Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 05-02-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the problems, glad you go it resolved.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:25 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Me too Sunshine. My wife sent me something today titled “How to have a civilized and productive quarrel.” Part of our issues are that we go from zero to sixty in a few seconds.

Funny about Pauly Shore, you clearly weren’t meant to be Mrs. Shore or Mrs. Tommy Lee haha.

I was reading in the April class and a member wrote how they bought a bottle as security just in case, but they weren’t going to drink it which is obviously a horrible plan. It reminded me of when we go to New Hampshire and visit the cheap tax free liquor store. A few years ago I decided to stock the home bar with a wide variety of stuff that I didn’t really drink (tequila, gin, liqueurs, etc.). I figured they’d be good for barbecues and hanging out. Needless to say, they didn’t last nearly as long as planned.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Yup, terrible idea. I can't (and don't want to) keep alcohol in the house. There's one or two bottles of cheap Cooks champange (spelling?) left over from my wedding in a cabinet somewhere in Chez Tiles, but there's no way I'm going to drink it. Eventually it'll be regifted and be out of the house. On the other hand, any type of hard alcohol or beer or cider can't be in the house or I would relapse at some point.

Great Pauly shore dis. There's nothing better than dissing a celebrity. My only claim to fame is that I ignored Peter Buck at a Cheap Trick show in Seattle years ago. He was standing about two people over from me, and I totally ignored him the whole night. Of course, he wasn't trying to get my attention either, unlike Pauly and Sunshine!
Old 05-02-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Unfortunately my wife always has vodka and/or wine in the house. I made it over six months last year living like that and it was a happy hour out where I fell off.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Gosh!! I wasn't seeing these responses.. I was like thinking it is so quiet in here. You guys are funny, yeah I wasn't destined to be Mrs. Shore or Mrs. Lee!! Thank Goodness! I did manage to be with a few almost famous types.... It was fun at the time, but not a lifetime. I'm happy with Mr. Sunshine... except of course when we fight. You said it perfect JCNY... 0-60 flat. I think it is called passion. We always know that no matter how the fight goes down we are each others ride or die... Perfect relationships with no turbulence are boring to me. So it's all good.
I think I told you OOTT when we met, that I have a big bottle of Grey Goose in my closet of all places. And bottles of wine from the winery we visited over Christmas. The Grey Goose was from one of our Wholesales Distributors and we earned that POS bottle. So I dunno know why I can't part ways with it. I don't have the urge and have had it unopened for 1.5 years. The wine that is so sad.... "sigh". My weak spot... It is such good wine, but I am going to send it to a friend in California soon because it is from a winery here in NC. At least it will go to someone I love that will appreciate it.

I did empty all other booze... Well I gave it my mother.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

JCNY after you finish This Naked Mind try out some of her podcasts. She interviews alot of interesting people and also speaks on the scientific ways that alcohol impacts our minds and bodies... And why in the world we voluntarily ingest a toxin that makes our lives unmanageable 'ish' and makes us feel sick.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Good morning people! Have a great day~
Old 05-03-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

I will check out some of her podcasts, thanks Sunshine. Poisonous toxin is the truth. I’ve said it before, but I am so grateful for my health and never want to jeopardize it again. A friend of mine at work has elevated liver enzymes and now has to go for a liver scan. He’s 17 years younger than me and “parties” a lot.

I’m sitting in my car at work on break with the windows open. The sprinklers just went off right next to me and gave me my second shower of the day lol.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:36 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

That's funny you got a second shower. My father actually had cirrhosis of liver when he passed away. I don't think that was the primary cause of death but it would have gotten him eventually. I have a clean bill of health too and I'm very grateful. I love rumplemintz and that straight hundred-proof. My poor organs must have been put under so much stress. I'm feeling strong and so much more optimistic that I've got this!
Old 05-03-2018, 11:19 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I had a physical and blood work and all that stuff about three weeks ago and everything came back great. It's a miracle.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:42 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Today was a good day! We cut out this afternoon to go shopping!! Got a new area rug for the living room. Make up, humming bird feeder, and a few "My Pillow" pillows and just other 'stuff'. Bed Bath and Beyond is my fave!!

So the My Pillow guy was a former crack addict. He is such a nice guy his dealers had an intervention. His main dealer said no more drugs until you get some sleep, he had been awake for 2 weeks. So the dealer called all the other dealers and said, don't sell to him. lol How about that! Now he is clean and sober and a rags to riches self made millionaire. Wow... And now he gives former addicts second chances at a life by giving them jobs in his pillow factories. I can't wait to try out the pillow tonight. That story is the only reason I'm trying it out. What a great guy!

The downfall of cutting out early is that I get to stay up a bit with some customer service. It's worth it!
Old 05-03-2018, 08:01 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

I heard about the My Pillow guy, it's an amazing story.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Happy Friday people! I have my son this weekend and I'm very happy as I haven't had him in 3 weekends because of this and that. I'm hoping that he will be cool with spending a little one-on-one time with me. I'm thinking about taking him out to eat and maybe get some shopping in or something so he can get some summer clothes. We never get one-on-one time just us anymore. This is normal as he is almost 17 years old in the last thing a 17 year old boy wants to do is hang out with Mom. lol so I know that I will be alcohol-free safely this weekend. Although with or without him I would be as well!

What's everyone else got planned?
Old 05-04-2018, 09:27 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

I wasn’t aware of the my pillow story, good for him. Enjoy the time with your son Sunshine

Tonight I’d like to see a Led Zep cover band, might go solo if my wife isn’t interested. Second act is Linkin Park tunes if I stay awake. Gym today and tomorrow plus I’m going to put in some extra hours at work as my push continues. Sunday is the bike of NY tour, meeting two friends for a 6AM train. I believe this is the one day a year when the railroad allows bikes on the train without a permit. There’s live music at rest stops along the away and a party at the end. That’s it for now!
Old 05-04-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Hey CrossYourHeart, what’s new?
Old 05-04-2018, 10:26 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

JCNY it all sounds fun! Especially the bike ride with the live music and party at the end!
Old 05-05-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Good morning friends! Here's to another sober weekend and month, seize the day!

Old 05-05-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Not to be a bummer or put a sad tone on things but we are coming up on the 3rd year anniversary of my 13 year old cousin committing suicide. This was the major event in my life that derailed my 18 months of sobriety. He was only within two weeks of the age of my son. So his mom and I were both pregnant at the same time. This could have just as easily have been my son. I have been supporting his mom ever since and I always keep his picture up in our house. Right next to Ryan. And it's so sad every year I put Ryan's new school picture in the front of his frame but Isaiah's will always stay the same. the actual anniversary is 5/9. It's such a tragedy. I think the initial pain and shock is getting numb with the years...
Old 05-05-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

That's heart breaking Sunshine, I'm so sorry.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:05 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

JCNY thank you and I'm really not trying to get sympathy but it really helps for me to put it out there get off my chest. It's a pretty big deal and it's nice for us all to look around and cherish all all our loved ones because you never know. And to make sure that we really know what's going on in the minds of the ones we love. I'm going to send his mom tie-dyed roses. I do it every year in his honor. They're about a two-hour drive so I may pop in for a surprise visit on May 9th at the cemetery as she spends the entire day there.