Notices

Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-13-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
OH! AND....yesterday we both met with the periodontist for 3 hours! It seems hubby needs about 10 implants! I have 2 left to do. Not sure how we'll afford this. I did receive quite a large inheritance last year, but we are looking at between 30-35,000 dollars! Soooo we will be going over THAT today as well! AND....life goes on....

Holy cow!!! That’s a lot of money! Does insurance help?
Old 03-13-2019, 09:36 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Well as you can see I log on to SR in spurts. Lol. I don’t always have time to log in so when I DO I catch up! Haha.

Today is day 37 and I feel a little better each day. I never wanna go back to drinking. Ever.

I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

oy, did I WANT to!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

yes, insurance helps, but they don't cover implants!
Old 03-13-2019, 05:00 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to all you guys - you're doing this!

D
Old 03-13-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Dee...you have ALWAYS been so insightful and encouraging....thank you for all you do! Can I help in any way?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:46 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Well gang, I FINISHED!!!! If I must say so myself, I wrote a GREAT State complaint/facts/resolution for my friend, the lawyer, who will be filing it (and taking all of the credit...lol). I do't care. I did my job and hopefully helped yet one more student and single mother.....time will tell!
Old 03-13-2019, 07:30 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi trudging

nah, I never do more than I can handle these days - 'sall good

you guys help a lot by just posting to each other and keeping out of trouble - that makes my job so much easier, believe me

D
Old 03-14-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good morning gang! I am struggling with anger and frustration this morning. I think it's partly out of anxiety about spending time with 3 old friends tonight who I'm used to having wine/cocktails with. I've told them all that I don't drink and I know that they are supportive, but it will be weird... and last night at women's group everyone - including me - seemed to feel exhausted and wrung-out. Instead of the recharged feeling I got from the last time I went to that group, I left feeling... validated but not more positive than when I went in.

I finished the A Woman's Way Through the 12 Steps (great book, awful audiobook narrator), and am downloading the same author's book Awakening Your Sexuality: A Guide for Recovering Women onto Kindle for iPhone. My first book-book for a long while, but I feel like I need it. Getting sober has brought so much to the fore, and realizing that this is all connected... it's a lot.

I'm acknowledging here that we are all dealing with a LOT, and our new sobriety and fresh recovery is an integral piece of all of it. Deep breaths. Today is a new day.

I didn't yell at anyone on my commute in this morning. It was close.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Well, today I am doing stellar! Feeling very accomplished! Still have a lot of other paperwork/bills to do, but that is now minutiae....YAY! Unfortunately, I actually had to block my own daughter from my phone. I gave her $10,000. in January and another $5000. in Feb. Last night she texted me asking for me to buy her a new phone (since she loses them, breaks them, etc.) When I said "no, don't you have enough money to buy your own phone?" She continued to be verbally abusive (as she has in the past...encouraged by her low-life, addict boyfriend), saying horrible things about me and then saying 'I HATE YOU" about 10 times. That was followed by her saying that they received a 30 day notice to move, and that it is MY fault. (I visited her the daay before I got sober, so I had drank a full bottle of wine before I left). She says I caused a scene....NOT. Although I admit I was drunk, and I even sent her an apology letter, BUT there was NO scene. I did not blackout (that day) and I distinctly remember that we got into an argument, and I said, "I'm leaving", and walked out the door. I DID get confused with cars, since I had a white SUV loaner car (aren't all vehicles white?...lol) and tried to get into a white SUV that wasn't mine. I realized it....and then just walked 2 cars back to my loaner. I got in and left. (Should have gotten a DUI, but somehow I made it home just fine). NO SCENE.....BUT....she blames me for EVERYTHING, and now says that they are going to end up homeless (again), but this time it will "be 20x worse"). I have told her many times that she can sstay with us, to get her feet on the ground", but she won't have it. Sooooo I know that I have to "detach with love", but I am really tired of being the "bad guy". She never calls me....only texts me...usually foor $$$, but enough is enough! It was a rough evening, but I am glad that I blocked her/him.....don't need the abuse, when all I have done is help.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:57 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Ugh, trudgingagain, I'm so sorry the situation with your daughter is so fraught. In my experiences with loved ones behaving this way, it's always worsened when I've pulled away, found greater stability away from that person, etc. I'm proud of you for accomplishing all you have, and for being able to take pleasure in that achievement!
Old 03-14-2019, 09:53 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thanks, pupper.....when my kids were little, I rarely took them to see my mother since she was a raging and mean alcoholic (she literally died from alcoholism...all of her organs stopped functioning,,,,we had to "pull the plug") so I would get it if that were the case with me....but...I was sober their entire childhood (through the 12th grade). Each of them (2 daughters) now seem to have "disowned" me. I have never seen my oldest daughter's son (born in Nov 2016) and now this with my youngest. So very hurtful, but SOME things are my fault (due to drinking).....despite apologies, nothing changes.....living amends are all I can do right now....and see what happens.....
Old 03-14-2019, 05:12 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Morning G'hogs.

