Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 05-09-2018, 07:32 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

It’s a new day one iwilltryagsin, but you achieved so much with that 1 1/2 years and you proved to yourself that you can do this. Good that you’re keeping your belly full, that and playing the tape forward work for me. I lifted the plan below from a member. It’s short, but I think it’s effective.

1) Never drink alcohol again. Not one sip. Ever. Alcohol has no place in my life anymore
2) If I find my mind romanticizing the idea of alcohol in any way shut down that thought immediately. Should a craving grow come immediately to SR and ask permission to drink alcohol
3) Visit and post on SR at least once every single day
Old 05-10-2018, 05:44 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iwilltryagain View Post
Hi All, I am back after a while. I had posted here sometime back. This is my second day coming to an end. It's evening. I got chipotle instead of drinks on my way home. I am eating right now. Taking one day at a time. I need support. Thank you all very much. Have a peaceful day...
I echo what the other have said. This class is great. You made it a year and a half! That’s great. So, you know you can do this. Welcome to the group!
Old 05-10-2018, 05:46 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Visualizing the regret and shame (not difficult to do!) usually helps me when I think about just one night of drinking. It’s just not worth it, nor is it likely to be just one night!!
Old 05-10-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!! Sad day of yesterday is over in regards to the 3 year anniversary of my lil' cousins death. His mom spent the entire day graveside. Since I couldn't be there I sent pizzas! Isaiah would have loved that!!

So onward and upward with life. So here is a sort of funny story. My sister just got out of prison a few months ago. She served 2 years for spitting in a cops face. Yeah don't ever do that... So she has landed a job at a convenience store in downtown Raleigh. Pretty sketchy area. So some poor soul comes in there yesterday and tries to steal. Bwahahahaha... He didn't know who he was dealing with!! Two years in prison and you get a backbone and def don't tolerate stealing. She said she made him put the stuff back and scared the living **** out of him. hahahaha pick another store buddy.

How is it going today IWTA?
Old 05-10-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Great story, Sunshine. How funny!!

I’m glad you got through yesterday safely. I was slightly worried about you. Someone I know recently committed suicide (or passed via accidental death, depending on who you ask), and I know that I had thoughts of using the liquid to get through it, so I’m just glad that you made it through.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:48 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you Sunshine, you’re doing fantastical ! ! !

I’m taking my brother out for his birthday tomorrow to see Get The Led Out (Led Zep cover band). They sold out the theater and I have to buy tix from stubhub. It’s worth it for my bro, should be fun. I’ll stay over his place in Rye, NY and chill with my niece and nephews.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

JCNY-meanwhile I'll be sitting at my sisters halfway house playing family feud with a bunch of female ex-convicts. lol We can compare stories. They are all very nice ladies trying to get their lives together.

So that show will be killer! Your brother is a lucky duck.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

OOTT where are you today!!!
Old 05-10-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone, thanks for all the support and comments. I had successful two days, Today is 3rd day night. I am holding well. I had thought of drinking that hit me in the afternoon from no where. I distracted myself. I will check back tomorrow. Have a great night.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:49 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

IWTA so glad you are still with us. Remember the golden rule; alcohol does absolutely nothing for us.

The next time you feel like drinking let me know so I can remind you. I'm rooting for you! And me!! Xoxo
Old 05-11-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Thanks SS72 and all...

3 days no drinks...small step...long way to go...I will stay in today and I will stay sober. Fridays and weekends are my biggest weakness. I will fight it thru. Just one day at a time...one moment at a time.

Any plans you guys have for the weekend?
Old 05-11-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JC-NY View Post
It’s a new day one iwilltryagsin, but you achieved so much with that 1 1/2 years and you proved to yourself that you can do this. Good that you’re keeping your belly full, that and playing the tape forward work for me. I lifted the plan below from a member. It’s short, but I think it’s effective.

