Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-06-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-2-a-21.html (Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 2)

D
Old 03-06-2018, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you not caving to that beer in the fridge finalround
can you get rid of it maybe?

congrats on day 3 lovehoops and 17 days sunshine

welcome Johnny!
Hang in there NavelGazebo

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Drank again. 3 beers. Won't drink tomorrow, but already thought... I'll drink again Thursday and start over again on Friday. I'm self-destructing. I am struggling to find the motivation to start again. Feels like I need to say goodbye to drinking, have a bon voyage. Could any thought be more clearly AV? My mind is so messed up. I'm sorry febs. You are all doing so well. I crave the good feelings and fortitude I had a couple of weeks ago. Being here helps me, but I hope me being here is still OK.
Of course its ok - this thread is for people struggling too - but we;re going to push the be sober angle at you

When we wake the Beast up it seems to be stronger for the rest it's had.

I think you're going to have to really double down on your efforts ProffessorD. Its the only way to put the Beast back in its box.

D
Old 03-06-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I heard that, Dee. Every time I’ve quit and then started again, I drank more heavily than before. That AV comes back with a vengeance. I hope all of our friends who have stumbled can find the strength, and see that they deserve better than being drunk.
Old 03-06-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My partner just hinted at me going to bottle store for him on my way home, I told him I'm not going past a bottle store.. yay, got out of it, he is going himself, however it means he will have a few drinks when at home which means I need to be strong..
Old 03-07-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tossed the beers in fridge (left by guests on sat).
Prof keep posting. Remind yourself why you need sobriety.
Red, have you asked your partner not to drink at home? Or at least not ask you to go to the store.
I think we need to re-up our commitment. Being part of the Feb class maybe left us with just a short term goal of making it to March. Then there was no real plan for continued sobriety.
New goal for us all...."We will not drink Today!"
Copy and paste for tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Still here with barely time to check in. Trying to read all your posts. Feeling sad for the slips, but it is a reminder of how cunning and deceitful the beast within is. Always promising escape, relaxation, happy times with alcohol. But it stings and bites us in the end leaving us feeling sad and hopeless.

ProfD, stay with us. Stock your defenses and talk down the lies. Are you reading any books on addiction?
Old 03-07-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm going to post here and in the March thread for extra daily support. I feel like I'm in my worst nightmare right now. I don't know why I can't recommit.

Quitnow4, I just typed out an excuse about how I don't have time to do readings that aren't connected to my teaching and research. But look at what I'm saying. I just ordered a copy of This Naked Mind. No excuses.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm going to post here and in the March thread for extra daily support. I feel like I'm in my worst nightmare right now. I don't know why I can't recommit.

Quitnow4, I just typed out an excuse about how I don't have time to do readings that aren't connected to my teaching and research. But look at what I'm saying. I just ordered a copy of This Naked Mind. No excuses.
This Naked Mind will not disappoint! I have the audio and it is read in Annies voice. She is just amazing. Never looked at the brainwashing and the unconscious mind being able to be reprogrammed by our own will before. And the scientific explanation for how aweful it is for our health and the fact that alcohol IS the number 1 most addictive and deadly drug of them all, even heroine.. Then why is it so accepted and pushed on us everywhere we go! Non-sense. ProD, I am a hard nutt to crack too. I cannot tell you have many times I threw the towel in... I can tell you that it is always worth it to try again... You can and will do this. You are hear and this place is addictive too, but in a good way!
Old 03-07-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's easy to forget how disgusting alcohol is. I tried to do my usual workout, and I'm so dehydrated from just a few beers last night. I came back here to post because I have to take a break. Can't catch my breath, head spinning. I'm stubborn, so I'll finish my run and weights, but it's so obvious there is poison in my body. And of course, the depression and anxiety. The money I spent, the time I wasted. The shame. I feel so low, mentally and physically. And the worst part is I did it to myself knowingly.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning group!

5 weeks today.

I have a stressful day ahead (big exam), and I will stay sober by:

Reminding myself that no matter what happens, it doesn't define me.

It will be OK, even if I don't do well on my exam, I will do my best.

Hug myself for staying sober and preparing last night.

Rest and relax this evening.