Pupper, trudge. Family stuff will just take time. Maybe quite a bit.
My immediate family relations are ok, but sister in law has offed me (interestingly, there is a brother in her own family who has been treated the same way). This means I barely know my nieces and they I'm a slightly threatening presence to them I think.

Anyway. Trudging.....you seem to be a generous parent. Don't forget that addicts will use anybody and any lever they can find to keep the tap on. Maybe that is being done to you?

Ok.....I'm in no place to be handing out advice.

Been busy, all goin ok.

This is hard to explain......but does anybody else want to drink when things are going well? Just sit back and have a bit of a celebration? Always a tempter to me. Guess I've learned that its not really enjoyed unless its enjoyed drunk.
Bit sad when I write it down....
Old 03-14-2019, 05:22 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah my reasons for drinking list got longer and longer...the good times were as much a trigger for me as the bad Canguy.

You'll enjoy things sober again, I promise

D
Old 03-14-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

yes, insurance helps, but they don't cover implants!
Ugh!!! That SUCKS!!!!!
Old 03-14-2019, 06:14 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Well gang, I FINISHED!!!! If I must say so myself, I wrote a GREAT State complaint/facts/resolution for my friend, the lawyer, who will be filing it (and taking all of the credit...lol). I do't care. I did my job and hopefully helped yet one more student and single mother.....time will tell!

Great job Trudging!!!
Old 03-14-2019, 06:17 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

(((Pupper))) (((trudging)))

I have been craving all freaking day. I’ve practically OD’d on chocolate to combat it. Unfortunately I’ve reached my calorie budget so can’t have any more. Sigh.

Maybe I should go to bed early.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:18 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pupper View Post
Good morning gang! I am struggling with anger and frustration this morning. I think it's partly out of anxiety about spending time with 3 old friends tonight who I'm used to having wine/cocktails with. I've told them all that I don't drink and I know that they are supportive, but it will be weird... and last night at women's group everyone - including me - seemed to feel exhausted and wrung-out. Instead of the recharged feeling I got from the last time I went to that group, I left feeling... validated but not more positive than when I went in.

I finished the A Woman's Way Through the 12 Steps (great book, awful audiobook narrator), and am downloading the same author's book Awakening Your Sexuality: A Guide for Recovering Women onto Kindle for iPhone. My first book-book for a long while, but I feel like I need it. Getting sober has brought so much to the fore, and realizing that this is all connected... it's a lot.

I'm acknowledging here that we are all dealing with a LOT, and our new sobriety and fresh recovery is an integral piece of all of it. Deep breaths. Today is a new day.

I didn't yell at anyone on my commute in this morning. It was close.
How are you today Pupper? Did you meet your friends last night?
Old 03-14-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

(((Trudging))) Hang in there! That’s really hard. It sounds like your daughter is completely taking advantage of you and trying to guilt you into helping her. It also sounds like she needs some help with addiction herself??? By not helping her financially you are perhaps helping her more than she realizes right now. She has to get in enough pain to want to change. You can love her but you don’t have to love her to death or support/accept her horrendous behavior. I think you did not the right thing detaching with love!

Let’s jist keep working on OURSELVES. Everything else will work itself out. (((Hug)))
Old 03-14-2019, 06:28 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FoieGras View Post
(((Pupper))) (((trudging)))

I have been craving all freaking day. I’ve practically OD’d on chocolate to combat it. Unfortunately I’ve reached my calorie budget so can’t have any more. Sigh.

Maybe I should go to bed early.
That sucks Foie! Maybe bed would be a good idea! What time is it where you are?