Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-11-2018, 09:47 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Another great weekend coming to a close. Like a lot of people, I think a good part of a sobriety plan is to stay busy, which I usually manage to do. I work a lot and just keep my days full.
Congrats on staying on the sober train, everyone, as wildflower puts it! It's funny, because I refer to the danger of relapse as getting back on the crazy train.
I hope all the Febs had a great, sober weekend. Thanks for letting me hang here, I really appreciate it.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:02 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

OOTT, we appreciate you contributing and hanging with us!

I found out my old neighbor who used to babysit my brother and I died from alcohol related complications. She was in her early sixties and her Mom was an alcoholic. I put RIP & her name in my plan as a blunt reminder of our life or death battles.

Have a great SOBER week everybody!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

OOTT super glad you are hanging here and now an adventure awaits with Superchunk!

JCNY-.. so very sorry to hear of that loss. You've inspired me to bust out my plan that I have written out as well and start adding to it and just going over it regularly.

I'm pretty happy this weekend is over it was crazy busy with lots of family commitments. My son won first place for a Deca marketing competition. He's a little genius and only 16 years old. my sister was released from prison yesterday as well. As a gift I took her to get groceries. LOL she is starting from scratch so that was a nice expensive gift. Her house is very nice in downtown with a pretty view of the buildings. It was built in 1920. It is a typical halfway house where women are starting their lives over after prison. She will be in a drug program. I think she was so overwhelmed from being on the outside that she was exhausted and not really knowing how to feel. Anyway I'm very happy for her.

As for myself I'm doing great inside. I love that I've made up my mind to live life without alcohol. I don't have to drink I don't want to drink I'm not going to drink.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:54 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear things are going well Sunshine72

D
Old 03-12-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hello Rockin’ Febs. You are all doing great and I’m so glad you have the music connection.

I’m here to admit I slipped up over the weekend. After 39 beautiful days I drank wine at a party. I won’t go into details or give excuses. I think I knew I was going to blow it at this event. I was traveling alone and in vacation “me” mode.

I’m going to read my books and get bac to right thinking again. I really am a non drinker and hate alcohol. It’s funny how the sadness creeps right back in So quickly. Not to mention how lousy I feel. I am committed.

Prof.D, Lets do this, friend.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

And now, I have to admit, I’m really struggling. My husband goes out of town for two nights this week, so my addiction is saying those should be your last nights. But I don’t want to give in to this. He doesn’t travel much (thankfully) but I’ve always had the excuse of using wine to help me sleep or just more of that me time. Well, I now it robs me of sleep and I end up hating me.

I am posting here so you can all remind me what a lie this is. I will go back and read my original wonderfully positive posts.

Ugh. Don’t go back class. It’s all dark and depressing on the other side.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:16 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Quitnow4, we are here for you! You can do this. Don't get sucked back in or think that since you blew it already you might as well keep blowing it. That's what I did for a week or so. No fun. Can you spend your alone nights doing something that will actually nourish your body and spirit instead?

One thing I realized while drinking this time around is that it just isn't any fun any more. I barely even get a buzz from drinking and the guilt and shame cast such a shadow on the experience even without the hangover. When I pick up the first drink, I am chasing that buzz I had as a teenager when I first drank. But that buzz doesn't exist for me anymore.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
And now, I have to admit, I’m really struggling. My husband goes out of town for two nights this week, so my addiction is saying those should be your last nights. But I don’t want to give in to this. He doesn’t travel much (thankfully) but I’ve always had the excuse of using wine to help me sleep or just more of that me time. Well, I now it robs me of sleep and I end up hating me.

I am posting here so you can all remind me what a lie this is. I will go back and read my original wonderfully positive posts.

Ugh. Don’t go back class. It’s all dark and depressing on the other side.
DRUNKENNESS IS AN OVERRATED OVERPRICED STATE OF ILLUSION AND DELUSION!

It doesn't help sleep. It is sugar, turns to carbs, ruins sleep. Alcohol is an antiseptic, fuel for cars, and poison. Sure it will ease pain and de-synthesize us 'temporarily'... BUT there is collateral damage baby. Pay back... Your brain will also need that good stuff back. What goes up must come down. And just know when you put that bottle to your lips, you will have hell to pay one way or another.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Checking in Fab Febs. Back on your feet QN4.
The weather is getting nicer in South Texas. I live on the golf course and I am a member. My AV is telling me “golf is more fun when you are drinking beer” like all your golfing friends. This ain’t going to be easy��
Old 03-12-2018, 11:21 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone!

