Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 09-22-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

A bit of a rough day here too. Maybe it’s just Friday.

I ordered some shoes and they came yesterday. They were tight but I’ve been wearing them thinking they’d stretch. Well they haven’t and it looks like I might be stuck with too tight shoes. Irritates me.

Not really craving, but would like to zone out. I’ll probably just go to bed early, I’m pretty wiped out.

Glad everyone is staying sober and if you’re struggling or even slipped, it’s alright, we’re here to help out. I’ve got 23 days and I feel great physically, but I know my addiction is waiting in the wings for a weak moment to pounce. I’m sure when I get out of town it will flare up.

Be well
Old 09-22-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Just want to check in before winding down for the night.....my weekend job gets me up even earlier than during the week, but it's just what I need to keep myself outta trouble!

I'll be around this weekend so hopefully I can catch up on reading the thread. Thanks everyone for helping me stay sober today!
Old 09-22-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone.

Today is Day 7 for me. Tomorrow will be the first time in many, many years I have gone more than 7 days without a glass of wine or a mixed drink. It's been a very stressful 24 hours with little sleep, but I didn't drink. Nor did I want to. It helps that there is no wine in the house.

Herbal Tea lovers out there...tonight I am trying one called Vanilla Jasmine. Not bad. A little too sweet for me though. It's actually fun trying different teas. I used to try different wines, so hoping this will be a new habit. :-)

I have a lot of free time on my hands this weekend so going to try something new and that is bake Oatmeal Pumpkin muffins tomorrow.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

LHW
Old 09-22-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hi team, hope everyone is having a great Friday!

It's Saturday morning 3:30am and I just got home after a night of eating out with my family and then celebrating my friend's birthday.

At dinner, my dad asked me to choose the wine because I know the local wines better (I live in France and have obviously tasted my way around). I chose a good wine for them and then ordered myself a coke.

When I got to the party, there were wine bottles everywhere and even two magnum bottles of champagne. I had Fanta, and later even made myself a tea.
We danced, we sang, we laughed.

Turns out, the most important ingredient in the recipe for a good time and to relieve my anxiety from work is my friends and family and some loud Queen on the stereo. I will try and think of this night the next time I feel like I'll "never being able to party again". The alcohol is not what makes the fun happen.

Now lying in bed, sober, feeling good, and strong... and sleepy.
G'night, see you tomorrow!

Originally Posted by LoveHateWhine View Post
Hi Everyone.

Herbal Tea lovers out there...tonight I am trying one called Vanilla Jasmine. Not bad. A little too sweet for me though. It's actually fun trying different teas. I used to try different wines, so hoping this will be a new habit. :-)

LHW
LHW, happy to talk about tea, whenever you'd like! My current favorites are an Oolong and a Roiboos Lemon. And I can't stop buying other ones.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:31 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

That's awesome Leeloo! x
Old 09-22-2017, 09:53 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep the momentum going guys - you're doing it

D
Old 09-22-2017, 10:12 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Thanks for that Leeloo!
Old 09-22-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Morning Septembermembers - some great posts to draw strength and companionship from - thanks. Mountain-biking today with teenage daughter - surprised she wants to go and really hoping she likes it - it could be something we can do together for years. Happy sober day to all.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:03 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Day 19.

I cannot sleep, am peeved, again. I finally scored a roommate, he came for a viewing, liked, made deposit. I mad sure in my ad to post that the place was furnished (coffee table, new dresser, bed, desk, chairs, kitchen - right down to sharing my towels). All they needed to bring was practically themself and a suitcase with personal belongings. He told me all he had was his own bed. Ok.
Grudgingly, I then unscrewed the bed frame and tossed it out keeping the mattress stuffed in my room for the dogs (they love it).
Fast forward to yesterday. This guy sent over a moving truck with his entire house! Bed, love seat, gigantic stereo system, speakers, 2 old horrid sofas, coffee table, 2 big old dressers, huge paintings, lamps, electric scooter he wants to plug in here! Leaving my beautiful antique table and new dresser crammed into a corner I will now need to cram into my room as well. I may as well move out of my apartment cuz he's taken it over. The nerve.
I'm so tired of being nice and believing in people/strangers when all they do is lie to get what they want leaving you in a jam. You do them a service/favor (sure store your stuff here before the first for free ((he even wanted to move himself in - FREE - for the remainder of the 9 whole days)) I'll wait here for it). Not only did he not show up with the movers escaping my wrath, but he arrived 2 hours later and stayed until 9 pm moving in the rest of his junk with his friend.
I hate my place now, it's not my home anymore. Oh and the dishes and glasses (liquor glasses, beer glasses, wine glasses, shot glasses - great.)
He is nice, and I need to think it's only temporary until I leave. And I do have 2 of my own dogs and regularly board others and he is fine with it. Compromise. I also want him to feel at home, but this is too much.
I'll get over it. I just hate the lying at my expense. It's been an issue lately with non payments for services and now this.
The clock is ticking, it will soon be over.
Hope you all have an excellent sober weekend and things in your lives are running smoother.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Caprice, that sounds awful. What did you say when he brought so much stuff? I just can't imagine how someone could do that. You said it's temporary until you leave, how long is that?
If your home isn't your haven, well that's tough. Stay strong, this is definitely not a situation for drinking. I'm thinking of you.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. It's 7:30 am sat morning here. Starting day 2. Yesterday was pretty crappy. But today I feel better. It's going to be a nice sunny day here and I'm planning to spend some time at the beach later, and later in the evening walk my dog by the water. Chores and stuff in between.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hey Caprice, I hate that this guy did this to you. Did you try to stand up to him and tell him no? I have a bad habit of letting people run over me. I do it because I want them to like me. But it hasn't worked so far and I'm trying to get over it. What would happen if you told him he had to find storage for all that stuff?
I've actually started acting like a supervisor at work. I've been a supervisor since I was hired over a year ago, but I've let people get by with all kinds of stuff because I wanted them to like me and I thought that if I let them by on this stuff, they would love their jobs and try to do well. Also, I felt so bad about the awful job I was doing while being hungover every day at work, that I didn't feel right asking them to do better. That has changed and I'm getting a lot of push back now. I'm praying and asking my H.P. for help and sticking to my guns as best I can. It's a hard change to make! But I feel better about myself and about my job now. I'm going to keep it up.
Today, I have my four year old grandson all day and night! And I owe it to being sober! No way I could take care of him if I was still drinking. We're going to the Zoo and out to eat and the library and then taking the dogs to the park.
Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 09-23-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kachal View Post
Caprice, that sounds awful. What did you say when he brought so much stuff? I just can't imagine how someone could do that. You said it's temporary until you leave, how long is that?
If your home isn't your haven, well that's tough. Stay strong, this is definitely not a situation for drinking. I'm thinking of you.
Thanks Kachal. My friend was speechless. It's beyond me as well.

