Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-20-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thoughts Sunshine, Mom’s surgery went well. That Meetup seems beneficial, let us know how it goes.

Great job on 50 days CrossYourHeart!

Have a tax appointment later today. We received an IRS audit on our 2015 return saying we owe about $3500! We’re just salaried employees with W-2’s, hopefully we can resolve this.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:34 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Great news on mom's hip operation, JC-NY. Sorry about the IRS. I too know the sting the scary looking IRS letter!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:14 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Thank you sober brother OOTT. Our accountant is responding that we need an in person audit where he’ll represent us. He said the best scenario is that the IRS will decide not to go forward, the worst is that we’ll end up owing about half. I’m not worrying about it,

BTW, I got my arm checked out yesterday and the doc diagnosed me with tennis elbow, apparently due to overuse from working out. So I’m wearing a brace and will take it easy for a couple of weeks. Time to amp up the legs and core exercises.

Although there’s not a lot of Fab Febs still around, I really enjoy posting here and keeping each other accountable.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:40 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

We all keep either accountable.
Today has been good, but pretty uneventful. I finally signed up for Facebook, so I was doing some of that today.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:00 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hello all!
Havent posted in a while here.. which usually means bad news but I am on day 47 believe it or not.
Hey OOTT Long time! Are u part of this class?
Old 03-21-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Hello all!
Havent posted in a while here.. which usually means bad news but I am on day 47 believe it or not.
Nice to see you and congrats on 47 daze!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Hello all!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hey CnGY, great to see you! I'm not an official Feb, I'm just hanging out here as an emeritus Feb. Congrats on day 47, that's fantastic!
Old 03-21-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
We all keep either accountable.
Today has been good, but pretty uneventful. I finally signed up for Facebook, so I was doing some of that today.
Wow, I was tired last night. That should say: We all keep each other accountable.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Wow, I was tired last night. That should say: We all keep each other accountable.
That’s how I read it anyway when I checked my phone at 3:30 this morning lol.

Snowing in NY now which of course was a reason for my AV to chime in to drink, not happening!
Old 03-21-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

JCNY- you got this. Remember why we are all here and supporting each other. The weather has been my downfall as well. For some reason especially winter when we're all hunkered down and the fires going it just seems so natural. But it's a lie. So still treat yourself to something special like kick ass dessert or just something you don't usually indulge in, anything but alcohol!
Old 03-21-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

So it's been an absolutely crazy week. We have officially closed the retail location for the pack and ship shop and handed the keys in yesterday to the property management and I'm officially off the commercial lease. Hallelujah

So today we have one of our cars at the shop being worked on and the technician comes out and I thought he said that he had found a dead squirrel in the Car. But it was in fact a freaking scorpion. And it was huge. It was dead so no one was stung. LOL it was behind the panel that is right below the steering wheel and above the brake and gas. Now it's going to be next to impossible for me to ever drive that car again. And for God's sake what if it had babies!! Maybe it's some sort of a sign?

Tomorrow we go to the accountant finally to file our corporate and personal taxes. I know I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight because it's just always a dreadful task.

Anyway I'll be happy for next week because most of these obstacles will be behind me and I can start focusing on more growth for our Core Business and of course my desire to live a completely fulfilled happy life sober!

OOTT-getting geared up for Superchunk. It's going to be fun and I'm way overdue for some live rock!
Old 03-21-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
JCNY- you got this. Remember why we are all here and supporting each other. The weather has been my downfall as well. For some reason especially winter when we're all hunkered down and the fires going it just seems so natural. But it's a lie. So still treat yourself to something special like kick ass dessert or just something you don't usually indulge in, anything but alcohol!
So true Sunshine. Two women at work today were talking about drinking later and that one of their husbands asked them to pick up extra poison on the way home.

I regularly use the word execute at work when discussing performance. Basically having the knowledge and tools to succeed, then successfully applying them. The same applies to not drinking, we have our sober arsenal and know how to use it. I want life to be as smooth and stress free as possible, taking alcohol completely off the table is a huge part. Or as you said Sunshine, a fufilled happy and sober life! I’m putting in the time, work and commitment to achieve that.

Crazy about the scorpion- ouch!
Old 03-21-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Car scorpion!!!! I had to look it up, but scorpions in NC is a thing. I had no idea:

"there is a species of scorpion found primarily in western North Carolina. Vaejovis carolinianus (Figure 1, Figure 2), more commonly called the "southern unstriped scorpion" or "southern devil scorpion."
Old 03-21-2018, 06:11 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

It scared the hell out of me. I almost took an Uber home from the shop. I don't know what to do because what if there are more. Lol

Do y'all ever watch Dan rather's the big interview? He's the man. He was just interviewing Robby Krieger and John Densmore. I never realized the end was the opening song to Apocalypse Now.

Now on too Deep Purple Machine Head documentary.

JCNY-is the snow horrid at your locale?
Old 03-21-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I haven’t seen Dan’s interview show, I’ll have to check it out. I used to watch him all the time on the CBS nightly news back in the day. Speaking of Machine Head, the 5.1 surround sound CD of this album just arrived, gonna turn it up this weekend.

Snow’s coming down and 6-12 inches are expected. I’ll make it to work, might be a little late though.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
So it's been an absolutely crazy week. We have officially closed the retail location for the pack and ship shop and handed the keys in yesterday to the property management and I'm officially off the commercial lease. Hallelujah

So today we have one of our cars at the shop being worked on and the technician comes out and I thought he said that he had found a dead squirrel in the Car. But it was in fact a freaking scorpion. And it was huge. It was dead so no one was stung. LOL it was behind the panel that is right below the steering wheel and above the brake and gas. Now it's going to be next to impossible for me to ever drive that car again. And for God's sake what if it had babies!! Maybe it's some sort of a sign?

Tomorrow we go to the accountant finally to file our corporate and personal taxes. I know I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight because it's just always a dreadful task.

Anyway I'll be happy for next week because most of these obstacles will be behind me and I can start focusing on more growth for our Core Business and of course my desire to live a completely fulfilled happy life sober!

OOTT-getting geared up for Superchunk. It's going to be fun and I'm way overdue for some live rock!
I'm really pumped about seeing the Chunk too! They put on such a great show in Seattle! They were running around the stage, playing great, and they were LOUD!!!! The guy I really like is the drummer...he's a monster....fantastic drummer.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

I’m watching the cornhole championships on ESPN now, quite riveting lol. Hope everybody had a great day, another beautiful sober weekend is almost here!
Old 03-22-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Watch out for the cornhole!
Old 03-22-2018, 06:38 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats CAGY

well done to everyone else as well - this group is rockin'