I'm looking forward to a productive sober week, I'll have 6 weeks clean on Weds

Be strong and fill your life with happiness and joy!

WF
Old 03-12-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hello Fellow Februaries, just checking in. The "pink cloud" has lifted and feeling a little empty. Grateful to not want to "fill" that with the insanity that stuffing that empty with alcohol.... Onward

NF
Old 03-12-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Checking In

Hello Everyone,

Happy to see so many of you still here. I want to say what day I'm on but I honestly have lost track ... I think it's been close to a month - maybe in few days?

The last couple weeks have been very busy, some major life acquisitions going on (we're buying our first house) and the weather is getting nice, flowers everywhere. I know this is a dangerous time for me, because with warm weather and sun comes patio season and with that come the invites, the pleas from people trying to be friendly, so I might need to stick closer to here if any of that gets to me.

I've been sticking with my training, and am considering adding a 50 miler to my race roster in the fall. ( it wouldn't be my first, so I know just how much I'm biting off, here) Sometimes I have found training for an ultra is the best excuse in the world when it comes to those invites, no one questions you further when they already think you're nuts. How nice it is to not have holes in my training calendar every couple weeks where I "went too hard" the night before. Of course, knowing that's been my pattern, it hasn't really been that long, yet so
I'll have to stay vigilant.

Love to all, especially those struggling right now... just know you're not alone!

R2R
Old 03-12-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
DRUNKENNESS IS AN OVERRATED OVERPRICED STATE OF ILLUSION AND DELUSION!

It doesn't help sleep. It is sugar, turns to carbs, ruins sleep. Alcohol is an antiseptic, fuel for cars, and poison. Sure it will ease pain and de-synthesize us 'temporarily'... BUT there is collateral damage baby. Pay back... Your brain will also need that good stuff back. What goes up must come down. And just know when you put that bottle to your lips, you will have hell to pay one way or another.
towards the end I hated the sensation of being drunk, and I hated the idea of what it was doing to my brain. It's a nasty poison chemical, and like sunshine says, you pay one way or the other if you drink.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
towards the end I hated the sensation of being drunk, and I hated the idea of what it was doing to my brain. It's a nasty poison chemical, and like sunshine says, you pay one way or the other if you drink.
I love the taste of wine but don't like being drunk, I wish I could have wine still without the alcohol in it. Tastes like crap though..
Maybe wine tastes like crap anyway and I've acquired the taste...lol
Old 03-12-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Good to see everybody checking in. RunToRecover, congrats on your impending new home, that’s exciting!

Quitnow4, sorry you slipped. Make sure you have a plan and strengthen it. I’m not preaching, we’re all a team and are in this together.

Sunshine, so true about demon alcohol. I’m grateful to have my health and do not want to jeopardize it by ingesting more poison.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

HI everyone,

As the weather gets nicer for so many, I have another snow day!!!! I also have water in my basement from all of these storms....not fun!!

Sunshine, glad to see you were able to help your sister.

Quit4now and professor..I'm so glad you are here with us. This is hard and takes lots of work. I M thankful for my febs!

Stay strong everyone xo
Old 03-13-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support and reminders of what alcohol really is and does to us.

I really didn’t want to spend this week drinking wine so I compromised with the addiction and decided last night would be the last drink ever. So I’m back at this non drinking life and feeling hopeful again. Can’t believe how quickly the Drink sucks you back in. My husband can not understand why I won’t be able to just have a few glasses out to dinner. But again, he totally supports me. He just doesn’t get it. He’s not addicted to the stuff....rarely even drinks it.

I will continue to check in here, and I’m also going to join the March class since that is my new sobriety March.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hello Febs!

Have a beautiful day, and sprinkle a little love and sunshine wherever you go!

Old 03-13-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
OOTT you have 2 sober friends that are going to rock out with you. My husband and I are in the date is clear and we are buying our tickets tonight!! An adventure!!
I'm getting my plane ticket to Raleigh today. I usually buy tickets on Tuesday because I read that's when the prices are lowest.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:17 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I'm getting my plane ticket to Raleigh today. I usually buy tickets on Tuesday because I read that's when the prices are lowest.
Insane! Awesome!! Heard the same thing about Tuesday deals on airfare.