Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-07-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sober person ducats, lol! Love it I need some of those
Old 03-07-2018, 04:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This Naked Mind is taking off, in fact she was just in Forbes. I'm loving the concept.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewFighter View Post
Ditto!

Anyone dealing with PAWS?

I am day 16 and so clumsy, and tired I actually told one of my clients "jokingly" when I sloshed my tea on the office floor.... twice.... that "I swear I am sober...."joke... not a joke...

I am not recalling simple things and find myself going blank when needing to find information etc. This stuff is no joke!

I guess this is why I had body drunk at the end but not mental drunk. Now I'm both but sober
I accidentally skipped you on the class list on a previous post NewFighter. Sorry about that. I hear what you are saying about clumsy and tired. I feel great in the morning and evening but early afternoon the brain fog settles in. If I recall from a previous sober run it to shall pass. Feeling good in the morning is my favorite thing about early sobriety b/c when i was drinking i was dragging arse in the AM.

Jimmy
Old 03-07-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Total hair metal groupie here! I always find that my fellow music lovers that share this affliction so inspirational, because we all know how the music scene goes... and to find your 'kind' also with the same struggles helps for some reason...
and roll
Old 03-07-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JC-NY View Post
Hey NewFighter, I looked up PAWS symptoms and the only thing I'm kind of experiencing is lack of concentration. This might just be my job in general, but I find it hard to sit at the computer for extended periods of time. I need to get up, stretch and walk a bit. Hang in there, I'm sure this will pass for you. Great job staying strong at 16 days.

As far as hair metal, Motley Crue is my favorite. I also like Skid Row & Ratt. Poison, Warrant & Bon Jovi, not so much (sorry Sunshine!)
and Roll
Old 03-07-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JC-NY View Post
Hey NewFighter, I looked up PAWS symptoms and the only thing I'm kind of experiencing is lack of concentration. This might just be my job in general, but I find it hard to sit at the computer for extended periods of time. I need to get up, stretch and walk a bit. Hang in there, I'm sure this will pass for you. Great job staying strong at 16 days.

As far as hair metal, Motley Crue is my favorite. I also like Skid Row & Ratt. Poison, Warrant & Bon Jovi, not so much (sorry Sunshine!)
I used to love skid row! But I am a die hard Gunners fan, only got into motley crue in last 10 years..
Old 03-07-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Huge Cruehead here. I knew you all were cool!

Have a good night, all!
Old 03-07-2018, 08:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey everybodys, I heard things are going great here for you Fantastic Febs. I thought I'd drop by and say hi. Hi especially to JimmyJam and his SRV strat, and JC-NY.

I see everyone's talking music. I'll go to see pretty much any live act...there's really nothing like seeing/hearing live music. I went to see an indie band in a small club in Seattle on Feb. 27 and it was great. Probably the loudest show I've been to in fifteen years. My ears were still ringing three days later! It was fantastic!!!
The best part was being sober, I could enjoy the show, didn't have to worry about how I was going to drive home, didn't have to pee every 20 minutes, and best of all, I remember the show!
Old 03-07-2018, 09:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yowee zowee, I just went back and saw the previous closed Feb thread, and I got a bunch of shout outs. I am genuinely humbled and flattered and I am really, really grateful I can help in my own modest way. I really don't have any special knowledge or skills or advantages. . . I guess I've been able to do this because I have taken my decision to stop drinking and never drink again with compete seriousness. It has been, without a doubt, a wonderful two years.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Wednesday morning, 7:30. All is well. This way of life is great. There’s nothing better than not waking up feeling sick, not being annoyed at having to adult, not feeling horrible anxiety. I recall thinking that I only felt good about 2 hours a day, from about 4-6, when the alcohol was out of my system. The other hours were sickness, fear, and anxiously planning my wine at the end of the day. Complete reversal now. I feel really well and present the whole day, except being tired for a couple of hours after work. Already, my relationship with my child is different. He is responding different to a momma who isn’t just getting through each hour. I am present for him and enjoying playing with him!

I have not drank since 2/27, and I’m so very glad. Working out feels exhilarating. Performing my job, I feel confident in my sharp mind. Haven’t been late or called in at all. Truly, this is the way to live.

Thanks for letting me share and for all the lovely responses I receive.

Professor, join me today and not have a drink?! Let’s feel awesome at the gym today!
Old 03-08-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Hey everybodys, I heard things are going great here for you Fantastic Febs. I thought I'd drop by and say hi. Hi especially to JimmyJam and his SRV strat, and JC-NY.

