Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-16-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hey guys. It’s getting quieter around here Hopefully it’s just people moving on with their lives, sober. I’ve made it through a week of vacation clean. Hope everyone is ready for a clean and sober weekend!
Old 03-16-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Day 18. Been having cravings after work but haven’t given in. My birthday is tomorrow, the one holiday that not drinking is socially unacceptable. Stupid green beer. No bars for me though. I’m going to go find day 1 posts and take a trip down memory lane for extra ammo.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Another weekend coming up! This week went by so fast! Totally, totally pumped about my mini-vacation in April.
Stay strong this weekend Febs. We are all going through this together and I can't tell you how much I love sobriety. Every day something happens that reminds me of how grateful I am to be sober.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

CrossYourHeart & Rungirl, I'm glad you're both doing well. I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow Rungirl!

Sunshine, I appreciate your posts reminding us of the evils and ramifications of drinking the poison. And OOTT touting the rewards of sobriety, so great to read!

Sunshine, sorry about the closing of that business. What's your other business if you don't mind me asking, I want to say auto parts.

Today was my early day at work and got in a short nap. Now feeling kind of blah, think I need some sunlight. I just played that Coltrane CD, good stuff. Then some Steely Dan and now on to Rush. This is while I'm reading "A Drinking Life" by NY journalist Pete Hamill. I'm about half way through and it's very interesting to read about growing up in Brooklyn in the 1940's. His Dad was an alcoholic and his drinking is progressing through high school.

Having a mellow night, going to pick my daughter and her friend up from a school play later. Will go out for St. Patrick's day with my wife tomorrow for some corned beef & cabbage. Will definitely be watching some NCAA March Madness. I work for a Berkshire Hathaway Company and Warren Buffet offers $100,000 every year to an employee who goes the farthest with their bracket picks. Also, one million per year for life if anybody picks a perfect bracket (astronomical odds of course).

Have a safe & sober weekend Fab Febs!
Old 03-16-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Hey y'all! So it's one month ago today that I went out for an innocent dinner with friends. What should have ended right after turned into a full blown all nighter for me. For no damn reason. That brought on the six day hangover. And landed be here in SR land. I don't ever have to feel like that again. Alcohol is one of the only substances that we will voluntary consume knowing that it's going to hurt us and make us feel ill.. it's crazy!!!!

JCNY- my business is Aftermarket parts. Check out the website.

Business closed today. That was tough.

Last edited by Dee74; 03-17-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:04 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Sunshine, sorry about the business closing, but your other home page looks great.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:21 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sunshine

we have a rule about not linking to personal business websites so I had to remove the link. Pot suggesting for a moment you were trying to drum up trade, but we get people who try to do exactly that from time to time, so no links for anyone, I'm afraid.

Interested parties can still PM you for the link, no problem.

I'm sorry for the closure of your other business.

D
Old 03-17-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Happy st Patrick's day.

It will be quiet until I have to go out to the black tie thing tonight. I'm going with the other women I work with. I was so glad no one was interested in bringing spouses..$150 a plate so I'm more than happy to go with them.

JCNY..my family is always into march madness as well. I usually participate and pick teams based on cities I like or if I know people from there..not a great starategy but they laugh at me. I'm hearing quite a few surprises so far and I'm not off the mark! I have good friends from buffalo!!!

Have a great day febs xo
Old 03-17-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Happy Saint Patrick's day everyone. The last day was emotional for our little pack and ship store. We took my mom out for a nice steak dinner since she had ran this little business for 13 years and I wanted to help her feel better. and she had mentioned that she had finished off the Grey Goose that I had given her when I cleaned out my cupboards 28 days ago. I said oh no don't turn into that vodka lady. She laughed and said I slept so good. I laughed and said alcohol doesn't help you to sleep good. She laughed and said then I blacked out so good. My husband looked at me and said hunny you're screwed with your DNA. And the struggle is real. However I'm in check-in I don't have to think that just because every single parent grandparent uncle aunt cousin are addicts alcoholic substance abuser that I can't still rise above it.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Sunshine

we have a rule about not linking to personal business websites so I had to remove the link. Pot suggesting for a moment you were trying to drum up trade, but we get people who try to do exactly that from time to time, so no links for anyone, I'm afraid.

Interested parties can still PM you for the link, no problem.

I'm sorry for the closure of your other business.

