Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-10-2018, 12:33 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

My wife just offered me wine despite that I've asked her many times now not to offer me a drink or even a sip. She tells me to loosen up and has never asked me to stop or reduce my drinking. She also asked if I will ever drink again, I just said I don't know. I go out occasionally with her and sit at the bar at a classy place with good food. She wants to relax and enjoy 3 or so drinks plus desert. Unless there's sports on I want to watch, I don't care to hang out and linger like I used to. I'm noticing more that she can become antagonistic after a few drinks and be unpleasant to hang around. Oh well.

I just know that I was drinking excessively for many years and my life was being adversely effected. I had my lifetime allotment of booze, it's time to be free and truly live.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:39 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
I am definitely going to google Superchunk if you are going that far to see them.
I'll take ear protection this time, JimmyJam. It's a hometown gig, so it should be a good show.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JC-NY View Post
My wife just offered me wine despite that I've asked her many times now not to offer me a drink or even a sip. She tells me to loosen up and has never asked me to stop or reduce my drinking. She also asked if I will ever drink again, I just said I don't know. I go out occasionally with her and sit at the bar at a classy place with good food. She wants to relax and enjoy 3 or so drinks plus desert. Unless there's sports on I want to watch, I don't care to hang out and linger like I used to. I'm noticing more that she can become antagonistic after a few drinks and be unpleasant to hang around. Oh well.

I just know that I was drinking excessively for many years and my life was being adversely effected. I had my lifetime allotment of booze, it's time to be free and truly live.
I like tha way your thinking JC. I feel the same way regarding the last paragraph.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JC-NY View Post

Right, I think that's the most honest answer regarding the question, will you ever drink again? I really don't know. Mrs. Tiles sometimes asks the same thing, I say I don't know, but right now I have no desire to drink and no plans to drink for the foreseeable future.
About other people drinking, it doesn't bother me, but I notice the same thing, they get louder, more obnoxious, and more annoying. I don't mind hanging out a little, but I get restless after an hour or two.

I really like the last part of your post: I drank enough for a lifetime, or three! Alcohol was involved in virtually every aspect of my life starting at age 17. Enough is enough. I decided I was done with it and I haven't looked back.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
21 days! It was a breeze. Bring on 1 month. If I make the 90 day Mark then I am on auto pilot!

My music lovers, Greta Van Fleet!
Congrats on 3 weeks... when I first heard Greta van fleet I thought I was listening to led zepplin, I love them!
Old 03-10-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Zep like? I've have to check out Greta van Fleet.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I 'loosened up' eventually - I'm as loose as I wanna be.

I'm quieter, maybe...but then who wants to swing from a chandelier at 50?

I'm still not a fan of obnoxious drunks.

D
Old 03-10-2018, 04:50 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Just bought my ticket to the show at Cats Cradle. This is happening, Febs!
Ok going to look this up tonight. Gotta check the date. Awesome!
Old 03-10-2018, 05:16 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Just bought my ticket to the show at Cats Cradle. This is happening, Febs!
OOTT you have 2 sober friends that are going to rock out with you. My husband and I are in the date is clear and we are buying our tickets tonight!! An adventure!!
Old 03-10-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

OOTT you have 2 sober friends that are going to rock out with you. My husband and I are in the date is clear and we are buying our tickets tonight!! An adventure!!
Wow!!!!!! do you mean you might meet somebody from cyberspace in person. Scary
Old 03-10-2018, 06:10 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

It's not scary to me. I see lots of folks that have met in real life. No biggie... unless some want to remain anonymous and I totally understand that.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hey everyone...hope you are all doing well and staying strong!

WOW, I had a big argument with the AV tonight, On my way home from work out of the blue, my AV said "Wouldn't it be nice to have a bottle of wine"? I actually answered the old bast**rd and said "Yea, just for tonight, I could do it and no-one would even know."

WTF!! This is the first real craving I have had in my 5+ weeks sober.
I went back and forth, tried to remember how bad it really is....
Then I forced myself to drive home and log on to SR....As I look back to what was really going on I see it now as the same old HALT.

OK...deep breath. I'm going to tackle you AV...
Tonight I will stay sober by:

Staying close to SR
Say 'yes" to that big piece of chocolate I've been avoiding
Go to bed early and read a great book
Thank God I didn't give in

Thanks for listening, and for the daily support SR
Old 03-10-2018, 06:46 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm gLad you didn't give in either wildflower

D
Old 03-10-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Wildflower it is a lie... A trap... A delusion... Keep fighting.. xo
Old 03-10-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thanks sunshine,

It is a huge reminder that I need to start replenishing my tool box. In the past I would have caved in, especially since I have the next two days off.

Not this time...I knew that if I could make it home I would be OK.
There is NO booze here and this time I logged in to SR first....

That's also a new tactic of mine. Reading the horror stories of Day 1's brings it all back....real quick! I'm better now, craving is gone!

P.S.....that big chocolate Easter egg didn't hurt either
Old 03-10-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey, I would love to meet you guys there. It's an SR field trip! I'm really glad about this because Mrs. Tiles isn't going and I was going to have to be there by myself, so this will be great!
Old 03-10-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

It's not scary to me. I see lots of folks that have met in real life. No biggie... unless some want to remain anonymous and I totally understand that.
I wasn't being serious. I would have no problem meeting up with someone on this forum. I think it would be cool.......
Old 03-10-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good job wildflower. I know how bad AV can be. I'm glad you made it home safely.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:23 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Wildflower!! Well done
Old 03-11-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Great job wildflower!!!
That AV is a wicked devil��������.
Had a busy day yesterday. I went into Manhattan to bring some things to my daughter that she can't carry on the train. She took me to lunch.
I listened to sober podcast on the long ride in which was a great way to. Start the day!

JCNY.... I can get where you are coming from....though my husband hates when I drank (and actually I only sneak drinking until I get caught), he drinks at times and gets annoying. Then he gets beligerent then mad when I walk away. It's rough...

Have a great Sunday everyone xo