Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-13-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

So I woke up slightly nauseous with a slight headache and very very tired....yes that's right I drank a bottle of wine last night!
Although I enjoyed the drink, I didn't enjoy this morning and I now know my fight will be harder to not pick up the drink again cause technically nothing bad happened..
I had a stressful afternoon and my AV won out and my partner agreed to have a drink with me, in fact he encouraged me to have to have a drink.. not his fault though, it's mine...
Back to day 1
Old 03-13-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Red78 I'm the same way. When I talk myself into drinking again it's usually just fine until it's not. Sometimes it takes a few months to drink myself into Oblivion and have a blackout or two get sick. Isn't it sad that we know where it will eventually lead us and we still think that we can control it and we still desire it. It is truly dancing with the devil. I have been lucky so far because I haven't had the urge yet. I'm still traumatized from my last six day hangover. however I know the day will come when the urge hits me hard and I'm hoping that I'm building up my Inner Strength and sober muscles to be able to talk myself out of it and find the true happiness that I am feeling without alcohol.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
HI everyone,

As the weather gets nicer for so many, I have another snow day!!!! I also have water in my basement from all of these storms....not fun!!

Stay strong everyone xo
Hopefully this was the last storm of the season Lovehoops. I noticed water in my basement, but not from the storms. It was in the walls and I found that the tube feeding the ice maker in the fridge sprung a leak. Got that fixed and will have to do some painting to fix the damage. My wife was freaking but I just said we'll deal with it and move on. I mean what can we do? I sometimes think of incredible challenges and tragedies that others have overcome and use that as inspiration. Adapt and overcome.

Quitnow4, good choice choosing to get right back to your non-drinking life.

Red, when you said that you woke up with a slight headache and nauseous I thought were going to say that it wasn't alcohol related...I'm sorry. Our AV's are tough to beat down, but we all can do it.

Stay strong all.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:02 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Sober on Day 2. In the zone.

I've decided I'm going to shift fully over to March. I really love and feel so grateful for my febs, but I'm so busy at work and two threads seems like a lot to keep up with right now. As a result, I haven't been posting in either.

So if you're interested in the continuing saga of this sad sack, find me in March xoxoxoxo to all of you. Really, from the bottom of my heart!
Old 03-13-2018, 08:04 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Quick update: it’s been two weeks. I love my days from when I wake up until about 6 pm. I’ve been struggling with some cravings the last few days. I’ve managed to get past them, but it has been pretty bummerville to abstain. At about 7:30 pm, I get over the craving and am grateful I didn’t give in.

Glad I’m here and sober tonight.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

Six weeks sober today....and thankfully only one bad craving during this entire time. I am surprised how little I actually think about booze. The truth is I think about it the most when I'm on SR. Not to say that's a bad thing, and I continue to read stories about people struggling with hang-overs, DUI charges, rehab and ER visits, and ruined relationships.

These stories keep it fresh in my mind how devastating alcohol can be. It is not the glamorous commercials showing sexy guys and gals drinking wine and spirits, that is a mirage. Booze offers us one thing and one thing only, a lonely life full of broken promises and heartache. If you are struggling to stay clean, try reading other peoples posts of the Day 1's again.

I'm moving forward, healthier, stronger and wiser! Thanks SR

WF
Old 03-14-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Too true, WF! Way too true. We can never have enough reminders of this FACT. Thank you.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
Too true, WF! Way too true. We can never have enough reminders of this FACT. Thank you.
I second this, great post Wildflower!

Congrats on two weeks Rungirl, let’s all keep going one day at a time.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:44 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hey everyone!

Six weeks sober today....and thankfully only one bad craving during this entire time. I am surprised how little I actually think about booze. The truth is I think about it the most when I'm on SR. Not to say that's a bad thing, and I continue to read stories about people struggling with hang-overs, DUI charges, rehab and ER visits, and ruined relationships.

These stories keep it fresh in my mind how devastating alcohol can be. It is not the glamorous commercials showing sexy guys and gals drinking wine and spirits, that is a mirage. Booze offers us one thing and one thing only, a lonely life full of broken promises and heartache. If you are struggling to stay clean, try reading other peoples posts of the Day 1's again.

I'm moving forward, healthier, stronger and wiser! Thanks SR

WF
How did you deal with your craving?
Old 03-14-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

How did you deal with your craving?

