Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 04-07-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

drinking at something or someone is like drinking poison trying to make the other person ill, OOTT.

Enjoy the Stones tribute

D
Old 04-07-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

Just checking in to say "Hi".....so happy to see your all doing well. I'm looking forward to continuing on the sobriety path together each month, before you know it we will be back around to February next year.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:11 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Got back safe and sober. THAT WAS A LOUD SHOW!!! Another ear bleeder! I love it.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I'm hoping to go to a Black Sabbath tribute band well it's actually called blizzard of Ozzy. They are playing Nay 4th this should be a good one
Old 04-08-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

JCNY how was your show?
Old 04-08-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JC-NY View Post
Tiles, have a great time at the Hendrix tribute and let us know how it was.

I’m off to see The Stones tribute. I’m In the midst of a two day spat with my wife and really want to drink. Posting to keep myself accountable, phew I feel better already!
Sorry, I didn't see this until now. Sorry about the fighting, but like Dee says, it doesn't do any good to drink AT someone. That's sort of what I did for three years....I was devastated by a breakup and drank for three years because I was so depressed and hurt by the end of the relationship. It didn't do any good. She moved on to other guys and I became a pathetic useless alcoholic.
I hope you had a great time at the Stones show. I know a guy who's guitarist in a Stones tribute band in LA called Sticky Fingers, in fact I sent him pics of the Hendrix tribute show last night.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Don't even think about it buddy! We are #49 strong! You are my partner in this. Talk it out if you need to. I'm here for you. I know the feeling. You know drinking won't help a damn thing. It does absolutely nothing for us.
Thank you so much Sunshine, we are #50 strong together!

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hello everyone!

Just checking in to say "Hi".....so happy to see your all doing well. I'm looking forward to continuing on the sobriety path together each month, before you know it we will be back around to February next year.

Nice Wildflower! It's within our control to reach that one year mark and beyond.

I got through my early urges yesterday and had a fun sober night. First stop was a frozen yogurt store that has a speak easy in the basement. There is no signage at all for it and you need a password, then you are allowed to enter through a door disguised as a bookshelf. This place was a real speak easy during prohibition in the 1920's and there's the original tunnel where you could escape through a shoe repair store in case of a raid. There was live jazz and it was a cool spot (not trying to romanticize drinking, but the history was fascinating). Then we went across the street to The Stones tribute. Rocked it with Can't You Hear Me Knocking complete with an 8 minute saxophone jam. Also, Gimme Shelter was killer with a guest female vocalist whaling! Even stayed for a while after the band grooving to some loud dance music, my wife almost danced herself into a threesome without me lol.

Had to get up before 5 this morning to work a full day on an overtime project. Then made it to the gym, I'm a little tired but feeling chipper.

Sunshine, that Sabbath tribute sounds cool. Judging by the name I assume they do some solo Ozzy too? Maybe some Dio era as well, he's one of my favorites.

Tiles, I hope you enjoyed the Hendrix show. BTW, Sticky Fingers is my most played Stones album. I still have the vinyl from when I was a kid. This band last night reminded me how many incredible guitar riffs they have. Start Me Up is a song I don't play a lot, but what a rocker it is (yeah I know it was just a cover band but I dug em'ha ha).

CrossYourHeart, I hope you are doing well....have a great week all
Old 04-08-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

JCNY~ I'm so Jealous of that speak easy place. That sounds so surreal... You had a great time I can tell! Hope all is better with the wife. Us woman can be soooo unpredictable.

We had a great time in the mountains but came home a day early. My almost 17 year old son just isn't into things like that anymore. He just couldn't unplug from the internet, social media, gaming, emailing, texting.... It made me so angry. My husband was guilty too.

I spent a whole day alone at the cabin while they went fishing and that was really cool! I cooked and cooked and sat on the front porch and listened to the water falls... It was really nice. But by the last day I could tell my son really wanted to go home... so we did...

My mom officially starts working for us tomorrow. I'm so scared. I really hope all this works. Hope we have enough work for her. We are an online business and she is not technically inclined... Oh boy... deep breath... We can do this.

For the most part I am in good spirits. Haven't had any urges at all. I'm so happy to be #50strong!!