Thanks for listening, posting here daily keeps me focused and on track!
Old 03-07-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's easy to forget how disgusting alcohol is. I tried to do my usual workout, and I'm so dehydrated from just a few beers last night. I came back here to post because I have to take a break. Can't catch my breath, head spinning. I'm stubborn, so I'll finish my run and weights, but it's so obvious there is poison in my body. And of course, the depression and anxiety. The money I spent, the time I wasted. The shame. I feel so low, mentally and physically. And the worst part is I did it to myself knowingly.
HI there Prof D,
If there is any beer left, how about dumping it down the drain? Each one you dump can be a happy "goodbye" to the dilemma. You are stronger and wiser for your sober time....kick this in the butt! Try to be as stubborn about drinking as you are with working out...?
Old 03-07-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nice going Wildflower!

Let’s stay strong and united. Like Finalround wrote, we “will not drink today” is our daily mantra.

I was thinking how we all save money by not drinking, I’m also saving vacation time at work too. I used put in for time off to have some extra drinking or recovery time. Also, used more sick time when I was drinking of course. More benefits
Old 03-07-2018, 09:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks, wildflower. I don't keep alcohol in the house. All of the relapses have been when I'm out, alas. I am going to kick this in the butt! You're right
Old 03-07-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good day Fab Febs. Checking in on day 10. All is well in la la land. Hang in there ProfD and keep posting. JC and Sunshine...... My guitar loves to play the 70’s and 80’s stuff(Hair Metal Baby)

Hope everyone else is doing well...CYH,QN4,FR, R78, WF70...
Also a shout out to NG, Johnny 3, LH, Juno11, CGY( a classmate from Feb 2016), JT, IWTA, and RG2018.

My count is 17. If I left anyone out please let me know........

Jimmy
Old 03-07-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
Good day Fab Febs. Checking in on day 10. All is well in la la land. Hang in there ProfD and keep posting. JC and Sunshine...... My guitar loves to play the 70’s and 80’s stuff(Hair Metal Baby)

Hope everyone else is doing well...CYH,QN4,FR, R78, WF70...
Also a shout out to NG, Johnny 3, LH, Juno11, CGY( a classmate from Feb 2016), JT, IWTA, and RG2018.

My count is 17. If I left anyone out please let me know........

Jimmy
Total hair metal groupie here! I always find that my fellow music lovers that share this affliction so inspirational, because we all know how the music scene goes... and to find your 'kind' also with the same struggles helps for some reason...
Old 03-07-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Total hair metal groupie here! I always find that my fellow music lovers that share this affliction so inspirational, because we all know how the music scene goes... and to find your 'kind' also with the same struggles helps for some reason...
Ditto!

Anyone dealing with PAWS?

I am day 16 and so clumsy, and tired I actually told one of my clients "jokingly" when I sloshed my tea on the office floor.... twice.... that "I swear I am sober...."joke... not a joke...

I am not recalling simple things and find myself going blank when needing to find information etc. This stuff is no joke!

I guess this is why I had body drunk at the end but not mental drunk. Now I'm both but sober
Old 03-07-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey NewFighter, I looked up PAWS symptoms and the only thing I'm kind of experiencing is lack of concentration. This might just be my job in general, but I find it hard to sit at the computer for extended periods of time. I need to get up, stretch and walk a bit. Hang in there, I'm sure this will pass for you. Great job staying strong at 16 days.

As far as hair metal, Motley Crue is my favorite. I also like Skid Row & Ratt. Poison, Warrant & Bon Jovi, not so much (sorry Sunshine!)
Old 03-07-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

JC-NY LOL. I was in the Bon Jovi secret society fan club! Warrant I saw around 89 and was picked out of the audience to engage in the cherry pie contest. lol good times. Poison I jut saw last year. I'm over them. ugh! Motley Crue one of my faves... Skid Row and Ratt YES! My go to is Black Sabbath first and foremost and the Doors. That is a great foundation. Not in terms of sobriety of course. In the beginning I thought gaining sobriety meant losing my live music passion. I love concerts and I have to go. I enjoy going sober 10 times more than getting wasted. I never thought it was possible. Going to see local bands is a bit tempting because my rocker crew is there and everyone is partien. So I'll lay low from that scene. If I stick to the big shows I know I'm safe!
Old 03-07-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Snowing hard here. Had a terrible ride home from work but my sober person ducats kept me going. I keep hearing about "the naked mind" ..seriously like 5 times in the past 2 days..I will have to order it.

JC...I also would save time off for hangovers...that's crazy thinking!!! I hope to get on a vacation as well.

Professor...chin up,...it's a bump in the road...We are here for you...sober hugs xo

Red...glad you didn't stop for the bottle....good choice!!
Old 03-07-2018, 03:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I meant sober recovery podcast!!!