Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-23-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Morning! Stay strong this weekend, everyone.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:11 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Had lunch with a very good drinking friend today. She had 2 beers and a shot with her lunch. I told her I hope she doesn't feel awkward if I don't drink, and she said she doesn't, and she hopes I don't feel awkward that she does. Fair enough and it was a great lunch and we laughed and caught up. She informed me that 2 of our rocker friends have also quit drinking... I seriously had no desire whatsoever...
Old 03-23-2018, 04:37 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Glad you enjoyed lunch Sunshine and didn’t have any cravings.

I just ate a $7 frozen yogurt, kind of over did it! I keep planning on eating clean, but am snacking like crazy. Went to the gym though. Leg workout playlist was live Jerry Garcia and then Anthrax to get me moving during cardio.

Feeling pretty strong in my sobriety right now, have a great night and weekend!
Old 03-23-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too JC-NY and everyone
Old 03-23-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Jcny yup Anthrax will do the trick!! Glad you are feeling strong... I am too! Lots of reading up on the subject. Currently on The Easy Way To Quit. I've done these readings before... However, when that major urge strikes something in me says to hell with it... I'm going to not let that happen anytime soon.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:32 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Resist AV, Febs.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
However, when that major urge strikes something in me says to hell with it... I'm going to not let that happen anytime soon.
I hear ya Sunshine, I have a hard time treating the AV as an outsider. I mean it’s me who wants to drink, right? I tell myself that the genuine me wants a healthy totally sober life and I play the tape forward.

OOTT, thanks again for continually supporting our class! Have you taken any bike rides yet? I was thinking of taking my first ride of the year today, but there’s still a good amount of snow on the trails. Man I’m looking forward to some nicer weather. Thinking of joining a beach volleyball team in the summer, drunk bloated me would have never even considered it.

We’re almost through March, stay strong!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:46 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Just checking in everyone. Hoping you have all had a nice week-end. Lots of family commitments here. Nice getting to know my sister again. As she was absent from my life for very long and since she went to prison we got close and I'd go see her. So it's just nice and she is getting to know my son. Even though he is 16 they dyed Easter Eggs and it was a cool picture and some great memories.

Saw Black Panther last night. Wow! I loved it. It has been a nice week-end.

Looking forward to starting this week normally! So much to do with planning our growth for business and just everyday adulting.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hey guys, was leaving this morning to stop at Panera Bread for breakfast and Walmart for motor oil. My wife decided to come and we ended up at a few different stores and a cool sports bar for March Madness. Then we hit a rock bar with a Beatles band that played for three hours. They were great, six guys with some real nice harmonies. Met some cool people and had a great day, couldn't bring myself to go to Walmart though because I only enter that hell very early in the day before the large crowds. Ready for Monday...I guess!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

We were typing at the same time Sunshine, I'm happy your sister is out and you're getting closer to her. When I first got sober a year ago, I made an effort to build a better relationship with my brother which has been rewarding.

Have a great week!
Old 03-25-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Sorry, one more thing. At the sports bar there were place mats that had five conversational questions, two of which were drinking related. "Would you amputate your left pinky toe if you could drink for free for life?" and "would you rather eat all you want without getting fat or drink all you want and never get a hangover?" All I could think was it's POISON.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Those are pretty goofy conversation starter questions. Alcohol really IS poison, both figuratively and scientifically speaking. I couldn't imagine putting it in my body again.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Happy Monday, Febs.
Monday is a great day. We only get 52 of them a year, so make the most of today!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:21 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I had a great Monday. Accomplished almost everything on my schedule. Keeping yourself accountable and in check and self motivated and self disciplined in no joke with work and sobriety. Glad the day is almost over. Bring on Tuesday and whole new list on my schedule!
Old 03-27-2018, 10:57 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Raining here today. Looking forward to my mini vacation in the South next month, hopefully it'll be nice weather for the short time I'm there.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:59 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

OOTT today it is frigid! It will be 80 degrees on Thursday.. I think you will be safe by the time you get out here.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

I get a random text from my brother today who desperately struggles with the drink. And as of 6 months Adderell (illegally obtained), that he is 3 days clean of them both. Last time I tied it on was with him. Only that night he was the well-behaved one and I was the one acting a fool. That was 38 days ago. I'm happy to walk the walk and show him an example.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hey friends!

Way to set the right example Sunshine Day 38 here too, made it to 39 days last time before my two day slip/relapse. Besides the pesky tennis elbow, I'm feeling great physically. So nice to fit in all my clothes which is pretty much a whole new wardrobe. Just read a book called "Bigger, Leaner, Stronger" which focuses on working out properly and achieving maximum gains. I would really like to find an exercise partner, we'll see.

Have a great night!!
Old 03-28-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hello February Friends!

8 WEEKS SOBER TODAY

Life has been busy and good. I am happy to say I've had no more thoughts of using (only one bad craving in these 56 days) I truly believe this is it for me, I can now see the rest of my life without booze, I'm no longer afraid of it. I'm still spending a lot of time alone, and for once I'm not lonely.

I'm so glad to see your all doing well, be strong and give yourself a big hug!

Blessings,
WF

Last edited by wildflower70; 03-28-2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-28-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hello February Friends!

8 WEEKS SOBER TODAY

Life has been busy and good. I am happy to say I've had no more thoughts of using (only one bad craving in these 56 days) I truly believe this is it for me, I can now see the rest of my life without booze, I'm no longer afraid of it. I'm still spending a lot of time alone, and for once I'm not lonely.

I'm so glad to see your all doing well, be strong and give yourself a big hug!

Blessings,
WF
That's great news! Happy to hear this. xoxo