D
Oops I'm sorry Dee. Yeah I don't think this would be the right place to drum up business for aftermarket Performance Automotive Parts. LOL I totally understand. I hate it when people are on the hidden agenda and try to solicit two people that are just trying to better themselves. I totally get it no worries
Old 03-17-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! It was a year ago today I was in the midst of my drinking life and went out for happy hour. I ordered Makers & ginger ale and then had dinner at my sister n' law's house where the wine was flowing. I woke up the next day shivering uncontrollably and was sick of the life. That started 6+ months of sobriety. I'm not happy I fell off again, but I'd like to think it made me stronger and I learned from it.

I'm going out with my wife soon to a bar and I (or my AV) feel I'd enjoy having beer. My wife asked me if we're going to take an Uber and I told her for like the 20th time to stop asking me to drink (which is really what she's doing). Anyway, I wouldn't go out if I felt I wasn't strong enough. I plan on enjoying myself, but not staying too long.

Sunshine, I'll keep you in mind when I need something for my Mustang. Seize the day all
Old 03-17-2018, 10:29 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

JCNY-you're going to do great. I'm very fortunate that my husband is on board with me and he is also practicing sobriety because he knows he has his own issues with his beast. My AV is dancing around in my head to thinking how nice it would be to just drink with my mom to help lift her spirits because I know that would help her. But it would ruin my tomorrow and I'm not willing to do that anymore.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Thanks Sunshine, you're doing great too. Back from the quick St. Patrick's day outing. My corned beef, cabbage and potatoes came with a free irish coffee which my wife enjoyed.

We just made an impulse buy and are off to see Judas Priest at the Nassau Coliseum Arena. 32nd row center on the floor for $34.50 a ticket. A few rows in front are $99.50 a seat. Had to buy a parking pass for the "discount" rate of $20 lol. Found out Saxon is one of the openers, I know and like a lot of their stuff. Saw Roger Waters at this venue sober a few months ago, life is good. I'm wearing a green Grateful Dead shirt now, I'll put on something black!
Old 03-17-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

JCNY-I'm so envious!!! That is amazing!! Keep it strong. Please give us a full run down of the show! What I'd give to go to that gig!!
Old 03-18-2018, 05:55 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Good morning Febs. Opening band last night was Black Star Rising who I wasn't familiar with. Guitar player in this group is the same one from Thin Lizzy so they did "Jailbreak" and "Whisky In The Jar" which was cool to hear on St. Paddy's Day. Saxon was next and the highlights were "Dallas 1PM" which is about the assassination of JFK and of course the rock anthem "Denim & Leather." Then Priest took the stage, Halford is 66 now and is voice sounds strong as hell. He stalks around stage pretty slowly, but has great presence as a true metal god. "Grinder" & "Painkiller" were a couple of highlights for me. One gripe is that Rob would often not sing the chorus and leave it up to the audience. I get it, but I wanted to hear Rob's shrieks during Hell Bent For Leather! My other gripe is people obscuring your vision with their damn cell phones constantly recording. You've got the one handed technique and the more professional two handers lol. Overall fun night and am glad we went.

The pre-party was at the Marriot bar next door. Some friggin interesting old rockers for sure! I felt a little out of place while I sipped a cappuccino on a sofa, but it felt good to have my sh!t together and take in the scene with my wife.

Check in everybody, JimmyJam how are you man?
Old 03-18-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Good morning Febs!
I've been busy with life and happy to say I'm 46 days sober

I can't even imagine going back, this feels too damn good.
Sometimes it's feels a little strange that I don't miss booze, and I'm living sort-of a recluse life outside of work, but I'm OK with that. I spent some time this morning reading through the new posts of day 1-3's.....boy I can remember when that was me, never again.

Hope you are all doing well.
Have a blessed Sunday
WF
Old 03-18-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
never again.
Two very powerful words wildflower! I'm going with the one day at a time approach now, play the tape forward and be grateful to wake up clear headed each day.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:12 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

JCNY-yeah!!! I've been waiting to hear from you and hoping it would not have been to report another day 1 for you! I love your report on the show! Damn must have been awesome to see someone from Thin Lizzy. So kick ass!!

Wildflower great to hear from you and that you are feeling great.

As for me I'm doing good too. Took my sister out for steak and lobster today. She has waited 2 years for the meal as she has been in prison. She looked amazing. I asked her if she was going to stay sober. She answered me with "forever?". So she only plans to stay sober for as long as her parole lasts. Oh well. I'll enjoy her until then.

My 29 days feels amazing. Do wish I had more energy though. Xo
Old 03-18-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your sis changes her mind Sunshine- must be good to have her around again tho

Glad you enjoyed Priest JC

D
Old 03-18-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

JC-NY, that's so cool you got to see the Priest unleashed in the East! I wish I coulda been there.