I see everyone's talking music. I'll go to see pretty much any live act...there's really nothing like seeing/hearing live music. I went to see an indie band in a small club in Seattle on Feb. 27 and it was great. Probably the loudest show I've been to in fifteen years. My ears were still ringing three days later! It was fantastic!!!
The best part was being sober, I could enjoy the show, didn't have to worry about how I was going to drive home, didn't have to pee every 20 minutes, and best of all, I remember the show!
OOTT in the house. Great to hear from you bro. BTW, if you recall, Audiology is what I do for a living. I strongly encourage hearing protection when exposed to loud noise exposure.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Checking in day 12 Fab Febs. Sounds like you are doing awesome Rungirl. Everyone else doing well?????
Old 03-08-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Doing great. Correction: haven’t had a drink since 2/26. That one day is important in my book
Old 03-08-2018, 07:22 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Another busy day in Lala land.....I'm going to enjoy the 'boring aspects" of my life.
I used to feel that I was being 'left out" with all of my friends posting on social media about their amazing lives...(yea right, no-ones life is that spectacular).
And, I think that I used to drink so I felt that I was doing something...It temporarily made me feel like my life was exciting too....
Well, today I am going to celebrate being "boring."
Yep, it's going to be epic (haha)
A nice quiet dinner after a long day at work.
Maybe a movie on Netflix.
A hot shower and off to bed.

I wonder if I should post all of this on social media....?
Nah, everyone would be jealous at how amazing boring can be..

Cheers to a sober day!
Old 03-08-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yeah, to boring!! Well said, Wildflower. Boring is beautiful and peaceful.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
OOTT in the house. Great to hear from you bro. BTW, if you recall, Audiology is what I do for a living. I strongly encourage hearing protection when exposed to loud noise exposure.
JimmyJam, I will remember that for next time. At the show I thought to myself that I should have brought ear protection because it was really intense. I was about five people back from the stage, dead center, and the kick drum was almost going through my body it was so loud, and I was thinking....hmm....ear protection might be a good idea right now. I noticed that everyone in the band was using clear plastic ear monitors. Anyway, I was really surprised at how loud they played. It was a great show, but I should have been more careful about my ears. Even now, I notice slight tinnitus in my left ear that was aggravated by the show, although to be fair, the initial damage was from years of running using earbuds.

The same band is playing three dates in Europe in May, and I floated the idea to Mrs. OOTT about me just scooting over there for three days to catch the shows and then jamming back before anyone missed me. That idea was quickly shot down. They're playing SxsW in Austin and a date in NC and Atlanta, and I wouldn't mind going and catching one of those shows and scooting back before anyone missed me.

UPDATE: just looked at ticket prices to London. Not gonna happen, way tooo expensive. Going to Atlanta may be more realistic. I don't know about SXSW because it might just be a showcase gig where they play just four or five songs, and it's a long ways from Seattle for some industry gig. I've never been to SxSW, but I guess it could be fun. Have any Febs been to that?
Old 03-08-2018, 10:53 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
JimmyJam, I will remember that for next time. At the show I thought to myself that I should have brought ear protection because it was really intense. I was about five people back from the stage, dead center, and the kick drum was almost going through my body it was so loud, and I was thinking....hmm....ear protection might be a good idea right now. I noticed that everyone in the band was using clear plastic ear monitors. Anyway, I was really surprised at how loud they played. It was a great show, but I should have been more careful about my ears. Even now, I notice slight tinnitus in my left ear that was aggravated by the show, although to be fair, the initial damage was from years of running using earbuds.

The same band is playing three dates in Europe in May, and I floated the idea to Mrs. OOTT about me just scooting over there for three days to catch the shows and then jamming back before anyone missed me. That idea was quickly shot down. They're playing SxsW in Austin and a date in NC and Atlanta, and I wouldn't mind going and catching one of those shows and scooting back before anyone missed me.

UPDATE: just looked at ticket prices to London. Not gonna happen, way tooo expensive. Going to Atlanta may be more realistic. I don't know about SXSW because it might just be a showcase gig where they play just four or five songs, and it's a long ways from Seattle for some industry gig. I've never been to SxSW, but I guess it could be fun. Have any Febs been to that?
What is the name of the band and where in NC? That's where I am and we get awesome talent through Raleigh.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi sunshine, great to see you here!
Superchunk, from Chapel Hill.
I've seen em at Cat's Cradle in Carrboro. They're playing there in April, not sure of the date. I may try to get there for that show.
As you can tell, I'm sort of a superfan of theirs.

UPDATE: I just priced tickets to the NC show, and it's doable. I'm going to see if I can do this.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

OOTT def checking into it. Maybe you can talk Mrs. OOTT into going. My husband is down and he saw them live in Chapel Hill years ago. Small world!
Old 03-08-2018, 01:46 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
Omg I agree, I now after years of listening to loud metal have tinnitus and the ringing seems to be getting louder and there a nothing to fix it...