Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 03-28-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Congrats on eight weeks, wildflower!!!

I think the two month mark is when you really start to turn the corner and see amazing results.
I am truly happy for you and every one else here. The Febs are doing fantastic. .
Old 03-28-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Wildflower, great that you’re no longer afraid of alcohol. Let’s be sure to all keep our guards up though. Awesome job on achieving 8 weeks!
Old 03-28-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

We all have to remain vigilant. It's still tricky even for me, although AV usually isn't a problem now, it would be really easy for me to drink again if I don't stay alert to AV.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:17 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Definitely Tiles! I remember you saying you approached early sobriety like a tactical mission. You were prepared to win the war and you have in a big way
Old 03-28-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

I'm tense right now. My husband is on my last nerve for dropping some balls with our business, hence we got a negative review today!! My son is leaving tonight to go with his Dad and Step Mom to New York on an adventure. Yeah I'm happy for him to get this experience but I'm so down that I will miss his excitement and not be a part of the memories and I will of course worry about him. I feel tired and exhausted. I'm grumpy and haven't put on make up all week. I feel and look old. My house is a disaster! I usually drink when my son goes on these trips to cover up my sadness. Don't worry guys I'm not going too this time. I will muscle through all these negative and sad emotions!! Just dumping it out here, so I don't completely internalize it all and then pop! It's not always Sunshine now is it. xoxo
Old 03-28-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sunshine! You are strong, muscle through like you said
Old 03-29-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Awesome, Wildflower!
Old 03-29-2018, 05:25 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Not 60 days, but two calendar months today. I’m pleased with that, but also concerned, because I’ve been a real crank the last few days. Everyone is pissing me off, and I’ll admit that I’ve had thoughts of drinking. It’s just a rough spot that I’m going to have to get through.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:04 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations CrossYourHeart

Happy Easter everyone

D
Old 03-30-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

You got this CrossYourHeart and Sunshine.

Super short day at work today, somehow my car kept going past the exit for the gym...maybe I’ll make it later. I won tix to the Mets tomorrow. Going to take my daughter to her first baseball game, should be fun. Have a great weekend!
Old 03-30-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Congrats, Cross.
Every sober day is a gift. It's weird because I never thought I'd be a 'high on life' type of guy, but here I am. Eliminating booze from my life was the missing piece of the puzzle. Like JCNY said, I've approached sobriety like a mission, and it's true. I can joke about it, but I've been completely, 100 percent invested in my sobriety, and so far that has worked for me.
I can't emphasize enough, that even though this is difficult, it does get easier. I was literally hanging on day by day when I started, and if you look at my Feb 2016 class posts, it's a virtual diary of me getting sober. Some posts were funny, some were sad, but it worked.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:06 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Great post Tiles. I had some urges and I ended up eating lunch in a booth that was adjecent to a huge liquor store with glass windows. I sat down and three feet from me were dozens of bottles of high end whiskey which used to be my poison of choice. My AV said I was meant to drink, but I powered through relatively easily. I got a lot done at home last night and felt awesome, yeah high on life! When you’re sober, there’s so much to experience and look forward to.

BTW, I downloaded a good rocker yesterday by Rival Sons. It’s called Pressure & Time and it has a very similar hook to Out On The Tiles by Led Zeppelin. Check it out if you’re not familiar.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Thanks, guys. I think you’re right, Tiles. Everyone is different, but with an addictive personality, I think attacking sobriety like we attacked booze is the way to go; all out; become addicted to sobriety, so to speak. I’m getting so much more done these days, even some handy-man type stuff around the house, and I’m NOT handy! Also, thanks in part to you guys, been getting back in touch with some great old tunes, Priest, Maiden, etc..
Old 03-31-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hey guys I'm posting here first because I'm having that first major overwhelming urge today. I've got 42 days right now. I'm so pissed off that I even want to drink. I'm trying to figure out why? So I'm going to make a new thread so that I can get all the support I can today.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Fight the urge. Get out of the house and start a project. Go to big box store and get things for home improvement. Paint a room or build shelves.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
Thanks, guys. I think you’re right, Tiles. Everyone is different, but with an addictive personality, I think attacking sobriety like we attacked booze is the way to go; all out; become addicted to sobriety, so to speak. I’m getting so much more done these days, even some handy-man type stuff around the house, and I’m NOT handy! Also, thanks in part to you guys, been getting back in touch with some great old tunes, Priest, Maiden, etc..
AWESOME!

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Hey guys I'm posting here first because I'm having that first major overwhelming urge today. I've got 42 days right now. I'm so pissed off that I even want to drink. I'm trying to figure out why? So I'm going to make a new thread so that I can get all the support I can today.
Sunshine, you executed perfectly by posting and starting your own thread

I'm so glad you made it through and chose not to drink!
Old 03-31-2018, 05:26 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hey Fab Febz!! I'm cool now. Fought that bastard urge off! Not my first rodeo! But I'll tell you I knew when these urges hit me they HIT ME HARD! I took all the advice and I'm so greatful I have SR to lean on and guide me in these valleys. I'm on a natural high now because I WON! I feel so much peace now. It's like so crazy...!! I came so close.... I don't like that. I have not even had much of an urge this whole time... but I always knew it was in there hiding out. It's true... the urges pass... Thank GAWD! OOTT saw Superchunk on the calendar for our concert in the Independent... local entertainment paper today. I REALLY need some live music, and can't wait for this show. Will be killer...
Old 03-31-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Glad you got through it, sunshine. This is truly the SR community at work!
Yeah, the Superchunk show is gonna be great! I'm pumped that you guys are pumped for it!
Old 04-01-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Hey Fab Febz!! I'm cool now. Fought that bastard urge off! Not my first rodeo! But I'll tell you I knew when these urges hit me they HIT ME HARD! I took all the advice and I'm so greatful I have SR to lean on and guide me in these valleys. I'm on a natural high now because I WON! I feel so much peace now. It's like so crazy...!! I came so close.... I don't like that. I have not even had much of an urge this whole time... but I always knew it was in there hiding out. It's true... the urges pass... Thank GAWD! OOTT saw Superchunk on the calendar for our concert in the Independent... local entertainment paper today. I REALLY need some live music, and can't wait for this show. Will be killer...
Good job Sunshine!!!

Do a little happy dance
Old 04-01-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

60 Days Today!

Happy Easter everyone!

I went to the store to get myself a treat for hitting this milestone. I will be having a shrimp cocktail for Easter!