Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 04-13-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I definitely recommend seeing Brit Floyd, the set list varied a lot each of the three times I saw them. I thought for sure the last encore was going to be Run Like Hell, but it was Brain Damage/Eclipse.

I’m off from work today and am going to wake the beast (Mustang) from winter hibernation. A friend is coming over to help me put on new brake pads. Then just an oil change and it’ll be rockin and rollin.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JC-NY View Post
I definitely recommend seeing Brit Floyd, the set list varied a lot each of the three times I saw them. I thought for sure the last encore was going to be Run Like Hell, but it was Brain Damage/Eclipse.

I’m off from work today and am going to wake the beast (Mustang) from winter hibernation. A friend is coming over to help me put on new brake pads. Then just an oil change and it’ll be rockin and rollin.
Whats your year make model? Color? Great car there!
Old 04-13-2018, 10:00 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

It’s a windveil blue 06 GT Sunshine. Not that much stock power, but I’ve done a good amount mods to it.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

JCNY- WHAT A BEAUTY! Very nice indeed~ Post some pics if you can.

We went to the dinner theatre last night and saw "A Quiet Place!" It was pretty chilling.

Today we went to our first MeetUp called Listen to your Life. My brother went as well... he is on 3 weeks AF. So proud of him. It was very inspirational. Come to find out tomorrow marks the leaders 21 years alcohol free. I will be going back next month. Todays topic was about embracing stress instead of rejecting it. By rejecting stress we are creating more of it. Having a stressful life is a sign of living... Stress is inevitable and we best learn how to deal with it and change our attitude toward it. For me I deal with stress by drinking, which creates more STRESS. lol I took away that if we take away the 'ending' of what we want then we are in the 'now'. Or expectations are pre-meditated resentments. So just be the best you can be and be here now.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Here's a pic Sunshine (kinda small sorry). I'm glad your meeting was beneficial, I'm going take what you wrote about stress to heart.

I got in a 20 mile bike ride today which was pretty good for the first one of the year. Towards the end a thought popped in my head that maybe I should drink tonight and that a change in the routine could be good. What? How absurd is that? I think my AV is weak haha. I thought of you Sunshine my sober sister, we are strong!

How is everybody's weekend going?
Old 04-14-2018, 08:28 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hell yeah kick ass Stang JCNY! Thoughts of drinking surround me daily. Even getting ice cream today. Right in between 2 cool bars. Everyone sitting out in the sunshine having cold ones chilling... One had a sign up, beer is hops, hops is plant, plant is salad...lol. I was like yeah right keep telling yourselves that. Anyway I sat outside too instead of getting hammered I enjoyed a waffle cone with Italian canolli ice cream... Point is it's natural to think about drinking. But... No way. Alcohol does absolutely nothing for us! It's a lie...
Old 04-15-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Sunshine, I’d be interested in learning more about turning stress from a negative into a positive, and how that might work for negative stress, specifically, ***holes that one might HAVE to deal with as part of one’s job! That’s what’s got me on edge lately.

Nice car, JC-NY! I’ve always liked cars. I’d love something like a ‘62 El Dorado, the bigger the better! It’ll never happen, because I know nothing about working on them, which is sort of important.

Anyway, glad you guys made it through the weekend. Let’s keep pushing on.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I know how to change the oil and a few filters. That’s pretty much it. My friend is the type who can install a new motor, he’s helped me a bunch.

I know a lot about dealing with a-holes at work. 4 of the 6 people who report to me are negative and miserable. I believe that to a large extent that happiness is a choice.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Spin class yesterday and twenty miles on stationary bike this morning. I posted a pic of my mileage on facebook like I've been doing recently coz I'm a natural born show off.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Nice Tiles, you’re just proud lol. I’ve never done that many miles on a stationary bike.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:34 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

It's incredibly boring. Luckily I can people watch and I couldn't do it without my tunes.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Cross your heart-this is a good one dealing with a**holes. Came up in this Meetup... Basically finding your center is key. If you find your center and you are cool with yourself and your intentions 'they' can't break you. They probably are lacking in their life. They probably need more love. I know that's crazy. Try to use their negative disposition as an example of how you could end up being if you weren't dealing with your life in a centered and positive way. Whatever happens around us has no power in this regard. However, there was a woman in there whose husband tried to commit suicide in January. There is no positive way to look at this situation. She was there to find her center. And to learn how to deal with this type of stress. This is pretty heavy and I applaud her for taking proactive measures to better herself and to essentially prepare in the event this comes around again... No matter what, or how perfect or imperfect our life is there will always be stress... Heavy stress, good stress, unbearable stress... It's a pretty complicated topic and really no one way about it, but I did get something from it. The lady whose husband tried to take his own life could instead drown her stress with drugs and alcohol or try to escape it in other ways... but there is no escaping it, and she knows that, so she is attempting to face it head on and finding her center... and to know regardless of what happens she will be o.k. What other choice does she have... Give in to it and fall apart... ?? As far as a**holes God knows I've had my share... ugh... Just keep your center and really feel sorry for them... They are hurting in their life and taking it out on everyone else. Eventually they deal with it, or Karma does it for them. xo
Old 04-15-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

We often drive by this cool brewery called Fort Knight and folks are sitting outside socializing. We went in there today and low and behold they brew their own Ginger Beer! We went in to see if they had home brewed root beer. They didn't, but to our surprise they had ginger beer on tap! Score! We sat outside on pic nic tables. Not one urge to consume the alcohol. This is the place I love to be at. I won't lie when those insatiable urges surface I get super weak... and I will be yelping to you all for help when that urge happens.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:55 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Sunshine. Let me digest that and see if I can apply it tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:16 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thanks for elaborating further on dealing with stress Sunshine, good stuff. That brewery sounds great and it’s nice that you can enjoy it without alcohol. Funny on how I can really appreciate drinks like ginger or root beer now that I’m not always thinking about what to mix in.

I’m a little down about this tennis elbow, I’ve been trying to work through it but realize I can damage the tendon a lot worse. Seems like this is going to take 6 months to 2 years or more to heal....arghh
Old 04-16-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

That sucks Jcny! Have you tried acupuncture? I'm a big fan of it and cupping... Gets the blood moving where it would otherwise be stagnant.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Taxes paid. I'm so happy. My old guy retired and I really like my new tax lady. This is the first time I haven't had to write a massive check. I suspect my old guy never really did my taxes correctly.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
That sucks Jcny! Have you tried acupuncture? I'm a big fan of it and cupping... Gets the blood moving where it would otherwise be stagnant.
I didn't consider acupuncture, thank you. As of now, ibuprofen is good enough to relieve the pain, but I really want my arm to resolve. BTW, we deal with a lot of questionable acupuncture billing at work (auto accident related treatment). These medical mills will bill for more than 24 hours of treatment from one doctor in a day, no joke.

Glad your taxes came out better this year OOTT. We get a nice refund every year, but that's not necessarily good because the money is not earning for us throughout the year.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I had a great Monday. Great mood, great to get stuff done. Thankful that I have enough money to meet my obligations. Two and a half years ago my life was a wreck. And what was the main change I made? You know it!!! I stopped drinking. I literally could not have done it without SR and everyone here.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:34 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

OOTT, I appreciate your honesty about what you went through with alcohol and I love how you sing the praises of sobriety. I’m still getting the hang of this, but have already experienced amazing and rewarding changes. Thank you for being an inspiration to all of us.