He said that he will organize it all and it will look nice. I don't care, it's crammed with old, ugly furniture, no less. I liked my simple, light, minimal furnishings and most of all space in this overpriced shoe-box downtown apartment.
He's young though, so I am not worried about any advanced alcoholism. I am worried though now about having his friends and guests over and parties (he seems like the type). I cannot let myself be walked on like this. I won't stand for that at all.
I need to save up for start up costs once I leave. Also need to pay for my dogs' vaccinations, flights etc. I should start working abroad start of January, so until end December.
I loved living on my own and am having a very difficult time with this. Walking through my living room has become a maze.
Sober - I told him, but it was too late. Little to no time finding someone else too. He saw my place and saw it as an opportunity to move in all his junk and take advantage. It's shameless. I like to think people are like me for some reason and conduct themselves in a cultured manner. I've been greatly disappointed as of late.
Good going on your change, sticking to your guns and plans over the weekend!
Live and learn - from now on, I only accept certified checks or payments upfront for one. About this latest matter, it's too late to do anything about it but tough it out and hope to never be in this situation again where in my late 30's I need a roommate. sadly, it's common in the city with the rent being as high as it is.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

morning all, happy Sober Saturday.
So sorry to hear you've had trouble with your roommate Caprice. Can you ask him to move his stuff into storage perhaps?

have a great day with your grandson sober369 - they are so lovely at that age aren't they I have an 8 yr old who seems more like a moody teenage sometimes

Been out fruit picking, now going to bake and clean out the hens. Still feel really tired and hoping it passes soon.

Enjoy the mountain biking General

Great news on last night leeloo. I couldn't have survived being around people drinking wine so well done to you.

have a good day all.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
morning all, happy Sober Saturday.
So sorry to hear you've had trouble with your roommate Caprice. Can you ask him to move his stuff into storage perhaps?

have a great day with your grandson sober369 - they are so lovely at that age aren't they I have an 8 yr old who seems more like a moody teenage sometimes

Been out fruit picking, now going to bake and clean out the hens. Still feel really tired and hoping it passes soon.

Enjoy the mountain biking General

Great news on last night leeloo. I couldn't have survived being around people drinking wine so well done to you.

have a good day all.
He is so broke or cheap, couldn't or didn't want to even pay $210 if he were to move in for the 9 days remaining of the month and is crashing on his friends couch until the first.
His ''bed'' was 1 thing, but his person is where I put my foot down, dogmannit.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Stronger2017! The drinking dreams! I've never felt panic like I do when I wake up from one of those. Man, how horrible they are but such a good reminder.

My AV tried to pull one over on me today. Not that I wanted to drink right then, but I can hear it planning for the future. The last night I drank was an absolute mess, and I can already feel it in there going 'You can let the last time you ever drink be a bad night! Have one more night where you just have a drink or two and have some fun. Better to end on a good note!"
Which is how it got me last time. And the time before that. Because I do it, and then I think I can successfully moderate and then I can't. The good news is this is the LAST time I had to prove that to myself. There is no reason for me to ever drink again. Like RAL said, I would not regret NOT drinking but I would regret drinking.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Happy sober Saturday all. On day 3, the real challenge for me starts now. Too much down time on the weekends, and I have to go grocery shopping. I will avoid the alcohol section. Wish our were separate, but that isn't the case. Day 3 is when I start feeling anxious. Baking and tea drinking sounds good. Thanks for the posts and great ideas.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

New

Hi everyone after five years of soberity I have been drinking for over ten months now. Today is day two of soberity and I want this so bad again so here I am and saying hi
Old 09-23-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Hi Mielz and welcome!

5 years is amazing. You've been there before, know what works for you and can do it again.

Originally Posted by mielz View Post
Hi everyone after five years of soberity I have been drinking for over ten months now. Today is day two of soberity and I want this so bad again so here I am and saying hi
Old 09-23-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 14

Ready at Last. You be selfish and indulgent. We will need great strength to beat this. Being indulgent in that matter will benefit you and all those around you.

Caprice. Ugh. I feel your pain. I have learned to document the hell out of agreements just to get everyone's wants and expectations out on the table. I feel your pain.