1) Never drink alcohol again. Not one sip. Ever. Alcohol has no place in my life anymore
2) If I find my mind romanticizing the idea of alcohol in any way shut down that thought immediately. Should a craving grow come immediately to SR and ask permission to drink alcohol
3) Visit and post on SR at least once every single day
Thank you. I will come here when the craving hits. Weekends are my blind spots and my mind starts flirting with alcohol when i see a warm day ....
Old 05-11-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Thanks SS72 and all...

3 days no drinks...small step...long way to go...I will stay in today and I will stay sober. Fridays and weekends are my biggest weakness. I will fight it thru. Just one day at a time...one moment at a time.

I've posted this before not sure if you caught it but it sure helps as a reminder. You can change wine for whatever your drink of choice is:

WARNING:
Consumption of the liquid inside this bottle may indeed lead to a very SHORT-TERM feeling of relaxation and euphoria. However this feeling is short-lived and temporary! LONG-TERM effects may include highly regrettable sexual interludes, tossing your cookies, black-outs, alcohol induced late-night carb binge eating sessions that lead to spare tires and the dreaded muffin top. Hilacious hangovers, looking like complete dog ****, decreased energy equating to frittering away countless hours in bed recovering (might as well cancel that yoga class, gym visit, morning hike or whatever other healthy activity you planned for tomorrow), the oh-so pleasant morning-after emotions of dread, fear, sinking regrets, embarrassment, self-loathing, low self esteem, depression, anxiety, as well as those unexplained bruises, And it would be negligent not to mention the medical consequences of liver damage, high blood pressure, increased chance of stroke & breast cancer... basically a recipe for early death. This socially accepted substance will rob you of your health, happiness, and peace while simultaneously crushing any possibilities of reaching all your hopes, dreams, and goals. So before you pour that glass of wine to "chill-out, relax, fit-in, have fun", or whatever your reasons are for drinking this poison, please ask yourself this one question,
"Is it really Fu@%king worth it?"
Old 05-11-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Thanks SS72 and all...

I've posted this before not sure if you caught it but it sure helps as a reminder. You can change wine for whatever your drink of choice is:

WARNING:
Consumption of the liquid inside this bottle may indeed lead to a very SHORT-TERM feeling of relaxation and euphoria. However this feeling is short-lived and temporary! LONG-TERM effects may include highly regrettable sexual interludes, tossing your cookies, black-outs, alcohol induced late-night carb binge eating sessions that lead to spare tires and the dreaded muffin top. Hilacious hangovers, looking like complete dog ****, decreased energy equating to frittering away countless hours in bed recovering (might as well cancel that yoga class, gym visit, morning hike or whatever other healthy activity you planned for tomorrow), the oh-so pleasant morning-after emotions of dread, fear, sinking regrets, embarrassment, self-loathing, low self esteem, depression, anxiety, as well as those unexplained bruises, And it would be negligent not to mention the medical consequences of liver damage, high blood pressure, increased chance of stroke & breast cancer... basically a recipe for early death. This socially accepted substance will rob you of your health, happiness, and peace while simultaneously crushing any possibilities of reaching all your hopes, dreams, and goals. So before you pour that glass of wine to "chill-out, relax, fit-in, have fun", or whatever your reasons are for drinking this poison, please ask yourself this one question,
Old 05-11-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post

WARNING:
That is very well said. I came back home from work. My mind was going crazy....i had two calls came to go hangout...one of them is a party and other is bowling....It was hard for me to decline...but said no ...I said i had some plans...I am sitting at home watching TV and eating cheese and olives...don't know why...NO alcohol....i don't have any at home...I hope i will make today thru...one moment at a time....staying sober!...living sober...killing the urges....killing the urges....
Old 05-11-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

What a week, and today I received an extension on my contract for another year! I'm soooo happy.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:19 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Congrats Tiles! I know you work hard and are very deserving.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:49 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ad-pt-4-a.html (Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 4)

D