Old 03-12-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
RunToRecover

Checking In

Hello Everyone,

Happy to see so many of you still here. I want to say what day I'm on but I honestly have lost track ... I think it's been close to a month - maybe in few days?

The last couple weeks have been very busy, some major life acquisitions going on (we're buying our first house) and the weather is getting nice, flowers everywhere. I know this is a dangerous time for me, because with warm weather and sun comes patio season and with that come the invites, the pleas from people trying to be friendly, so I might need to stick closer to here if any of that gets to me.

I've been sticking with my training, and am considering adding a 50 miler to my race roster in the fall. ( it wouldn't be my first, so I know just how much I'm biting off, here) Sometimes I have found training for an ultra is the best excuse in the world when it comes to those invites, no one questions you further when they already think you're nuts. How nice it is to not have holes in my training calendar every couple weeks where I "went too hard" the night before. Of course, knowing that's been my pattern, it hasn't really been that long, yet so
I'll have to stay vigilant.

Love to all, especially those struggling right now... just know you're not alone!

R2R