Old 03-17-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
360shoes

Please just assume I am "Thanks" to all the posts. I read everyone of them. They all help me.

Every day used to be St Patricks day in my little world. I am grateful I am not one of those people out there drinking in a bar today. Not that I would have been. I would have been already drunk sitting at home alone not even knowing what day it was.

I am getting help with the depression CG. Thank you for asking. And today is a better day. Interesting how I can tell what my mood will be before I even get out of bed. Got an appointment tomorrow with the doc. She has made it perfectly clear for me to call her if I am struggling. All part of the getting better.

I forget that it's not all that long ago I quit drinking. I sometimes think I am that same person who hadn't drank for years and felt so much better. I have to remember I am not that woman anymore. I am starting over again and the first few months can be a little on the tuff side.

It would be nice if when you quit drinking you pick up where you left off on living the sober life but unfortunately, that didn't happen for me. I will try to remember that when I think having a drink won't be a big deal.

FG....you just get back up on the horse and move forward. Everything is a lesson if we just take the time to realize what it is trying to teach us and adjust what isn't working and keep doing what is. I am glad you are here!

xoxo