Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-09-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sober Weekend Ideas

Hey everyone!!

It's the weekend...

Let's start a list of ideas to have fun, relax, unwind, and stay sober this weekend!!

I will start it off....

Binge watch movies
Visit an interesting museum or art gallery in your area
Treat yourself to a nice lunch out, practice ordering soda ect..

Who' got some more ideas?? Let's have a great weekend everyone!!

Old 03-09-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

My sister gets out of prison Sunday after two years. I'm very excited for her. Her charge was assault with a deadly weapon because she spit in a cops face. Yep. Don't ever do that. :-) She is in a program and on supervised probation and I think she is going to do this. She will be my reason to set a good example by living a happily sober life too!
Old 03-09-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Once I had a contractor show up to do work in my house while I was on the floor, probably near death from drinking the previous night, and he proceeded to do his work, stepping over my prone body.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Once I had a contractor show up to do work in my house while I was on the floor, probably near death from drinking the previous night, and he proceeded to do his work, stepping over my prone body.
LOL sorry something about this got my funny bone. I'll never forget waking up in the middle of a driveway. I don't know how that happend but anyone could have driven over me because they wouldn't have seen me. CRAZY... Or the time I awoke in a strange place and couldn't tell the taxi where I was because I had no clue. Or the time I woke up on a strangers couch and had p-eed myself... Hoping and praying I could leave before they noticed and then couldn't remember where I parked my car. Wow... so many unflattering and scary memories. And sort of funny...
Old 03-09-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyones doing ok - lets make it a sober weekend guys

D
Old 03-09-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Glad to see us checking in on a Friday night! I had the usual cravings driving home from work but stopped to do some errands and got through it. My youngest son is home from college the week so I will make sure I cook for him...that will keep me busy with a direction. ...

Red...so glad to hear you made it through the night..way to go !!!!!

Professor...don't beat yourself up. We are glad you are here! I had over 6 years sober and then tried to play with fire and drink "normally" HAH!!! That was 6 and half years ago. I have been struggling that long with bouts of sober time (weeks and months) but even that was a year or two ago..this is hard!!! Damn hard!!

JCNY...yes..recovery elevator is an app. I am a tech idiot but I was able to download from the App Store. I constantly have my kids help me but I did this one on my own!! I am enjoying listening to the stories and interviews each day on the way home...it is not attached to any one program. The guests participate in different programs to stay sober or no program at all r a combo that works for them.

As far as blackouts....I have not blacked out often, I usually kept moving when I drank...however...I did not make good choices!! A lot of the time!! I drive drunk often with my kids and other peoples kids in the car. I showed up drunk at soccer games, supermarkets, malls teacher conferences, my kids field day blah blah blah..anytime of the day ..it was gross.
I do remember a time that I had to pick up my daughter 2 hours after I dropped her off at a birthday party. I went home and drank in between. I had absolutely NO idea where I left her and where to pick her up. She was standing on the street with the mother...the only left there. I made up some BS excuse about getting lost or something. I felt horrible but drank again the next day...
Terrible memories
Old 03-09-2018, 06:14 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that lovehoops... this is serious business this sobriety thing. I'm so happy you are here. I wonder after six years of sobriety what made you cave again? Do you think you will get back to that long term way of life? Why is it so hard to get back there again? I'm really curious. I only got to 18 months before. I was so happy and getting along in life wonderfully. Then I talked myself into it. And like you a few years later of this on again/off again ugh... I'm 20 days in now and I'm feeling so happy... Haven't had any real urges at all. BUT... I know 'it' is hiding out and when 'it' gets hungry I'm in trouble.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:38 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Lovehoops, thanks for the info! I too had cravings on the way home, glad we moved past them.

Red, did you buy the wine for your partner or with the intent for you to partake? I'm curious because I've never been strong enough to actually buy alcohol and not drink it. Great that you got through it, I go back to the cliche that we never wake up wishing we had drank the prior day.

OOTT, that contractor story is sad but also a little humorous if we picture it happening. My worst night was at Ozzfest about 17 years ago. I really over did it and ended up climbing a fence and falling in poison ivy trying to get back to the parking lot to meet my friend. I almost decided not to get up and take a nap in the ivy.

Strawberry, fun sober ideas for the weekend let's see....gym both days. My wife recently joined as well, I enjoy going with her and having coffee/breakfast after. I'm going to listen to some records, take a drive to the beach, clean the house, and maybe see a "British Invasion" band tomorrow night. They don't go on until 10 which is kind of late for me since I'm used to getting up at 3:45AM for work.

Let's keep at this Fab Febs, it ain't easy but is possible. Outonthetiles has over two years and wrote these poignant words today for ProfessorD & us - "When you think about it, there's really nothing good about drinking. I think for next time, just think about how happy you'll be to wake up without a hangover, and how proud you will be for making the decision to not drink, and then build from there. Each sober day is like money in the bank, and it definitely gets easier as time goes on."
Old 03-09-2018, 07:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

JCNY - I bought it for me, I went out of my way to go to the bottle store and get that wine. I had no idea whether I would drink it or notnot, my partner wanted me too, even joked that I was boring for not drinking but I won last night's battle.. Not sure I would win again thou..
Old 03-09-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Checking in Fab Febs. Not much to say but THIS CLASS ROCKS(you too OOTT)
I've been drinking more coffee then usual and enjoying a small ice cream in the evening. Typical behavior in early sobriety and it keeps me going and subdues the urges and thoughts of beer. Hey whatever works. Keep posting Professor.

Jimmy
Old 03-09-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Great job, Red!
Old 03-09-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Checking in myself. Such a great thread to read tonight before I call asleep sober in New Orleans. Enjoying this awesome city sober as a bird. Around lots of friends in various states of wastedness but I'm not tempted to pick up the poison.

Let's enjoy the sober weekend everyone.

No one is coming to save me.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

21 days! It was a breeze. Bring on 1 month. If I make the 90 day Mark then I am on auto pilot!

My music lovers, Greta Van Fleet!
Old 03-10-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good morning Febs. I'm working today and then off to the gym at five. Everyone stay strong this weekend!
Old 03-10-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good to see everybody, was at the gym when it opened this morning and did legs.

Sunshine, I've been cranking Great Van Fleet for a few months. Obviously Led Zeppelin-esque and I dig it. I have the four song EP and didn't realize a CD is out now with four additional songs on it. I just requested it online from the library. I'm going to straighten up my man cave music room today. On The Beach by Neil Young is on the turntable ready to spin.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Great choice, On the Beach. Depressing, but great music. Looking at the Chapel Hill trip on April 27 to see Superchunk. I can do the trip for about $350.00. I can uber from the airport to Carrboro, its about ten miles. I could almost run it if I wanted! Uber back to airport or hotel near the airport. Get my beauty rest and then fly back to Seattle. It's the perfect plan!!!!
Mrs. Tiles is working and took her days off for our Disneyland trip last week, so I have permission to do this solo.
Sober life is good.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Just bought my ticket to the show at Cats Cradle. This is happening, Febs!
Old 03-10-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I am definitely going to google Superchunk if you are going that far to see them.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Checking in Fab Febs. Day 13. All is well.

Jimmy
Old 03-10-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great trip Tiles! Like you said SOBER LIFE IS GOOD.