. They have had their share of problems to deal with. So I had a good lesson on life can be tough for everyone one way or another. It's just life.

I don't expect life to be easy. Heck. I'm just happy that I don't feel bad about myself and with a little time, I will handle that stuff just fine.

It's a little bit of a roller coaster ride with the ups and downs of depression with some days getting a break and those are really good. Big improvement for me I can tell you.

It gets better. I remember it being better. We will get there.
xoxo
Love this post 360. I related to so much of it. I totally understand the roller coaster ride. I’ve been riding it too. Let’s just ride it ours it will level out. And thanks for the reminder about the “shoulds”. I do that all the time and am so hard on myself. Sometimes staying sober is enough.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Checking in! Almost 5 weeks sober. I feel a tiny bit better each day but like 360 said it’s definitely a roller coaster ride. I’ll take it though.

Hey Trudging and Evoo! Evoo I’m doing ok today. Kinda getting a late start to the day but I’m trying not to put pressure on myself. How are you?
Old 03-11-2019, 05:33 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Addy yes the run did help, a great deal, now if I can only make it a habit i'd be flying it. I'm planning on joining a football league Wednesday too, trying to find other things that don't involve drinking that I can do as I am getting a bit down in my (necessary) isolation. I neither can nor wan't to join my friends in pubs or clubs.

We are all in this rollacoaster together, but at least in sobriety, with time we can actually focus on these emotions such as feeling down, and anxiety etc, and ACTUALLY find the root cause. Sometimes there is more behind it than the substance abuse issues, sometimes they are a symptom of more (of course paradoxically substances just make things worse and become an issue in themselves as we all know!). For me alcohol was being used to suppress those feelings, drugs to not have to feel at all bar feeling good for a few hours. Then so much time would be spent trying to feel 'normal' again, then to just repeat the cycle by getting all fudged up again when I started to finally feel better. All this was proving to be a massive distraction to actually solving my issues. And that's just one reason among many that I am staying sober.

Evo and 360 I'm glad you guys are doing better. I feel like I am too, overall anxiety is way down. I'm having more good days than bad.

Only thing now is the clash between my old life (drinking buddies, girlfriend still using) and my new life of sobriety. BUT...I'm done people pleasing, I'm putting my sobriety first.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:25 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Addy yes the run did help, a great deal, now if I can only make it a habit i'd be flying it. I'm planning on joining a football league Wednesday too, trying to find other things that don't involve drinking that I can do as I am getting a bit down in my (necessary) isolation. I neither can nor wan't to join my friends in pubs or clubs.

We are all in this rollacoaster together, but at least in sobriety, with time we can actually focus on these emotions such as feeling down, and anxiety etc, and ACTUALLY find the root cause. Sometimes there is more behind it than the substance abuse issues, sometimes they are a symptom of more (of course paradoxically substances just make things worse and become an issue in themselves as we all know!). For me alcohol was being used to suppress those feelings, drugs to not have to feel at all bar feeling good for a few hours. Then so much time would be spent trying to feel 'normal' again, then to just repeat the cycle by getting all fudged up again when I started to finally feel better. All this was proving to be a massive distraction to actually solving my issues. And that's just one reason among many that I am staying sober.

Evo and 360 I'm glad you guys are doing better. I feel like I am too, overall anxiety is way down. I'm having more good days than bad.

Only thing now is the clash between my old life (drinking buddies, girlfriend still using) and my new life of sobriety. BUT...I'm done people pleasing, I'm putting my sobriety first.
‘drugs to not have to feel at all bar feeling good for a few hours.’ I so relate to that. And drinking is only really nice for about half an hour. The rest of our time is struggle. Hardly seems worth it
Old 03-12-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Hi all. Still here too - was at the tail end of my trip then had to work right away. Crazy.

Glad to see activity here!
Old 03-12-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning class of February 2019!

It's been a few weeks for me since I was last on here. Hit my one month milestone on Saturday and returned to the first meeting I'd attended at my 1-week point. Felt good about getting my coin.

It had been 2.5 weeks since my last meeting because I came down with bronchitis, then my elderly father was hospitalized and care for my disabled brother fell to me. Excuses, I know. I could have found a meeting in my small hometown. But I felt overwhelmed and white-knuckled it through my time home sick (listening to sobriety podcasts at least 4 hours every day) and in my hometown caregiving (between time by my father's hospital bed and sorting out my brother's needs, I barely had time for an hour a day but I did it). I'm looking forward to returning to the women's meeting I liked so much 3 weeks ago.

On the topic of recovery as a woman, I started listening to the audiobook of A Woman's Way Through the 12 Steps and the narrator is so distracting! She uses these silly voices for quoting different women's narratives, it's driving me nuts but I'm powering through because I only have time to "read" audiobooks...

...and I don't yet have a sponsor and I'm afraid to start the steps (because of steps 4, 5, & 9) but I guess some folks wait months to start? I'm also jumping into trauma therapy and wow this is just a lot.

ANYWAY, that's me right now, hi, thank you for being here.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:10 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

And drinking is only really nice for about half an hour. The rest of our time is struggle

So true, Just the first 4. Then it turns worse, everytime.

Good to see you back again pupper. You have been doing incredibly well in difficult circumstances.

I just dont have much to say really........seem to get v quiet without alcohol.