Once 90 comes I'm going to do something really nice for 'me'. I'm not sure maybe a facial.. lol

Anyways... keep on rockin'... that Stones band sounded like a blast!
Old 04-08-2018, 09:44 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
Cool stuff, Tiles. The Struts have been opening for the Foo Fighters; not sure if they are still in Sept. when you’ll see them. I like them. They’re not the type of band I would normally like, but the singer is a natural performer and reminds me of some combination of Jagger, Mercury, and Bowie.
Cool, I'll check out the Struts regardless of who's opening in Sept. Last time I saw the Foos it was Gary Clark Jr. opening.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:48 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all goes well sunshine 72

D
Old 04-09-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Trigger warning; I fell off. For five days... I’m a wreck and it’s not my first rodeo. I hate the poison... it feels overwhelming that I may allow this cycle of insanity. How strong the fight is until it isn’t constant focus and bamb... right back in the insanity. February’s I hope you all are better and haven’t put yourself through this again 💕
Old 04-09-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you fell off NewFighter. I looked at your recent posts and you expressed regular gratitude for your sobriety. You’ve proven you can do this, move forward & tell the poison to F off.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Just got back from doctor, lab results are great. He was very complimentary and I'm really happy about the results. I always lied to him about my drinking, but I'm sure he knew that I was drinking at alcoholic levels. I want to mention in particular that my liver functions are great. In short, just a tremendous morning, given the amount of abuse I inflicted on myself.
I think this shows that as long as you don't drink insane amounts for decades, the body CAN recover. I drank starting at age 17, drank at reasonable "college levels" through my 20s, then was so busy with work and career that I didn't drink all that much in my 30s, and but started into full blown alcoholism in my 40s, and drank beyond all reasonable limits for about three years. I'm just thrilled that I made it through that without lasting damage.

Oh, and colonoscopy scheduled in about two weeks, so unless there's something bad there, I'm doing well.
Doc could tell that I've been bicycling and lifting weights,and I didn't even have to fish for compliments. So happy.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:31 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

New Fighter, you have to pick your goal and focus on it. Sobriety isn't easy, but it IS possible. It takes sacrifice, but getting off the crazy train is the best thing I've done in decades.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Glad to hear about your healthy check up OOTT. I picked up drinking regularly in my early 30's, that's just what the friends I hung with did. It of course progressed for two decades until I usually drank at home solo.

I tried this torture device called a stair climber at the gym today. I had it on "hill plus," even when it slows down, you're still climbing friggin stairs (I did 113 flights per the thing-a-ma-jig). Just couldn't get into a zone like I do on the other cardio machines.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

The stair climber is brutal. Do you have Jacobs Ladder? that looks really old school low tech, but it's a good work out.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewFighter View Post
Trigger warning; I fell off. For five days... I’m a wreck and it’s not my first rodeo. I hate the poison... it feels overwhelming that I may allow this cycle of insanity. How strong the fight is until it isn’t constant focus and bamb... right back in the insanity. February’s I hope you all are better and haven’t put yourself through this again 💕
Hi there! The good news is that you are back. I hope you to see more posts from you. Especially here in Feb. Class. I came VERY close last week I think...?? Thanks to SR and the fact it isn't my first rodeo either I pulled through it. I've been reading lots... I think you are a business woman and mom if I'm not mistaken? Anyway, I highly recommend these 3:

This Naked Mind "Annie Grace"
A Happier Hour "?"
The Easy Way to Quit Drinking "Alen Carr"

Stick around and keep us posted!! And the Golden Rule "Alcohol does absolutely nothing for us".

You are a non-drinker!
Old 04-09-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

OOTT and JCNY good job on working out. I'm just blah today. I have no physical energy. Trying a bit of low carb... But I made homemade pumpkin pie in the mountains and brought it back soooo... I must have a slice.

Mom's first day training with us went well. She was in a great mood and I was too. I sure wish she would find other things to do besides drink in her free time. My brother lives right next door to her and he told me she was happy about her first day, but she was drinking... "Sigh" My brother is going on 3 weeks without drink. So that is good. I feel sorry for mom... it's all she knows... I will continue to lead by example that you do not have to drink...
Old 04-09-2018, 03:28 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
The stair climber is brutal. Do you have Jacobs Ladder? that looks really old school low tech, but it's a good work out.
No Jacobs Ladder, looks interesting though.

BTW, I'm seeing Brit Floyd tomorrow at Radio City Music Hall with my brother. His millionaire pot head friend is coming too, I'm sure he'll have smoke and edibles to offer. Last time we went I tried an edible and it made me very introspective. We're going to have a nice steak dinner before, no drugs of any kind for me this time.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

JCNY, that's gonna be a test. Beware of millionaires with edibles. Worst case scenario is spit it out when no one's looking. Edibles are legal in my state so I had quite a bit of experience with that before I got sober, and the best thing I can say is that edibles sucked. Hated the whole pot thing towards the end.