Hi sunshine,

I realized quickly that I was experiencing HALT.
Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired.
It had been a long draining day, I was all of the above, except angry.
I wanted to stop for booze, and I didn't want to stop.
The AV and I got into an argument, and I won.
I came home, ate a meal, put my feet on the couch and logged on to SR.
Craving was gone......

Hope your doing well!
Old 03-14-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Good stuff Wildflower. I add an S to HALT for stressed or sad. Even if I don’t feel hungry, eating something or drinking a soda usually quells an urge for me.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:54 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

HI all,

I find that my urges come on the way home from work which is when I used to pick up wine..that is classic HALT scenario...I am always hungry at that time, angry sometimes, rarely lonely, but definitely tired.
I know I have been mentioning that I listen to recovery elevator podcast on the wa home from work ( I have about a 45 minute commute home). It's been great except the other day I found it put me more in the mood to drink? I was not even thinking about booze until I put it on. I will have to rethink that routine if I feel like that.

JCNY...I heard this storm coming next Tuesday into Wednesday mY be a problem for us....I'm ready for spring!!!!

Have a great day xo
Old 03-15-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hey Febs, I'm at work and getting a jump on the day. Another benefit of sobriety, I get to work early, feeling great and ready for a good day.
It's about 50 million times better than my old life.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

JC-NY, did you see Brit Floyd?
Old 03-15-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

26 days. I finished This Naked Mind. Now I'm onto "A Happier Hour". She was my kind of drinker. Social/Binge Drinker. Always setting out with moderation goals and always failing. Love this one!!
Old 03-15-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
Checking in Fab Febs. Back on your feet QN4.
The weather is getting nicer in South Texas. I live on the golf course and I am a member. My AV is telling me “golf is more fun when you are drinking beer” like all your golfing friends. This ain’t going to be easy��
Hey Jimmy Jam! Haven't heard from you... how did golfing go?
Old 03-15-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Hey Febs, I'm at work and getting a jump on the day. Another benefit of sobriety, I get to work early, feeling great and ready for a good day.
It's about 50 million times better than my old life.
Now that's livin! I'm trying to invigorate myself and my team at work, gotta get out of a rut. I have a bunch of tenured negative nellys that I've let drain my spirit somewhat.

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
JC-NY, did you see Brit Floyd?
Coming up on 4/10. Last time they did almost the entire Animals album, one of my favorites.

Lovehoops, hopefully we're done with snow for the season. I too sometimes get urges by listening to a sober podcast or being here on SR. I think that's just the way AV's work and will diminish with time. I was just listening to a podcast where a guest with long term sobriety was asked how he deals with urges. He said to forget the cliche answers and that we all need to listen to John Coltrane's CD "A Love Supreme" (seriously). I'll give it a try

No gym today, had a sushi dinner and then hit the frozen yogurt spot. I've had pain in my right arm for about a month now which I assume is related to lifting weights. I'm not one to run to the doctor, but since it has persisted I made an appointment to have it checked out on Monday.

What's everybody doing this weekend?
Old 03-15-2018, 05:03 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hey JC-NY hope your arm gets better. I too have more and more aches and pains now that I've hit 45. lol I have been waiting until evening to get my work outs in which is not good! Back on track next week with getting them out of the way early.

This week-end we are closing our Pack and Ship store that I really bought for my mom. It is a dead business that we have been hemorrhaging money into each month to keep the doors open. Just strung it along for mom. She is pretty sad about the closing as she has been running for 13 years. She just did not want to take ownership and so I'm done. Will still keep her on payroll with the online dropship business but I sure hope she doesn't fall into a depression. Mom is a daily drinker so I'm worried she will hit it harder now that she has no purpose to leave the house. Anyway, change is always scary... It will pass.

Feeling soberliscious though. My conviction is STRONG! I'm under a tremendous amount of stress but I know I'm not adding to that with a f#@king hangover.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the arm gets better soon JC-NY - won't hurt to get it checked out
best wishes to your mom Sunshine

D
Old 03-16-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear you are feeling so strong sunshine...that's awesome!!!

JCNY....hope you arm feels better...

I have a black tie fundraiser to go to for work tomorrow night. I will not drink there. I never drink in public. I have friends who helped me get sober years ago. Since I started drinking again, it is only alone.. How sick is that??? Terrible disease..

Hav a great day febs xo