View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Mags,
I had no idea what getting stuck in and being a grafter was. I looked tyhem up in the urban dictionary and found exactly what the heck you were saying because I was reasonably sure it would be good in some way, and it was! Thanks, he is too.
Here's to clearing those cobwebs growing between you and your significant harassment.

Toots,
Microsoft gives great tech support to get the bugs out they caused with a bad monthly update last month. I know you know but for the others who might not, the original use of getting the bug/s out was when computers had mechanical relays and a moth got stuck in one impeding operations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debugging
I agree Toots, I've also been me all my life too, why do border folks always question that? I am sure if they did detain you, you could have smoothed the way out armed and proving your real name is Sandy. Hasta luego too, to the two of you.

Dee et al well said! FBL I agree. But I hope it wasn't on the cover, like: "Top Pop Hits 1855-20017" You didn't make a programming error on a nuclear ICBM! <wink.>

PJ,
I am a charter member of the wally club!

Suze,
Sorry about all the rough patches (pun int.) Seriously though, being sober doesn't make us accident free or level headed all the time. All it does is let us laugh with, not at, ourselves, and go about fixing it or letting it go.

Babs,
I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. My MIL and FIL needed all the help they could get as each passed on in 2015 and 2016. Good for you doing your part. For my wife, nothing I could do or say would have helped her with her grief. But her grief was short lived because she did all that could be done, and took over for when he couldn't do the bills and handle his accounts. She couldn't beat herself up after the fact for not spending time with her parents before they had to go. And they knew she was right there until their last breath. I can only hope my sons do us as proud as she did, when it is our turn. That is why we changed our minds about moving to another country. My responsible son asked that we grow old nearer to them than now. They are in Denver
"I'm going to be sober and accountable and thanks to
all of you. I'm still sober." No way I am taking that kind of accountability away from you. We help and are friends you chose to find, a support group of which you sought out and found and became a contributing member. You are sober because you wanted it badly enough, and so am I. Now we get to enjoy interacting with others who from our drinking days looked liked Gods! I am proud for YOU!

PJ,
I'm glad you are learning to say no to codependent others. When I retired from my senior position in the military I found my absence was like pulling my finger out of a bucket of water. After a brief ripple no sign I'd ever been. With poop heads I remind myself that personality crystallizes around age 27, and nothing short of a significant emotional event like yours can cause a change in it. Our self aware sober friends share the knowledge that we got to start the painting of our lives all over. Some just stand there, some begin to design and live the life of their dreams, others already had it and learned to love it and the others who made it so.

Sassy,
Well said. From one who just spent a full eight hour day with Microsoft remotely repairing the damage from a bad patch they put out, (thus no charge) even the best of the best can overlook a bad syntax or and/or in basic coding. I don't like to go deep into services and debugging any more. It used to be a challenge to overcome, but now just a PITA.

Hey Star! Gil!

IP,
Tomorrow here is Veteran's Day.

Good for you Suze! As for the female with a beard, no! I have, since Sinead O'Connor came out with her shaved head, become a fan of that look, when the woman is a fluff otherwise.

I think I sold my new RV as I don't think I'd use it. There is a guy using the little fiberglass egg trailers as a B&B in San Antonio, with a different theme to each landscape and settings. I'll know by the next week. Sunny, cool but still T-Shirt/short sleeve weather here. Gotta go do some "rat killing."